Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Tigers will finally be tested.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The Tigers will finally be tested.

Nov 12, 2012, 10:22 PM

Forget the FSU game, that was a lifetime ago. This is our time to shine. I think we'll learn very early in the NC State game that we're ready for the spotlight and the Tigers are not a team you wanna #### with. Lets put these chumps away and blow up another scoreboard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Tigers will finally be tested.

Nov 12, 2012, 10:36 PM

Agreed! We need to take care of business, early and often!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCSU is going to come into DV physical and wanting

Nov 13, 2012, 5:18 AM

to do two main things:

1)End our winning streak at home

2)Beat us again while we are a Top Ranked team.

We better be ready because they are hungry.

Re: NCSU is going to come into DV physical and wanting

Nov 13, 2012, 6:55 AM

You are right, but I do believe we are very much better than them. I just want a methodical, workmanlike win where we play fundamentally sound, tough football and take care of business from the get go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2012, 7:01 AM

Boyd's had a nice clean pocket to throw from game after game. That's gotta continue for us to get get through this gauntlet.

Nov 13, 2012, 4:48 PM

I agree, but I do believe our OL has improved since the year began, and I think we have a diverse enough offense from a weapons standpoint to be effective against most teams. Another thing is that Tahj has become a running threat, as well as a good passer, and that adds a new dimension to the offense. We just need to play our best every week, and things will work out like they should.

Captain Obvious (me) will state two things....

Nov 13, 2012, 6:09 AM

Glennon will torch our dbs early and often if we don't get pressure on him-will be Raleigh all over again-hope we're up for it. At least the guy's not known as a scrambler. We won't put 40 points on these guys, but we'll put enough if we eliminate the recent turnovers. This is going to be a dogfight-hope we're the pitbull.

Don't save the noise for USuC-we have to bring it too-Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respectfully disagree: We WILL put 40-plus on them...

Nov 13, 2012, 7:19 AM

...State runs press man D on the receivers and counts on pocket pressure to hurry throws. They run a risk-reward defense, and against Clemson, that just isn't smart.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. As long as that pocket holds***

Nov 13, 2012, 7:20 AM

nm

Just like last year, they will blitz and blitz hard...

Nov 13, 2012, 7:29 AM

Obviously if our OL doesn't hold up any better than last year we could be in trouble. The OL holds the key to the game.

Well, I think that is always the case.

Nov 13, 2012, 7:36 AM

The OL is always the critical factor in every game, whether it is pass blocking or run blocking. Our O line has not been the problem this year. Our defensive backs have been the consistent weak link. I think we score a lot, and the key will be whether or not our coverage can keep them from scoring.

Yeah, obviously you need an OL...

Nov 13, 2012, 7:42 AM

But the fact is NC State physically destroyed us last year, primarily because our line was porous and unable to move anyone. If we don't do considerably better there, it will much the same, and we won't score a lot. I think the OL is a bigger factor than our defense, although you're right.. we can't give up too many big plays.

Agree

Nov 13, 2012, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Respectfully disagree: We WILL put 40-plus on them... ]

If I'm Sammy, Nuke, or Martavius I'm licking my chops right about now.

Who are TENN, MIA, UNC, UVA?

Nov 13, 2012, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Captain Obvious (me) will state two things.... ]

....Teams that have put 33+ on the wusspack this year. We will hang 40+ on them. In case you haven't noticed our D is playing better every game (esp the D line who are becoming quite disruptive.)
Also Sammy won't be on the sidelines watching like last year ( at least until the 3rd QTR )

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2012, 7:09 AM

See that's the problem; NC State is 6-4 and you guys think this is a team that will finally test you? They aren't very good either.

Nov 13, 2012, 7:12 AM

Not of our choosing. We're all aware of the problem. NC State runs hot and cold like too many other ACC teams do. You never know what you're gonna get. I hate the ACC.

Unlike the mighty SEC

Nov 13, 2012, 7:32 AM

With consistent powerhouses this year like Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Kentucky!

and Auburn.***

Nov 13, 2012, 5:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Nov 13, 2012, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: The Tigers will finally be tested. ]

They have two corners that are better than Usuc's and a D-line that is big and pretty good so yeah they will test our receivers and O-line a little

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic