Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The fastest way to fix the defense....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The fastest way to fix the defense....

Sep 24, 2012, 10:12 AM

is to go get JUCO transfers. Everyone else does it, why not us? They mentioned the many JUCOs FSU had on the field Saturday night and how they contributed greatly to the team effort - but could not say the same for us.

The problem is time. You have (for one more year) one of the most prolific collection of offensive athletes to have ever been on the team at one time, and the whole effort is hamstrung by an absence of defense. Sacrifice a few scholarships this recruiting season and go get some JUCO boys who are already physically developed and mentally mature - or the window of opportunity will close once again, and you must start over from scratch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barker won't take them***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:16 AM

Fire Barker***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:19 AM

I hear that he might be retiring soon***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:26 AM

I did not know that...

Sep 24, 2012, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Barker won't take them*** ]

DO you mean to tell me they will take transfers from TriCounty Technical college, but not student athletes from other schools that could contribute to the football team?

Don't know why but I heard that it's his decision

Sep 24, 2012, 10:26 AM

and he doesn't want to take them. Most JUCO credits don't transfer over at Clemson and that's due to Barker wanting us to be a top 20 university.

^pipe dream***

Sep 24, 2012, 11:17 AM

Got a link or any proof to that assumption?***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Barker won't take them*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Unless I'm wrong

Sep 24, 2012, 11:20 AM

JUCOs have a problem getting in from an academic stand point that goes through the university to let them in. In that regard it falls to the president as to who Clemson accepts in terms of academics.

Makes sense, I've never seen anything official.***

Sep 24, 2012, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This is simply a false statement. *******

Sep 24, 2012, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Barker won't take them*** ]

null

I agree, but I don't think CU will do this.***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:19 AM

Re: The fastest way to fix the defense....

Sep 24, 2012, 10:28 AM

Agree 100%. Our administration needs to allow this if they want us to play big boy football. Let's face it, all of the elite teams do it. We will never hit on all recruits. If we miss on a few and we have an immediate need to fill, then we should be able to hit the JUCO ranks.

Look at Auburn. They won a National title by bringing in JUCO players - Cam Newton and Nick Fairley. They would have never won the title without those players.

JUCO's transfer with only 2 yrs eligibility and

Sep 24, 2012, 10:42 AM

withe a number of their classes not transferring, 3 years of school left. They leave and never graduate. I don't understand how the quick fix people don't understand this.

I doubt

Sep 24, 2012, 10:49 AM

you'll find graduation high on the priority list of JUCO athletes. Most of these guys would happily forfeit a college degree in exchange for the opportunity to play on a national stage. I would venture to say that many are devastated that they were either not eligible for major college admission, or were not recruited at their potential form the start. Its hard to imagine them not chomping at the bit to get their name back in the pool for a potential pro career.

Re: Barker won't take them***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:43 AM

Is Hargrave a Junior College? Did we just send someone there who didn't qualify? Shaq Lawson! Aren't we expecting him back next year? What about Cordrea Tankersley, Martavis Bryant, Josh Brown, Mike Tyson......

No. It's a prep school.***

Sep 24, 2012, 11:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nah...go to a 5-2 or a 5-3 ....

Sep 24, 2012, 10:51 AM

that would fix it faster

IF the db's can be disciplined enough.

Without the talent

Sep 24, 2012, 11:04 AM

There is little a new scheme can accomplish. The problem is one of two things. Either the recruiting failed to land quality athletes, or the quality athletes that were landed, failed to pan out (or some combination of the two). The scheme starts with talent, and that is the hole in the equation.

You have to change something...

Sep 24, 2012, 11:15 AM

pressure up front helps backers and db's ...no matter who's back there.

If we can't get pressure with 3 , and sometimes 4 (assuming we have the best 3 or 4 down linemen in) ....then we better get 5 on the front.... or history will keep repeating like it has a way of doing

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic