Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The best thing that could've happened
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,389

The best thing that could've happened

Nov 28, 2018, 7:35 PM

happened this weekend for Clemson (in a sense). In past years we have had a bad game that cost us a loss. Luckily our bad game still turned out a 21 point win. Obviously allowing these yards to U5C wasn't perfect scenario but it did give plenty of things to point out that we can work on as a unit before we get to the playoffs without causing us a loss as it was to a weak team that couldn't have beaten us. In past years other teams that tried replicating what caused us to lose failed the second time around because BV is such a mastermind on defense. I don't expect any game to replicate what happened because we have BV. I'm glad this happened now and we won instead of later on in the playoffs against a much better team than U5C.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe, what worries me is that BV made no adjustment

Nov 28, 2018, 7:41 PM

At halftime. Stuck with the 3 man rush, zone, that got torched over and over. That means to me that he didn’t have confidence in the personnel to blitz or man cover.

What I’m hoping is that our guys on d never got serious because the O was gashing u5c so bad that it never really was in question. We’ve seen them play down to opponents all season, maybe that’s all it was.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe, what worries me is that BV made no adjustment

Nov 28, 2018, 7:43 PM

two very good points -- hope you are both right and we win out !!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2018, 7:47 PM

Noticed on several occasions that the defense wasn't lined up and ready when the offense snapped the ball. That cost us on some big plays. Got caught out of position from the start. Hope they don't do that this weekend as Pitt will probably do the hunh like usuc did and get them looking at the sideline.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 8:39 PM

These are all true. However I do think that adjustments were made but BV trusts his guys, you can't do a ton in 20 mins during half time only point out flaws really. Also our offense was marching down and scoring a lot and very quickly putting our defense right back on the field. Notice that in the 2nd half we started running a lot more I think that has a lot to do with our defense needing to get rested more.

Nov 28, 2018, 7:46 PM [ in reply to maybe, what worries me is that BV made no adjustment ]

He will pull back one LB into coverage and lighten up the blitz. 5 men can handle that. We are fine

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

take into account

Nov 28, 2018, 8:02 PM [ in reply to maybe, what worries me is that BV made no adjustment ]

that there were some serious referee issues. They ignored holds all night. Another example being the offensive pass interference that was just plain non-existent. I watched the replay and that pure fiction!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: The best thing that could've happened

Nov 28, 2018, 8:18 PM

We did not get Bentley's uniform covered with grass stains early enough. 2 years ago we brought "the lumber." This year we brought the toothpick. Jmho.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,389
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic