Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so, I'm seeing a lot of talk like "you suck..."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

so, I'm seeing a lot of talk like "you suck..."

Nov 24, 2014, 5:23 PM

and "we suck too, but less than you so WE'RE BETTER NYAH NYAH!" like this is some kind of battle to see who sucks the least. Well, let me tell you a little story about a REAL battle of Least Suckage.

Who remembers 1998? We came into the game Head Coached by Brad Scott with a gaudy 1-9 record while Clemson was sporting a svelt 2-8 mark, under Tommy West. The smack talk that year was epic, usually something along the lines of "After we fire the stiffs we've currently got we'll get a better new head coach than you will!" I watched that game in Prime Time on ESPN 2 sitting in the middle of the Bay Area Clemson Alumni Club game watching party, because Carolina didn't have a club in the area, and together we watched Clemson win 28-19 in what was probably the biggest affront to the game in history, superseded only by last week's VT Wake Forest game.

THAT was a game of TRUE misery, on both sides, a bona fide "Who Sucks The Least" game. So I don't want to hear a bunch of people crying about "we suck less than you", neither team knows the MEANING of the term.

Thank you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cali, I'll give you a TU for that!

Nov 24, 2014, 5:25 PM

Sometimes we all suck. Right now I would say we're both average.

The coots suck

Nov 24, 2014, 5:25 PM

and so does your face

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The coots suck

Nov 24, 2014, 5:41 PM

I have to say that the company that night was among the nicest I have ever watched a game with since I moved to CA. There was the standard good natured ribbing to be sure, but as their guest they were excellent hosts, and a whole bunch more interesting to watch a college football game with than any standard grouping of California-resident fans who are generally watching the Oakland A's during our football games. Southern tradition, hospitality and cordiality beats rivalry all to heck.

Nov 24, 2014, 6:08 PM

HEY CALI HOW IS THE NIGHTLIFE IN SAN FRANCISCO?

I suck so it's wonderful.

Nov 24, 2014, 6:10 PM

signed
calicoot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: The coots suck ]

GASP, you just made a "you live within 100 miles of San Francisco, ergo you must have teh ghey!" joke! OMG I've never heard that one before, you are some kind of comedy genius, you're the next Leno!

Nov 24, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The coots suck ]

He's biting his pillow in anticipation of the game next week

Nope. Nope . Nope coot.

Nov 24, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to The coots suck ]

Here's the thing Cali cootie bird : we've won eight games with a M*A*S*H unit for an O line.... YOU guys GENUINELY SUCK. Nice try with your attempt in making yourself feel better about sucking.

You suck, what's the problem?***

Nov 24, 2014, 6:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so, I'm seeing a lot of talk like "you suck..."

Nov 24, 2014, 6:02 PM

YOU SUCK

You'd think he would know by now.***

Nov 24, 2014, 6:03 PM

Nov 24, 2014, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: so, I'm seeing a lot of talk like "you suck..." ]

It's correctly written : USuCk .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Didnt read...Coots suck

Nov 24, 2014, 6:59 PM

End of story

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember it well.

Nov 24, 2014, 7:06 PM

It was my first freshman year. We were excited of course, first game without the parents watching what we were drinking; and we enjoyed the fact that our high school classmates who couldn't get into Clemson were in no position to mock us or talk trash before or after the matchup.

We also enjoyed the win, but I remember thinking, "you know, we won but it seems like it's always this way, and a win over this team is tantamount to us (a fairly crappy team that year as well) beating up on Barnwell High".

The following year wasn't much better, and then we had the Bowden years...

One thing I can honestly say is that losing to the coots these past 5 years has kindled a fire deep inside of me, and when we dismantle those cluckers this Saturday, I am afraid that I may just explode in a mushroom cloud of relief and pure joy.

Finally we can sit back and enjoy the program that's been built back up over these post West and Bowden years without enduring an offseason of that twisting knife in the spine that S.car fans have had such a firm grasp on of late.

GO TIGERS! Destroy these wretched roosters and set the world back in its proper order.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Ahh, the blessing and the bane ...

Nov 24, 2014, 7:16 PM

...of being old enough to know what REALLY bad football looks like.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how did a matchup with a 1-9 and 2-8 team get put on ESPN2?***

Nov 24, 2014, 7:25 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

the "deuce" didn't always have the quality

Nov 24, 2014, 7:33 PM

Programs you see today. Lol. Also there was no ESPN U back then.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

You festering boil on a maggot's butt!

Nov 24, 2014, 7:59 PM

I recall those days. Curious, was the president of the Northern California Clemson Club in attendance, the venerable CA Tigerman? You may not be aware, but he passed away a couple of years ago. Hope you're doing well, bro.

Re: You festering boil on a maggot's butt!

Nov 24, 2014, 8:50 PM

> I recall those days. Curious, was the president of
> the Northern California Clemson Club in attendance,
> the venerable CA Tigerman? You may not be aware, but
> he passed away a couple of years ago. Hope you're
> doing well, bro.

Yes Frank was there, he organized the party and also invited me since I had no one else to watch with. CATigerman was as fine a gentleman as you'd ever want to meet, and I was saddened to hear of his passing. LOL, his truck had a horn that played the first 4 notes of Tiger Rag.

I was at that game and we proved who sucked more that night

Nov 24, 2014, 8:02 PM

and it wasn't Clemson. In fact, I believe that was the game that Tommy West was carried out on the player's shoulders.

null

Known at the time as the "Bag Bowl"

Nov 24, 2014, 8:03 PM

Winner had to wear a brown paper bag over their head, loser a plastic bag.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 9:12 PM

Would have to agree.

Great post.***

Nov 24, 2014, 9:19 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic