Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The freakin FBI knew about the shooter and his
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 698

The freakin FBI knew about the shooter and his

Feb 15, 2018, 7:21 AM

You tube/Instagram postings, yet they did nothing!

All they wanna do is Get Trump!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The freakin FBI knew about the shooter and his

Feb 15, 2018, 7:24 AM

The dude was a nut case

Feb 15, 2018, 7:34 AM

Thank the NRA. If the FBI had tried to stop him, they'd be accused of being deep state gun grabbers.

BULLSHID!***

Feb 15, 2018, 8:22 AM

Feb 15, 2018, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: The freakin FBI knew about the shooter and his ]

This thing IS a gun grab. Every time.

You know that's horse sheet, right?***

Feb 15, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: The freakin FBI knew about the shooter and his ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know that's horse sheet, right?***

Feb 15, 2018, 10:11 AM

Yet MemphisCat proved my point. Thanks for playing.

"MemphisCat proved my point"?...lol....

Feb 15, 2018, 10:39 AM

my mistake, I thought your claim may have been more general than 1 person on a message board LOL.

Slow clap for...

Feb 15, 2018, 7:48 AM

Somehow finding a way to lament the treatment of your savior when 17 people are murdered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Slow clap for...

Feb 15, 2018, 8:00 AM

FO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only real surprise was that he beat you to it.***

Feb 15, 2018, 8:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

We used to have these things called Lunatic Asylums

Feb 15, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Slow clap for... ]

Every state had one. They were state funded and housed people with serious mental conditions. They served the purpose of keeping citizens safe from mentally ill people and also served to house, clothe, and shelter mentally ill people.

Around the time of the passage of the Federal Income tax with the 16th Amendment, states slowly phased out the insane asylums because they couldn't afford them. The one in Columbia died over the 20th century and no longer functions and houses a baseball park. All part of that push in the early 1900's to become a federal democracy over a democratic republic.

But with the closure of state "Lunatic Asylums" those people, while not receiving the best care at the facilities, were at least cared for. Today a large portion of the homeless population that exist in urban areas would have once been housed in lunatic asylums, where they would have been better off than on the streets. Also, many of the same people who commit horrific crimes now because of mental illness would have been safely cared for in these institutions.

Today mental illness is largely ignored, at least until someone becomes an obvious danger to themselves or others. And even then, they're rarely treated. Many become homeless and wander the streets for decades. Some people see the way mental illness today is treated as a success. For some it may be. But for many who would never recover to a functional level, they're ignored and that is sad.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/the-fbi-was-warned-about-a-school-shooting-threat-from?utm_term=.tnj6EY0nA#.xvEJ4N7EK

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While this is true

Feb 15, 2018, 9:05 AM

And I have always agreed that mental health treatment in this nation is severely underfunded (thus, as you mentioned, resulting in more mentally ill on the streets), I'm not sure it would have changed things yesterday.

And you dont give a dayem about

Feb 15, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Slow clap for... ]

how our authorities are performing when th info is right in front of their faces, do you?
You love gubmint, no matter how inefficient they are....

And you tell me what they were supposed to do

Feb 15, 2018, 9:06 AM

Arrest him? For what? We going to arrest every person who posts something crazy online?

You go knock on his door

Feb 15, 2018, 9:14 AM

You find out his parents are dead
His crazy rantings about shooting people might justify a search warrant.

YOU DO YOUR ####### JOB!

So we're going to start sending FBI to the door...

Feb 15, 2018, 9:17 AM

Of every person who sounds crazy online?

BTW, how busy were the Florida field agents in regards to the Russia investigation?

bro, "sounds crazy" isn't the litmus test.

Feb 15, 2018, 9:18 AM

Making actual threats on others' lives is called assault. It's a crime that's on the books and should be investigated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, let's break down his comments

Feb 15, 2018, 9:28 AM

Probably the one that would garner the most attention was his threat online to kill law enforcement. Sure, that warrants being on their radar.

Would a judge grant a warrant for the FBI to go into his home based on those comments? I'm doubtful. Could the FBI go knock on his door and have a talk? Absolutely, but who knows if that would have led to anything. Sure, it's a good idea. Go check out a guy who is threatening to kill cops. But again, we're going to stretch our law enforcement very thin doing it.

Again, I go back to whether or not a judge would grant a warrant. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Either way, blaming this on the FBI is a cheap way out of a bigger problem. And to reference the Russia investigation in conjunction with it is just plain despicable.

Oh, I agree very much with your last line, as is referencing

Feb 15, 2018, 9:31 AM

Rob Porter in conjunction with this also despicable, but such is the tangled web in some people's heads.

On the surface it seems like this one could have been prevented. That's a great micro solution, but certainly not macro, which is why I was discussing fortifying schools. They've been a target of the evil and insane since before guns became prevalent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they could refer that to local law enforcement....

Feb 15, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to So we're going to start sending FBI to the door... ]

I'm not ready to jump in and say it was the FBI's fault, but we ought to be having the discussion on what more can be done to identify threats and then act on them within the law/Constitution. Local law enforcement does all kinds of home checks/welfare checks. I don't know for sure, but my gut feel is that local law enforcement has the resources to check on folks like this when they've made threats like this.

Not every nut making crazy on-line comments, but that tied in with the rest of the stuff...yes.

Possible 2nd shooter?

Feb 15, 2018, 9:05 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/KHOUSportsMatt/status/963972590258806785

https://youtu.be/D88b-LQ523A

Holy “Jesus Campos” Batman!***

Feb 15, 2018, 9:28 AM

The freakin FBI knew about the Porter abusing his wives

Feb 15, 2018, 9:24 AM

and reported it to the WH. Yet Kelly, Trump and others in the WH did nothing!

Oh wait, if they didn’t know, then they are grossly incompetent?

Wait...he's still working there?***

Feb 15, 2018, 10:05 AM

That's pretty weak man....

Feb 15, 2018, 10:04 AM

"All they wanna do is Get Trump!"

Come on man...that is asinine.

Possible 2nd shooter?

Feb 15, 2018, 11:07 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D88b-LQ523A&t=24&feature=youtu.be

https://mobile.twitter.com/KHOUSportsMatt/status/963972590258806785

Feb 15, 2018, 11:24 AM

What would you have had them do? You can't arrest someone for 'potentially' committing a crime.

Lone shooters are tough to handle. Likely he would have not done as much damage with a bolt action deer rifle instead of a high capacity magazine, semi-automatic assault rifle?

Feb 15, 2018, 12:35 PM

Well in this case, he passed a background check despite a history that should have been flagged.

I suspect, though, that the FBI acted properly. It's the laws that are stupid.

Replies: 28
| visibility 698
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic