Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Can Clemson pull off the upset at No. 2 Virginia?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Can Clemson pull off the upset at No. 2 Virginia?

Jan 13, 2015, 1:07 PM

Can Clemson pull off the upset at No. 2 Virginia?

On the heels of the Tigers first ACC win and road win against the Pitt Panthers, the season doesn’t get any easier as Clemson (9-6 overall, 1-2 ACC) travels to Charlottesville for a Tuesday night tilt with Virginia (15-0, 3-0 ACC). Can the Tigers match up with the defensive-minded Cavs?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think so :(

Jan 13, 2015, 1:17 PM

But I'll be stoked if we can keep it in striking distance. I don't think they're built to blow us out like UVA, but I expect they're going to wear our offense out.

Re: Don't think so :(

Jan 13, 2015, 1:26 PM

UVA has blow out better teams than us. If they bring the A game it wont matter what we bring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only thing that saves us is our defense

Jan 13, 2015, 1:42 PM

It's not exactly shabby, either. Especially for less offensively gifted teams (like UVA).

UNC was built to blow us out. They're great on offense, sucky on defense. They just ran us into the ground with their shooters and big men.

Their defense is amazing...

Jan 13, 2015, 1:38 PM

Don't know if they'll score enough to blow us out, but I could see us having about 15 points at halftime.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. We only lost by 5 last year with no Nnoko and Djitte

Jan 13, 2015, 1:53 PM

getting only 9 minutes and KJ doing everything. As a result, they got 13 offensive rebounds and outrebounded us by 13 overall. Only 4 rebounds total for our bigs. We will have Nnoko back and Djitte and Smith are playing much better this year. Plus, we are much more balanced offensively, which will make us harder to defend.

The key will be does their length bother Rod Hall and his ability to penetrate into the paint and score. When he is attacking the basket and getting fouled and hitting short pull up jumpers in the lane, we are a much better team.

We've been playing with much more intensity lately. I expect us to play well tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes. We only lost by 5 last year with no Nnoko and Djitte

Jan 13, 2015, 2:21 PM

"We are much more balanced offensively" - I agree with this part

"Which makes us harder to defend" - I don't agree with this part.

Being more balanced only works when you have multiple players that are threats. Like, for example, Virginia. 6 different players have led them in scoring over the last 6 games. It doesn't make you harder to defend when you become more balanced by taking away the only real offensive threat. Virginia beat us last year by letting KJ get his and making everyone else beat us and we couldn't do it...what possibly makes you think we can do it when there's just everyone else?

The answer to your question is found in the post.

Jan 13, 2015, 2:42 PM

Obviously, the outcome that is most likely is not the one I described, but that is how we can win, which was the original question.

I disagree with your conclusion that we have no scoring threats on the roster. None is as big a threat as KJ was, but they are each better than than they were last year.

I think we can win. You don't. We disagree. No worries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer to your question is found in the post.

Jan 13, 2015, 2:43 PM

Fair enough. Go Tigers regardless of what outcome I foresee!

Only if we score a minimum of 1 more point than they do.***

Jan 13, 2015, 4:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and we will win next time in Chapel Hill***

Jan 13, 2015, 8:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have a better question

Jan 13, 2015, 10:04 PM

Can we score a basket?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

No.***

Jan 13, 2015, 10:15 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic