Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sometimes all it takes is a little youthful perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,124

New Story: Sometimes all it takes is a little youthful perspective

Sep 3, 2014, 1:54 PM

Sometimes all it takes is a little youthful perspective

The loss to Georgia stings, and to listen to some people you would think the season is already over. But Saturday is another chance to take part in the best game day tradition in college football, and the future is bright with a lot of young and talented players. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Yes, Maybe "The Future Is Now"

Sep 3, 2014, 2:16 PM

Everybody knows we are loaded with "youthful talent". And perhaps there is no need for them to "wait their turn" ... if the grizzled veterans keep dropping the ball, missing blocks, missing tackles, throwing the ball into the cheap seats ... then let the anxious youngsters have a shot, sooner then later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Yes, Maybe "The Future Is Now"

Sep 3, 2014, 3:34 PM

Yep, and that should wake those older guys up that are napping b/c they are juniors or seniors and feel entitled b/c they has been around and saw that's the way its been at Clemson. And the ones it don't wake up, they wasn't going to give it their all in no matter what.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Yes, Maybe "The Future Is Now"

Sep 3, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to And Yes, Maybe "The Future Is Now" ]

Agree 100%!!!

Just like in baseball if the starting pitcher is not getting anyone out then it is time to go to the bullpen and get someone else in there who can. If the starters are not doing there job then bring someone else in who can, even if that means letting some of the freshman play a lot more.

Well that leads to my question..

Sep 3, 2014, 2:25 PM

I am 100% behind Cole and think he is def capable of running this offense so this is more geared towards the position battles, and maybe a tad at the QB position depending on the outcome at FSU...But at what point does it benefit to go 10-2 or 9-3 with the older guys or 10-2 9-3 with the fresh bc in my opinion this team at worst goes 9-3 simply off of talent, and really 10-2 is a very good possibility...so I think at some point you have to decide (and I think its def dependent on FSU game) how much its worth not getting these kids meaningful snaps...they are going to make mistakes but we wont see a team close to UGA the rest of the season after FSU.

The coaches are paid large sums to make these decisions.

Sep 3, 2014, 2:31 PM

We need to trust them to make the correct decisions. This staff has a very good record overall so don't jump ship just yet......Yea, I know I am a Pumper!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coaches are paid large sums to make these decisions.

Sep 3, 2014, 2:42 PM

Oh I am def not sayin that I trust this coaching staff for sure, I was just saying I think ppl are all upset about the guys that played Sat when some of the younger guys may be a little more talented...but I think in that environment you go with guys you trust and I think over the course of the season, these kids will get more PT... I still believe this is a 10-2 90-3 team at absolute worst.

Re: The coaches are paid large sums to make these decisions.

Sep 3, 2014, 2:42 PM

**9-3**

Re: Well that leads to my question..

Sep 3, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Well that leads to my question.. ]

After florida state, those games against north carolina, nc state, louisville at home and bc at bc, ga. tech in atlanta are not going to be easy. NC state always plays us tough & BC should have beaten us at home last year. There is no way I am feeling confident about any of those games the way we just played saturday night regardless how much talent we are suppose to have.

10-2 or 9-3 would be awesome but, if the kinks don't get worked out it could be more like 8-4 or 7-5.....

Sep 3, 2014, 4:14 PM

I disagree simply bc I think UGA will prove to be a lot better than ppl thought and we went on the road with a very young team and new qb and played toe to toe with them for 3.5 quarters...without a missed FG and break down on kick return and a couple of big drops by WRs and that's prob a totally diff game...UGA will make the playoffs if they stay healthy. After UGA there is absolutely no one that we will face that will be close to UGA...I mean and the UofL game is at home...we wont lose at home this year.

Sep 3, 2014, 4:38 PM

Don't get me wrong I hope you are right, I would love to beat florida state & the gamecocks and everyone else and go 11-1. No one right now compares to Georgia after Florida state but, louisville looked pretty good on monday night beating miami and the tar heels also won against liberty but, they will only get better before playing us. I think the gamecocks will be much improved as well. I just don't think you can assume we are going to go 10-2 or 9-3 just from a talent stand point. The players have to perform, which they did not do so well saturday in the second half. Our schedule is no cake walk after florida state even if we have more talent then anyone else we are playing.

Sep 3, 2014, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Well that leads to my question.. ]

I agree with what you saying, and I also say that Cole "deserves" his chance to lead our team b/c he has more than earned it. He played behind Tajh without ever uttering a complaint at anytime. He has always done what was ask of him as a back up without pouting, crying, or threatening to transfer some where that he could have played. And Cole is talented enough that he could have played his whole college career. Cole sure as h&ll didn't lose the Georgia game. And he didn't even help lose that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 4:36 PM

I am going with my family to Death Valley this Saturday , from Goose Creek . Anyone who gives to Clemson , and cares about our fine university should attend the first HOME GAME of every season , I wouldn't care if we were playing Jack Spratt State , it is our team in OUR stadium for the first ever-loving game of 2014 !!!
Go TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Go TIGERS!***

Sep 3, 2014, 2:28 PM

Re: Go TIGERS!***

Sep 3, 2014, 4:38 PM

BCS1 , BC shoulda beaten us at our house last year ? Tell me how you arrive at that one ? We thoroughly whipped that team. Held tje nations rushing leader to under 70 yds. I am not sure what game you were watching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: New Story: Sometimes all it takes is a little youthful perspective

Sep 3, 2014, 2:41 PM

I am ALL IN!!!

These youngsters "Get it"!

We may have lost this past Saturday...to a VERY GOOD Jawja team, but there is still fire on this team.

Something tells me they are going to make sure things get righted...and quickly!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just noticed the patch on Watson's jersey.

Sep 3, 2014, 2:56 PM

May be there will be two #4s retired.

Re: I just noticed the patch on Watson's jersey.

Sep 4, 2014, 2:29 AM

Deshaun watson name ''may'' go into the ring of honor...

Free Madela! Free the Freshman! Set them loose!

Sep 3, 2014, 3:44 PM

Free Fullers jersey!;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Gallman***

Sep 3, 2014, 3:48 PM

From his body emotion, he looks rather looks sad. At times he sounds sad. Sounds like he's ready to be the guy

Im tired of this already, best man plays PERIOD

Sep 3, 2014, 7:04 PM

Last year as great of a season that he had there were times when I wanted Tahj to sit, not permanently but to give stoudt a chance and give Tahj a reality check . By 3rd qtr. Stoudt had happy feet, ran in super slomo, and made bad reads/throws(including under thrown pass to gallman for a gauranteed 1stdwn). A few rollouts by watson and UGA wouldve been forced to reconsider blitzing 6 everytime. At rb, Howard will never have any vision or hands, he shouldve been benched for davidson, gallman, choice/fuller, in that order. WE WILL NEVER BE NC CALIBER WITH THE BEST PLAYERS ON THE BENCH. Forget seniority. Players play rs2 or 3 years now and move on. This isn't Notre Dame and we don't care about any rudys.

Re: New Story: Sometimes all it takes is a little youthful perspective

Sep 3, 2014, 7:06 PM

You can edit out Priester now.

No mention of Trevion Thompson in any of these stories

Sep 3, 2014, 11:05 PM

on the front page. Is he redshirting? Heard several
times that he had a great camp and looked ready to
contribute. Now not hearing his name when talking about
the true and redshirt freshmen and the young guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,124
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic