Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The biggest problem that prevented a fast start on offense.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The biggest problem that prevented a fast start on offense.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:15 AM

Was trying to throw it on 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2. Should have ran the ball there and we probably would have at least gotten into feild goal range and possibly a touchdown. Just my opinion but it’s like the offensive coordinators didn’t realize Duke isn’t that great at stopping the run. Against the coots next week I really hope we come out running the football. I highly doubt they can stop it based on there performance against Florida

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The biggest problem that prevented a fast start on offense.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:18 AM

Agreed. Those were baffling playcalls. I could maybe understand them against an Alabama who is strong up front but against Duke you’ve got to set the tone and give it to #9.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:20 AM

It's not t-net's fault that the OC's were not aware of how bad Duke is at stopping the run. We discussed it at length last week. The OC's need to start reading t-net more if they want to keep up. Maybe Dabo decided that he did not need our insight for Duke, so he gave us the week off.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:22 AM

you're #2 in the CFP. You need a couple yards. You should be able to man up and get it. Period. The fact you dont even attempt it is a bad sign

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 8:25 AM

It sounded like it was an RPO and Trevor made the check. So maybe in that situation you take that option off the table.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:38 AM

RPO is starting to sound like a clever excuse. OCoords need to start incorporating more run plays. Only 9 to ETN ain't gonna cut it.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:45 AM

The problem in the first half was that the OL's heads were not in the game. We couldn't run the ball in the first half effectively. The OC's knew we would probably get stuffed on the 3rd and 2 plays the way we were playing. Now the second half was a different story. I think the coaches woke them up during half time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 10:05 AM

Lets hope they log back on for the playoffs!!

Nov 18, 2018, 8:55 AM

Guys, they weren’t play calls. They were r p o and TL chose to pass. If you listen to TLs post game he said he chose to pass and should have just run for it. It was not a called pass by the OCs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's where we miss that old qb whatshisname

Nov 18, 2018, 8:58 AM

whatshisname would have run it for sure on the rpo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on what D was giving him, it was probably the correct

Nov 18, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The biggest problem that prevented a fast start on offense. ]

read. So if you are playing Bama, it’s the correct call. But it wasn’t Bama out there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st two series on third down we should have run the ball

Nov 18, 2018, 9:03 AM

We were on our own 40 yard line both times. Not that I would have done it, but we could have run for it on 3rd and 4th down if needed. This is where we have relied on QB runs in past. We need to get better running ball on third and 2-3

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The calls were great. The throws were off.***

Nov 18, 2018, 9:11 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The calls were great. The throws were off.***

Nov 18, 2018, 9:53 AM

A few throws was off. But some was drops that’s not TL fault. I saw some perfectly thrown balls dropped

When you miss Renfrow three different times, you're off.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:20 AM

But, I agree that the receivers did TL no favors last night either.

It was just a strange game in a lot of ways, but the end result was eactly as most predicted.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The calls were great. The throws were off.***

Nov 18, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to The calls were great. The throws were off.*** ]

Nope. The screen pass on 3rd and 1 the defender was all over it. The pass to the flats the next drive on 3rd and 2 was covered as well.

Terrible calls when you’ve got the best RB in the country in the backfield.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:11 AM

Yeah , great analysis . Plus that astute commentary on how our O-Co's didn't know anything about Duke's football frailties. I tell ya ... there should be a study done about the effects of being consistently incorrect and how the brain organically suffers from that basic lack of awareness which can lead to such a condition .

DB23

Nov 18, 2018, 10:13 AM

Why do you guys feed the coot trolls?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic