Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The fact that we haven’t heard the results of sample B
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

The fact that we haven’t heard the results of sample B

Dec 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

Is a good sign in my opinion (I’m a glass half full person). I bet the NCAA knows that they have a big problem on their hands and they need to figure out an equitable resolution. Hopefully the Clemson lawyers are giving them some encouragement to do the right thing. Time will tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact that we haven’t heard the results of sample B

Dec 27, 2018, 10:32 AM

I'm with you. I just worry it may take longer and the results of a clean test will come too late for this game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 10:34 AM

I bet Dex could fill more than half a glass

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Hahahah!!!!

Dec 27, 2018, 10:35 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a glass half-full person when it comes to

Dec 27, 2018, 10:36 AM

a lawsuit against the NCAA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a glass half-full person when it comes to

Dec 27, 2018, 12:56 PM

hope when he collects pro money, hope he sues ncaa a ton of wealth.

Didn't Dabo say in the original press conference last week

Dec 27, 2018, 10:38 AM

that they would get B sample results Wednesday or Thursday of this week? It's still just Thursday morning. It's Christmas week, nobody has been working.

Re: Didn't Dabo say in the original press conference last week

Dec 27, 2018, 11:19 AM

Yup, and it is only 8:15 AM on Thursday in California where the second sample is being tested.

Doesn't quite seem like there is a delay...

Now, in about 12 hours, that is a different story.

Clemson coaching staff

Dec 27, 2018, 10:46 AM

I just wish they sounded more optimistic. I know they are just trying to be pre-pared either way.
But listening to them... Doesn't sound good.
Person that will REALLY struggle, Galloway. Would had been a starter in 019, IMO.

Who is #21?***

Dec 27, 2018, 12:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 10:56 AM

"Oh ####, the B Sample came back negative, we already screwed the pooch and contaminated the wrong Lawrence, how are we gunna fix this to keep Clemson out of it now??
- NCAA, acting as an agent for the SEC/Saban, Notre Dame, or John Swofford, probably."

- TigerNet, probably.

I hate lawyers. Hope it isn't legal BS dragging this out.***

Dec 27, 2018, 11:26 AM

Until you need one.

Dec 27, 2018, 1:16 PM

I know quite a few who are great people and very good attorneys!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 11:30 AM

Got to remember they are 3 hours behind where the labs are, I wouldn't expect to hear anything til later this afternoon or evening. I just can't get over how odd this whole situation is with that small amount, I bet if he retook a test today he'd pass with flying colors.

There are several key factors that influence the amount of

Dec 27, 2018, 11:35 AM

the substance present in the sample.

1) The amount original ingested
2) The rate at which it leaves the body
3) The amount of time that has passed since ingestion

Even a massive dose would eventually result in a trace amount being present in the sample so the small quantity may not mean anything.

Re: There are several key factors that influence the amount of

Dec 27, 2018, 1:02 PM

That's true, but also wouldn't make any sense to take a muscle building supplement like this one in such a sporadic or one-off type way. So if he'd indeed been taking it on purpose, with or without knowing about that illicit ingredient, you'd think that he'd be doing it as a regular routine as most people do with supplements.

For that reason, it shouldn't just show up as a tiny trace amount since at best you get 24 hours notice of an impending test. And if you know much anytying about drugs...I'm not a doc but I know a LOT about them :P Anyways, you would know that a half-life of 24 hours is EXTREMELY long. After 3 days from dosing, you'd still have at least 12.5% of the total dose in your system. And that would show up like a freaking Christmas tree, not a trace.

I've seen a person taking a drug with a similar half-life still trigger a positive detection on a test for the substance over 3 weeks later. But again, it makes no sense to take muscle supplements in such an occasional, sporadic way. So this whole situation, if it is in fact trace levels, really makes no logical sense given the variables.

Dec 27, 2018, 12:16 PM

I wish I was a half full guy. But I’m afraid there’s no chance this turns our way. The worst part is the huge distraction before a gigantic game. Really want us to make up for that playoff game last year.

Dec 27, 2018, 12:28 PM

Luckily Dex, Dabo, the team and whole staff are handling about as well and classy as anyone can. Turning out not to be the distraction that it could have been.

Dec 27, 2018, 12:37 PM

A suspended player got interviewed by the media today and you think its not a distraction? The NCAA is not going to let a cloud of suspicion be a talking point for the playoffs. I hope we win it all, but I dont think Dex plays again for Clemson.

How many times will it be mentioned if he does play? Does the NCAA want that? They are corrupt no doubt, but they arent stupid.

Dec 27, 2018, 12:42 PM

This could be a lab mistake. When a sample is tested they are on a big turntable where a probe takes a sample from a vial, then it is supposed to be dipped into a clean sample before going to the next so it won't contaminate the next sample with what may have been in the last one. If this is not done one sample could make many samples set positive falsely. Just wondered if the Clemson lawyers asked the lab how many others samples that were tested in that lab that day were positive for that drug. Also ask if the sample was QA checked to verify peaks could not have been something else.

Dec 27, 2018, 1:11 PM

Just stop. The College Football Playoffs is a billion dollar business and ya'll are acting like a $10/an hour intern did the testing. The excuses and theories are utterly ridiculous. Do I believe there was any intention by Dex? Ofcourse not. The guy is a saint in my eyes. Hes truly a gift to the people who know him. But the excuses and deflection need to stop. I realize our beloved Dabo did the exact opposite of what Im asking and that has led to thousands of fans believing there is some conspiracy against us. There isnt. We are a cash cow for the NCAA and the university, but we need to move on and stop sounding like whiny babies trying to avoid a spanking.

Dec 27, 2018, 1:15 PM

Oh the irony...likely it was someone making around $10/hour that did the testing. Who did you think performs them? Dr. House?

Seriously though, acting as if the NCAA is some smoothly running machine would be akin to suggesting the government and all of its bureaucracy works well and produces good results efficiently.

Dec 27, 2018, 1:24 PM

But you think the NCAA will admit it made a mistake? Amerite????

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic