»
Topic: The conventional argument of "you lose x starters" does not apply to Clemson.
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 3, 2017 12:17 PM by: ancientorange
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

The conventional argument of "you lose x starters" does not apply to Clemson.

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2017 11:42 AM

If I'm reading the depth chart right, we have one senior on offense and 2-3 on D. And we'll probably lose a couple Juniors. So we're not facing a terrible amount regardless. But with the way we develop players, I'm not sure that rule applies. I think you have to look at how many snaps your line-up has taken. We almost never see a "new" face starting a season...they've almost always played significant snaps the season before.

What a program.

null

Re: The conventional argument of "you lose x starters" does not apply to Clemson.

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 11:57 AM

Dabo further addresses this issue by playing almost all of his players, so even though we may score a few less points or give up a shutout, injuries or graduations don't hurt very much. Dabo is in for the long game, not just the next game.

Bama, AU, OSU, LSU and many other teams lose...

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 11:57 AM

players to the NFL and exhaustion to NCAA limits every year. The last five or six years when the sports media has brought up the subject of team losses Clemson seems to be the only team discussed.

Sir, I stopped grieving over players leaving five years ago. I watch our backups carefully and know we're going to be OK no matter who moves on.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Bama, AU, OSU, LSU and many other teams lose...

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 12:17 PM

Yep. Wilkins is special and our biggest loss next year but Huggins has looked very good.

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
929 people have read this post