Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The finish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,607

The finish

Feb 13, 2017, 8:27 AM

It will be interesting to watch the basketball team and it's coach with a must perform path.

With the ACC so highly rated and the strong pre-ACC performance, this team could make it. But do they see Blossingame as the leader and have the love, trust, and ability to do so?

Adding so many transfers was harder than expected but it's do or die now, for the team and for Brownell.

This is why we wait until the season is over to judge.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interested to see if Blossomgame is going to

Feb 13, 2017, 8:28 AM

elevate his game before the season is over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Interested to see if Blossomgame is going to

Feb 13, 2017, 8:39 AM

17.3 ppg 5.7 rpg the only flaw is his 3 point shooting but he has improved over the past few games. What more do you want the man to do? lol I do want to see him close out games I will give you that.

What more do I want him to do? Let's ask

Feb 13, 2017, 8:41 AM

coachmac

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: What more do I want him to do? Let's ask

Feb 13, 2017, 8:45 AM

I do agree about the 3 point shooting and free throws but the man is still getting his points while being doubled most of the time.

Still confused as to why anyone thinks this team will "make"

Feb 13, 2017, 8:30 AM

anything. Even the NIT looks like a long shot. We've got 6 games left and have only won 3 ACC Games??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Still confused as to why anyone thinks this team will "make"

Feb 13, 2017, 8:40 AM

Well seeing that the experts still have us in the first four out I am confused as to why you think the NIT is a long shot?

Feb 13, 2017, 10:14 AM

That is at this point in the season. Really if you look at our schedule we only have one quality win in Scar.

For me we are going to need to 20 wins. So we need to either go 6-0 or 5-1 with a few wins in the ACC tournament.

Right now I don't see that happening. 3 wins should give us an NIT birth.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 10:20 AM

I agree but our SOS and RPI have kept us in the conversation. If we go 4-2 and win 2 ACC tourney games there is a good chance we make the big dance depending on what other at large teams make it and and who wins their conference tourneys.

well said. i agree with everything you say. I think there

Feb 13, 2017, 10:07 AM

are some obvious 'continuity' issues with this team. Make no mistake about it, Blossomgame came back to make a bigger impact on his draft stock. He did not come back for Brownell or because of his love for clemson. I'm not saying he's a problem, but he's definitely not the senior leader that some guys would hope he'd be.

And when you throw in 3 transfers playing big minutes, thats similar to playing 3 freshmen because they've never played games together.

Our talent his as high as its been in a while, but when talent doesnt mesh well together, it doesnt always workout.

I think we CAN finish 4-2 or even 5-1 but it looks unlikely right now. Things have got to start clicking and in a hurry. A loss tomorrow night would blow any chances at a late season run. 1 game at a time!

Go Tigers!

No excuse for not finishing at least 4-2

Feb 13, 2017, 10:18 AM

Wake-W
Miami-W
VT-L
FSU-L
NCSU-W
BC-W
Puts us at 17-13 and 7-11 in conference with a NIT bid.

MIami on the road will be tough....

Feb 13, 2017, 10:30 AM

but i dont disagree with any of that.

i think we could also steal @vt or home vs fsu... seems crazy but we've been known to get blown out in 1 game and win the next against the same team.

Re: MIami on the road will be tough....

Feb 13, 2017, 11:18 AM

We need to beat FSU even if we just win 4 they need to be one of them.

Re: No excuse for not finishing at least 4-2

Feb 13, 2017, 11:18 AM [ in reply to No excuse for not finishing at least 4-2 ]

That would get us in the big tourney not just NIT.

That's likely a minimum to get us unto NIT. .500 or worse

Feb 13, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to No excuse for not finishing at least 4-2 ]

would probably not get us into the NIT.

Our record in the new year is atrocious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to No excuse for not finishing at least 4-2 ]

We won't get any 50-50 calls on fouls or out-of-bounds, except for the BC game. Therefore, the Tigers will have to play close to perfect, including hitting 70%+ of FTs, to win any 4 ACC games going forward (except BC).

Feb 13, 2017, 12:37 PM [ in reply to No excuse for not finishing at least 4-2 ]

We have a lower RPI than 4 of the teams on our remaining schedule so not sure how you thinks its "no excuse" for us not to win 4 games. 4 of our remaining games are at home which would be great if we weren't worse at home than on the road. We only have 3 Top 50 RPI wins - 2 were on the road. We only have 3 ACC wins - 2 were on the road. The last two games of the season will actually hurt our RPI even if we win. The next 4 games - all against Top 52 RPI teams - will decide pur fate. We're 3-8 at present against RPI Top 50. Statistically speaking we're most likely to go 1-3 over the next 4 games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The finish

Feb 13, 2017, 1:15 PM

Hey tiger fans - Wake Up!!!! - With a $3 million dollar buy-out Brownell is assured of returning for next year already
no matter how the Tigers finish out the season.....

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,607
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic