Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The fact that the Gamecocks have even come up with the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

The fact that the Gamecocks have even come up with the

May 2, 2013, 5:27 PM

"Fear the Thumb" for this season says all you need to know about the series. We've knocked them around for years and not once do I recall a "Fear the Thumb" shirt.

In my life (b. 1977) we could have printed those shirts in 1984, 1992, 2000, and 2006. Can any Clemson fan produce a shirt that says such a thing?

I guess you can't blame them because this has only happened for them if they are around 60- and even those people wouldn't remember it. You would have to be close to 70 to actually remember it.

Sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beating us is their version of the National championship***

May 2, 2013, 5:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact that the Gamecocks have even come up with the

May 2, 2013, 5:42 PM

Right on Swann, Right on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2013, 5:46 PM

What you say is true.

I just want it to be over. God forbid we actually focus on beating South Carolina this year and see some of the intensity against them that we saw in the LSU game.

I think it's more of a mental thing than anything.

I will give them their props, over the past 4-5 years!

May 2, 2013, 5:50 PM

They have beaten us when it has really counted on the National stage from the Regionals to Omaha, so I don't like it but it is a fact. So from that perspective we do not have much of an argument with comparing recent history and with the world we live in it is what have you done for me lately?

If our guys and Jack would have stepped up and made plays in those situations the past couple of years then we would not be sitting here looking in the Chicken Trophy Case and seeing two National Championship trophies. We had our opportunities and we did not get a key hit or strike out when it counted and they did.

I still love our history in Baseball, from Bill Wilhelm never having a losing season to the transition to Jack and us going to Omaha to only come up a hit or strike out from playing for all the marbles. I'll never forget the 91 team with a 60-8 regular season only to go to Omaha and lose two 1 run games and come home with Kris Benson and Billy Koch pitching for us! That was as great a year in our history only to fall short when we probably had the most talented team in Omaha.

I love these young guys Jack has now and think they will only get better. Major League Baseball has been a detriment to the college game. You cant compete with thos gawdy signing bonuses and they have made it so that a kid that stays for their senior year has no leverage in the negotiation process so you are forced to go your Junior year. I hate it and we have tasted losing almost our entire signing class to the majors and/or minors!

There is no doubt. However my point is that in all those

May 2, 2013, 5:52 PM

years they we could have had those shirts they weren't produced. Simply because we have always been on top of this series.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is no doubt. However my point is that in all those

May 2, 2013, 5:57 PM

I agree El Swamm but I am glad we are who we are and they are the Karoliner Chickens, no matter how many times they may beat us in any sport I'll love my TIGERS! I am originally from Walhalla and have lived in the Cootlumbia area since 1968 and we have had the upper hand in every sport over my life times more times then not! Go TIGERS!!!

May 2, 2013, 6:05 PM

Don't give them credit for coming up with it. They're just copying Auburn. Auburn did it to Bama about 6-8 years ago. I still see those shirts hanging around over here.

Auburn did it in 2006 against Bama and won. They won again

May 2, 2013, 6:25 PM

the next season giving them a six fingered hand. Since then the WETs* are 1-5 against the Tide, their only win by one point. I'm sure Bama has moved on.

* Since Auburn won't choose a mascot, then we'll call them the War Eagle Tigers, WETs for short from now on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2013, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: The fact that the Gamecocks have even come up with the ]

> Don't give them credit for coming up with it.
> They're just copying Auburn. Auburn did it to Bama
> a about 6-8 years ago. I still see those shirts
> hanging around over here.

^^^doesn't know Clemson's history. FTR, not a huge fan of fear the thumb either.

Frankly, I haven't and won't pay any attention to it, since

May 2, 2013, 6:09 PM

it is a "faddish" thing...and fads come and go. While they may like to sing a litany of choruses over the past four year run, our chorus has many, many, many more refrains.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2013, 6:15 PM

Never saw one referencing the chickens, but in the early '80's when I was a student, the football team had a shirt that had a paw on the back with the consecutive "unofficial" ACC champ years in the four toes and below it said "On probation and still kicking a##!". I never could find one of those for me...

Now that's a shirt I'd love to see.***

May 2, 2013, 10:04 PM

The Irony

May 3, 2013, 12:07 AM

Clemson fans saying they copied Auburn...personally I hate the fear the thumb

May 3, 2013, 1:54 AM

No doubt...I for one am guilty of not appreciating our dominance over the last 26 years that I have lived in SC. I had taken for granted all of the #### kickings that we have handed out, but GD it I will not take it for granted anymore after the assenine behavior that I have witnessed the last four years! They'd better hope that we don't win it this year because when we do I and Tigernation will make living in SC a LIVING HELL for the COOTERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

Our longest streak is 7 wins back in the mists.

May 3, 2013, 7:07 AM

I think I remember seeing a picture of a t-shirt that said fear the second middle finger.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

I think that was the picture I posted.

May 3, 2013, 9:09 AM

Unfortunately, I said the second ring finger. I guess I should have counted starting at the thumb. LOL

LOL---losing your touch swann********

May 3, 2013, 10:30 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Guilty- I blame it on not having more time. ARGH!!***

May 3, 2013, 12:02 PM

We should make a shirt saying...

May 3, 2013, 7:27 AM

"We have a finger for you to fear"

"But you may not like it"

But Clemson is more classy than that

Perhaps we should list all of the five win streaks we've had

May 3, 2013, 9:27 AM

on a shirt that says "We're All Thumbs"

Cant expect much from that group that...

May 3, 2013, 9:32 AM

Had two guys show up at the Ga. Dome for the chick fil a in those ridiculous shirts "USC for LSU" or..

Not to be a downer lol.. And I'm all on board with

May 3, 2013, 9:37 AM

your sentiment.

But those shirts were all over the place a few years ago. Just sayin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Clemson had some printed? Can anyone produce a picture?

May 3, 2013, 12:05 PM

I don't recall seeing them, but I could easily be wrong.

I just remember seeing them in I guess it would have been 06***

May 3, 2013, 12:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I don't have 66 fingers!***

May 3, 2013, 12:08 PM

I'm going to go ahead a go "all in" and order some shirts

May 3, 2013, 12:34 PM

that read:

Clemson Tiger Football 2023!

Fear the removal of footwear!

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic