Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The entire nation was watching last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

The entire nation was watching last night

Sep 18, 2015, 9:13 AM

as we barely escaped with a win and I have to ask....what positives did they see to make them believe we are a contender? Our heisman trophy candidate looked lethargic and rattled, we gave up a 100 yard KO return and other than our defense we looked average at best. So, when we complain (myself included) about eSECpn not mentioning us among the elite, just remember we have to prove we deserve to be considered worthy of elite status. The team most of the nation saw last night looked sadly mediocre and we may not get another chance to show we are better than that, if we actually are... I know, I'm an idiot, a coot and many other names you guys want to call me, I don't care. I am not posting anything that hasn't crossed any objective observer's mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The entire nation was watching last night

Sep 18, 2015, 9:15 AM

The entire nation saw Clemson survive and get a conference win on the road on a Thursday night.

You lost me at "our defense looked average at best"

Sep 18, 2015, 9:15 AM

I'm sure the rest of your post has the same amount of fail, but I'll never know

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He actually said, "other than our defense we looked average"

Sep 18, 2015, 9:20 AM

so his post is fairly accurate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My reading comprehension had the broke on that one***

Sep 18, 2015, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's all good. If you're like me you're probably still

Sep 18, 2015, 9:23 AM

a little hungover from drinking way more than planned on a Thursday night due to the game. Haha!

I hear ya, and I almost broke my TV when the refs

Sep 18, 2015, 9:25 AM

didn't call the facemask penalty. But my apologies to the OP!

Me too! No way you can miss that one

Sep 18, 2015, 9:30 AM

Especially in a game clinching drive where it would have basically ended the game. Louisville wouldn't have had that last chance at the end.

I'm just taking a guess here....maybe since we got a W

Sep 18, 2015, 9:17 AM

and if you think our D is average at best, then you must think the 86 Bears are slightly above mediocre. Our front 7 force teams to be 1 dimensional. You aint running on this D. LBs are slow to the outside but thats the only flaw on this D.

Re: I'm just taking a guess here....maybe since we got a W

Sep 18, 2015, 9:22 AM

He said other than our defense we are average.

Re: The entire nation watched us hold them to 272 yards...19

Sep 18, 2015, 9:18 AM

yards rushing. We played against HORRIBLE ACC refs as well.

I have to ask: were you watching the same game we were?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

"Our heisman trophy candidate looked lethargic and rattled, we gave up a 100 yard KO return and other than our defense we looked average at best."

Yet we won, despite all of that and some atrocious missed calls.

It wasn't too long ago that some Clemson teams would have folded at the first gut punch. This team didn't.

3-0 is the only thing that matters right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Sep 18, 2015, 10:15 AM

3-0 is better than 2-1 for sure

We didn't fold up shop. That's the most important take away this early in the season on the road. I think the nation also got to see that our D is for real. I'm still amazed at how much youth we have on the field this season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, what?! Our Defense gave up 272 total

yards, 10 points, 19 net yards rushing, 19!!!!, and had 5 sacks.

Was it a pretty win? #### no. But for a team facing its first real competition with a young O-Line making its first road start in front of a hyped up crowd and playing a team that absolutely had to win to salvage their season, a 3-point win is great.

It's still early in the year and we've got lots of time to fix all the issues from last night.

If you're afraid of being called a Coot don't post Cootish things.

Thank you Chicken Little...***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won't get another chance? ND, GT, FSU, NCSU games...huh?***

Sep 18, 2015, 9:21 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Sep 18, 2015, 9:23 AM

The entire nation saw that "Clemsoning" or whatever you want to call it, no longer exists. We played a decent team, on a Thursday night, in a tough atmosphere. It wasn't perfect, and sometimes you need luck, but let's face it, we're 3-0 & this team is only getting better. GO TIGERS!

we have issues to work out no question, but.........

Sep 18, 2015, 9:24 AM

it's way too early to hit the panic button.

keep in mind............we WON, it wasn't pretty

good teams need luck..........good teams have bad games.........and good teams win when they have bad games.

go back and look at auburn's 2010 season.......not saying we're auburn of 2010 by any means, but it's early it was our first "test" on a thursday night on the road.

we'll know who this team is after the next 2 games.

Really, the entire nation? So nobody

Sep 18, 2015, 9:26 AM

watched the Chiefs vs Broncos? Why in the blue hell do we have 1000 tv channels if the entire nation only watches one at a time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Realistically, the majority of the nation was watching NFL

Sep 18, 2015, 9:28 AM

and reruns of "The Big Bang Theory" and "The Jersey Shore"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Who gives a turd? Ask this question dec 13

When hopefully it will matter.

Clemson's football team isn't running for president or prom queen. They are trying to win football games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Since you let

us choose the third one....I'll call you
an idiot
a coot
and a pair of nasty stained panties found by the dumpster outside of William Brice

I remember an Auburn team a few years back with a QB named Cam Newton that looked exactly like us last night squeaking out wins and barely surviving a few but I also remember that same team winning a National Championship! So hey I will take it a win is a win!

Sep 18, 2015, 9:31 AM

We get a much bigger opportunity on Oct 3 and 10. This game will be forgotten once we play ND on national TV. So yes last night was a struggle and no we are not ready for the playoff. However our moment is coming in 16 days.

The ENTIRE Nation saw Clemson win !!!!

Sep 18, 2015, 9:32 AM

Most know that the home team usually wins Thursday night game. B!tches gonna B!tch !

Sep 18, 2015, 9:33 AM

What they saw was a team win on the road, in a short week, in a stadium they'd never played in before, against a dangerous team that was desperate for its first win, with fans that were absolutely foaming at the mouth at the chance to knock off a top-10 opponent. They also saw us overcome some big mistakes and some of the worst officiating I've ever seen to win the game.

Someone reading box scores this morning might wonder if Clemson's worth all the praise we're getting this year. Anyone who watched the game knows we do.

Did you watch the Aub Lou game? Did you walk

Sep 18, 2015, 9:33 AM

away believing Aub to be #6?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Tell 'em coot

Sep 18, 2015, 9:36 AM

Re: Tell 'em coot

Sep 18, 2015, 9:37 AM

Yeah, you need to crawl back under your rock. What game did you watch ? The defense was great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 9:44 AM

In a couple weeks nobody will remember this, especially when we beat ND. Who cares what we looked like against an average team on the road on a Thursday night. VT beat OSU last year and OSU went on to be the national champs. If that is the best we can play, then by the end of the year we will probably have a couple losses and playoff talks won't matter anyway. If we are better than that and had a bad game it'll work itself out throughout the season regardless. To be honest the game shouldn't have been that close if the refs weren't incompetent. Those calls on Shaq were terrible and that missed face mask on Deshaun were huge missed calls that kept us from running away with the game. Don't sweat it.

So i guess everyone should just give up on......

Sep 18, 2015, 10:02 AM

the season since we ONLY barely beat the cards.....at night...on the road....on thurs. That's it throw in the towel since we're only 3-0. Christ almighty man. This is college football....anything can happen on any given night. These are amateurs not pros. They're not going to be perfect every game or ever for that matter.

Sure the team has weaknesses but lets not give up on the season because the tigers aren't flawless. They may not have looked the part of a playoff contender or a top 10 team last night but college football is a dynamic thing....ever changing. Tough games in the friendly confines of your own stadium have a way improving play as does 2 weeks off. Step back from the ledge. Have an adult bev, sit back and enjoy the ride. These cardiac cats aren't done yet.

I'll give an honest answer

Sep 18, 2015, 10:09 AM

Positives
1. We found a way to win. Good programs do that.
2. Our defense is better than we thought it would be.

3. Our PK actually did better than theirs. And he's the backup.

4. Team never gave up.

5. Gallman showed out!

Negatives

1. O line needs lots of work.
2. Special teams needs lots of work.

So I'm guessing the positives outweigh the negatives.

Ohio St lost at home to VT last year

Sep 18, 2015, 10:16 AM

and then needed OT to beat Penn St. They ended up doing fairly well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 10:23 AM

You do realize that even the esecpn announcers of the game acknowledged that other teams better watch out because we are legit playoff contenders right?

The defense played lights out and will keep us in any and every game we play this year.

Our offense will continue to improve week to week(keep in mind that this was a short week). OL is a concern but all things considered they played pretty well last night.

We ran extremely well against a very tough front 7. Something we haven't had much success with in recent history.

DW made a few bad throws, however, at the end of the day he made plays to get the win. He went 21-29 for 199 yards, 2 tds and 2 ints. At least 3 of the remaining 6 misses were drops by the receiver. He also had 54 yards on the ground.

All in all, not sure why you are so negative on my Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Agree somewhat but:

Sep 18, 2015, 10:26 AM

We will have other chances, including ND, FSU and GaTech.

The nation saw us keep fighting and manage to find a way to win despite some really bad calls going against us.

Our O-line is young and for their age and experience performed admirably - they will only get better with experience. Honestly, they are further along than I expected before the season started.

Special teams is an issue - I have faith CDS will address.

Our defense appears to be the real deal.

Re: The entire nation was watching last night***

Sep 18, 2015, 10:37 AM

I'm sorry.

Sep 18, 2015, 10:39 AM

I'm sorry a bunch of College students with limited practice time as recently mandated by the NCAA went in to a hostile environment in the 3rd game of the season on a short rest and didn't look like last year's NFL Super Bowl Champs. Sorry they didn't win 100-2. Sorry they didn't meet your impossible standard. You obviously have no comprehension what "Best is the Standard" means.

An old football coach who shall remain nameless at this time used to say: "All you can do is all you can do. And all you can do is enough." He didn't pound folks over and over with the idea that all you can do is not acceptable, and perfection is the only thing that I will accept. Coach Howard said to give him 110%, not to be 110% better than everyone else.

Clemson is 3-0. Lots of teams won't be able to say that come Saturday. And this team may not be 15-0 and national champions this year. They didn't look that great in 1981 at this point either, but you see where they ended up. How this team ends up depends on how they cope and deal with adversity. And you need to learn to deal with that. Life's too short.

On second thought, I'm not sorry. Just proud. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Sep 18, 2015, 10:48 AM

So you one of them who just goes by a final score? You must have fallen asleep and didn't realize our defense for the 3rd consecutive week only gave up 10 points.Special teams gave up their last td and I would agree our special teams is where Clemson has got to get better. Btw the nation just got a look at Gallman and they are impressed!

Sep 18, 2015, 10:51 AM

Our defense looked average at best....

wut....

null

Sep 18, 2015, 10:54 AM

I am not going to call you a coot or an idiot. I will point out that you are extremely negative!
The game i watched was not perfect but it was very hard fought and very exciting and it is a game that will be remembered a long long time.
The defense is incredible and I think objective people recognize that. Wayne Gallman looked like a Heisman candidate himself! Deshawn Watson was not perfect but he was really really good and Clemson probably would not have won with out him.
Why dont you quit being so critical and enjoy life and a GAME sometime. I changed my mind you are an idiot!!!

Our Defense is as good as it gets. Our O is average.**

Sep 18, 2015, 10:56 AM

nm

Anybody done better than 3-0 yet?***

Sep 18, 2015, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long response

Sep 18, 2015, 11:07 AM

Is your glass always half empty? I will admit that the offense did look out of sync but keep in mind that we had a big personnel change in play calling from last year. Watson was very comfortable last year with Chads playbook and he got into a rhythm. It's going to take him a little time to get in sync with the Elliot/Scott system. Also, he was getting knocked around pretty hard in the backfield for most of the night and was just doing his best to improvise under pressure

I would address your impression of the defense but the absurdity of your comments regarding that isn't really worth the additional keystrokes.

Also, with all of your negativity regarding our win, did you happen to notice Gallman playing his A$$ off? He played with heart and guts for four quarters and left everything on the field. There is nothing like watching a running back hit a hole like there is nothing there that will deny him. I hate to make a Georgia reference but go back and watch Todd Gurley run the football the last couple of years and you will see what I'm talking about.Gallmans compass was only pointing North South last night!

Sep 18, 2015, 11:18 AM

> as we barely escaped with a win and I have to
> ask....what positives did they see to make them
> believe we are a contender? Our heisman trophy
> candidate looked lethargic and rattled, we gave up a
> 100 yard KO return and other than our defense we
> looked average at best. So, when we complain (myself
> included) about eSECpn not mentioning us among the
> elite, just remember we have to prove we deserve to
> be considered worthy of elite status. The team most
> of the nation saw last night looked sadly mediocre
> and we may not get another chance to show we are
> better than that, if we actually are... I know, I'm
> an idiot, a coot and many other names you guys want
> to call me, I don't care. I am not posting anything
> that hasn't crossed any objective observer's mind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

So what?!?

Sep 18, 2015, 12:42 PM

We won. They lost. Is it so uncommon to have a "squeaker" on any given game day with any team? To my knowledge, we aren't the first team in history to have such a game. Rejoice in the "W"

The entire nation was watching Chiefs/Broncos

Sep 18, 2015, 12:47 PM

if they were watching football. At least according to the ratings!

Most of that nation was watching the NFL Broncos- Chiefs

Sep 18, 2015, 12:57 PM

Nm

Sep 18, 2015, 1:09 PM

Early games done mean anything other than W versus L. Style points matter in later games to break into the playoffs. NC team in 1981 trailed Wofford initially, Tulane at the end of 1Q (only won 13-5), and UK (in front of half the country) at the half. All that mattered is they won all their games. At the end of the year, they were the only team that did that, and there was little doubt they were better than every team in the country. Just win.

Who cares? Tigers won the #### game***

Sep 18, 2015, 1:21 PM

GO TIGERS

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic