Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The VA is now run by DJT’s golf buddies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 579

The VA is now run by DJT’s golf buddies

Nov 27, 2018, 10:21 PM

“The Mar-a-Lago trio — Marvel Entertainment Chairman Ike Perlmutter, West Palm Beach physician Bruce Moskowitz and lawyer Marc Sherman — have weighed in on many VA policy and personnel decisions despite having no official role or relevant expertise.”

Just helping drain the swamp?

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-administration-defends-legality-of-va-shadow-rulers?fbclid=IwAR34cISbC_wvNBkpRde4pVNtczzBYSd8nd6OO9o62bGpbLVZ635XoILZOvo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vets and their families are happier now than before Trump..

Nov 28, 2018, 6:55 AM

changed the VA. Maybe these guys are steering the VA in the right direction. I bet that bothers you that Trump is consulting with the right people and satisfying the only people who matter in the VA issues, veterans and their families.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vets and their families are happier now than before Trump..

Nov 28, 2018, 7:30 AM

My buddy that goes to VA was complaining to me about the VA just last week. I don't know if it is better or worse than it was, but I am going to ask him when I see him tomorrow whether there is noticeable difference now that Trump is in office. I may just text and ask. One thing that is for sure, vets seem to support Trump more than Obama. I would be interested to know why. That doesn't mean the VA is better though. I am going to ask my buddy if he has noticed an upgrade at the VA compared to 2 years ago. I hope it is better obviously. They deserve better for all they do or did.

Nov 28, 2018, 7:41 AM

Obama's change in rules of engagement was a huge reason that the Vets lost all confidence in him as Commander in Chief. Also, Obama and especially Holders lack of support for the Law Enforcement was large as well as these communities go hand in hand. Limiting gun rights and the overall degradation of the military has been an issue that the Democrats latch themselves onto and are respoonsible for and that is why the military attach to Republicans and Donald Trump.

Nationalism (trigger word, dont start crying) and Patriotism run deep with Military as well as Republicans, so its natural.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've noticed an increase in quality action towards veterans

Nov 28, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Vets and their families are happier now than before Trump.. ]

personally.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Nov 28, 2018, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Vets and their families are happier now than before Trump.. ]

I think the most high profile was the change in the administration which seems to be more oriented on serving the veterans than themselves. SS got a 2.8% raise so it wouldn't surprise me to know that the military retirees got a nice raise too.

I think Trump passing out new equipment, weapons and support to troops is what makes them support him. Perhaps Trump wasn't lying when he said Obama let our military dilapidate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it does bother me

Nov 28, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Vets and their families are happier now than before Trump.. ]

that cronyism has become the norm. We should absolutely be demanding to know, under FACA, what their qualifications are for them to have a role in a department with a $200 Billion budget.

And it really, really, really bothers me that every ounce of common sense is often suffocated by feel-good propaganda designed to transform decent, honorable, hard-working Americans into mere sheep.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Vets and their families are happier now than before Trump.. ]

I can tell you that is 100% BS, two family members in the VA system, and neither has had a problem with it now, or before.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The VA is now run by DJT’s golf buddies

Nov 28, 2018, 8:20 AM

For anybody wondering, the know-nothings posting above about how Trump is so widely popular with the military is untrue. His popularity among currently enlisted personnel is about the same as the public at large. Trump's disapproval rating, however, is better among that group than the general public.

Furthermore, his popularity is on the decline, not getting better.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/10/15/support-for-trump-is-fading-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/

Nov 28, 2018, 8:54 AM

It would be hard to get better than it was among the troops after he was elected. Decline was the only direction it could go.

Nov 28, 2018, 8:56 AM

The only way to go from 46% was down?

Then how is Mattis at around 60%?

Nov 28, 2018, 9:03 AM

You think Mattis is POTUS? What does Mattis have to do with it? Mattis is a military man. You're rambling.

Nov 28, 2018, 9:06 AM

You made the claim that Trump couldn't go up from 46% approval. If it's impossible for Trump to get over 46, how is Mattis doing it?

Are you on drugs?

Nov 28, 2018, 9:16 AM

You're adorable. You're very naïve, but adorable. You try so hard. First of all it is 47%. Work on that reading comprehension. Mattis is a military guy and not the POTUS. You're comparing apples and oranges situations. I don't know old you are, but presidential approval ratings tend to go down from the day they are elected.

Nov 28, 2018, 9:33 AM

Your post is bizarre. And the article directly says Trump's approval rating among enlisted persons at the time of his election was 46%. It seems you're the one struggling with reading.

Anyway, Presidential approval does tend to go down immediately after election, but that trend rarely lasts forever.

Some Presidents held fairly steady or even went up in the early years.

But based simply on math, if your approval rating is 46%, you do have more room to go up than down. I welcome you to invite any mathematician to rebut that.

Your assertion that there's nowhere to go but down was silly. Just own it and move on. You're digging yourself in so deep for nothing.

Nov 28, 2018, 9:42 AM

From time of sworn into office to time a POTUS leaves office, a presidents approval rating will almost always be lower. Yes, Trump is still in office, but it will always go down by the end. It usually stays down from the day the POTUS is sworn in, unless there is a 9/11 or something that unifies people. Also, a charlatan like Trump's approval rating was a given to go down. Good effort though, bud.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:17 AM

In your language you even seem to be acknowledging that approval doesn't ALWAYS go down. Clinton and Obama ended more popular in 538's poll averages than they began.

But you said the only way Trump could go was down. That's what you said. You've yet to actually back that statement up. Back up with numbers how you can only go down from 46.

Sorry you're not used to being expected to back up what you say, but if you don't want that, you definitely need to block me.

Nov 28, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: The VA is now run by DJT’s golf buddies ]

I forgot to add, but out of all the years I have never put anyone on ignore. You are about to my first in a sec. You add nothing to the board. Your naivete and consistent ignorance just clutters the board. I wish you the best though.

Replies: 17
| visibility 579
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic