Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"The Thinning Of The Herd": October 14th-21st Edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

"The Thinning Of The Herd": October 14th-21st Edition

Oct 14, 2018, 7:06 AM

My weekly reminder that College Football has a way of "thinning the herd"...to help those of you that continue to wallow in wonder of what will happen if more than 4 teams go undefeated (which, by the way, will not happen and hence my post)

First: Congrats to Notre Dame, UCF, and South Florida that stole victories out of the jaws of potential defeat and elimination from this list. Some will be critical of those 3 schools today, I tip my cap to both of them. Winning is difficult, which is why the herd will ultimately get thinned. So, no need to pile on anyone who wins...no matter how.

Going into last week, we were down to 11 teams that were undefeated as we entered the 3rd week of October. In last week's post, I took a stab that 2 undefeated teams would fall on Saturday and I undershot that by 1....as 3 undefeated teams bit the dust:

UGA: All of those skill players on offense and you get 16 points in other Death Valley?
West Virginia: I never believed in Ye, but the Cyclones are giant slayers for sure.
Colorado: Looked more like Ralphie from Christmas Story than Ralphie title contender..

We are now down to 8 undefeated teams with title chances (if you grant UCF, Cincy, and South Florida a chance, which I don't regardless of them being undefeated)

Weekend of October 20th "Thinning Of The Herd":

Guaranteed Thinning Will Take Place:
NC State (5-0) at Clemson (6-0). Winner knocks another from unbeaten and seizes control of Atlantic Division.

"Upset Alert"???
Cincinnati (6-0) at Temple (4-3). Cincy is least talented undefeated team in nation.
UCF (6-0) at East Carolina (2-4). Was UCF comeback vs. Memphis a wake up call?
Ohio State (7-0) at Purdue (3-3). Something about OSU is not quite right.

Will Keep Winning....For Now
Alabama (7-0) at Tennessee (3-3). Vols beat Auburn, but Bama ain't Auburn.
UConn (1-5) at South Florida (7-0). South Florida is playing for bowl position, not playoffs.
Notre Dame (6-0) has a bye week.

This upcoming week is guaranteed to bring the # of undefeated down one (Clemson vs. NC State). I also think one of the 3 non-power conference teams goes down. And I would not be surprised if a Power 5 other than Clemson/NCSU slips up.

I'll stay conservative again this week and say we will lose 2 more from the undefeated next week.

Amazingly, after next Saturday, we will (at a minimum) be down to only 4 teams from Power 5 Conferences that are undefeated...and we will just be over the half way point of the regular season.

The college football season has a way of “thinning the herd”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "The Thinning Of The Herd": October 14th-21st Edition

Oct 14, 2018, 7:15 AM

Headline made me think this was about Colin Cowherd's male pattern baldness .

This was better than that would've been .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm calling it now!! Purdue is taking down OhSt!!***

Oct 14, 2018, 7:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Oct 14, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: "The Thinning Of The Herd": October 14th-21st Edition ]

nm

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL +1...***

Oct 14, 2018, 8:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 14, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: "The Thinning Of The Herd": October 14th-21st Edition ]

An evil look about him. Born that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 6:20 AM

Mr. _Rhymer , I believe you're right on seeing at a minimum of 2 more unbeatens going down this weekend. We know that one will be in the ACC ( It's NC State ) and my guess is that Cincy will fall at Temple ... who has played a pretty good brand of football overall in the last few years .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic