Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries

Nov 16, 2020, 9:27 PM

Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney addressed Monday South Carolina’s decision to fire Will Muschamp from their head coaching position. “It’s a very tough business as we Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries

Nov 16, 2020, 9:31 PM

After Elliott saying nice things ,according to this board it meant he wanted the UofSC job .
What does this say 'bout Dabo ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this says Dabo's still mad that Bama fired him. and he'll never forget it.

Nov 16, 2020, 9:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: this says Dabo's still mad that Bama fired him. and he'll never forget it.

Nov 17, 2020, 11:18 AM

Muschamp got more $$$ than he deserved at USC. Alabama was stupid to get rid of Dabo! I hope he stays 30+ years at Clemson!
I doubt that Muschamp will ever get another decent coaching job. He has been a Zero as a head coach.

The Coots have a problem just getting a decent coach, which is why they hired Muschamp in the first place. It is a LAST STOP for head coaches, the coaching graveyard. Spurrier was their high water mark, and they have to find another old coach that wants one more stop (like Mack Brown, Holtz, etc...). Freeze is probably their best candidate, and they deserve each other. Any young coach would be nuts to go to cooterville and put an end their coaching career. Tony Elliott is way too smart to go jump in that dumpster fire and ruin his promising career!

Nov 16, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries ]

It means Muscoot will be Dabo's DC with the Jets.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries ]

Who cares about Muscrat. It looks like our receivers will not be playing for a few weeks... and they need reps.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries ]

It is tough I mean real tough whoo getting that 13 million dollars to be fired is real tough.

Nov 17, 2020, 8:59 AM

Concur. It’s hard to get upset about a multi-millionaire coach who has been paid $21M not to go to work over his career - not when so many Americans are at home and destitute due to COVID-19 closures and bankruptcies.

Muschamp needs to take a trip to Bora Bora or New Zealand, lose 40 lbs, take a year off, swallow his pride and come back as a DC or head coach as feasible.

Dabo is a good man who can relate and will no doubt pull & pray for the asst coaches and staff to quickly land on their feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries ]

I wish I could have experienced that kind of tough just once in my life time. I'm pretty sure that I could have made that tough $13 mil last the rest of my life pretty easy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Thanksgiving plans for the team make no sense.

Nov 16, 2020, 9:32 PM

Dabo said that they aren’t doing their normal team family Thanksgiving (I assume due to COVID), but instead players can grab their food to go. He then said that the team will practice earlier than usual on Thursday, and that guys can have Thanksgiving dinner at a coach‘s house or that some of their families will be in town.

Having outside family members in town for Thanksgiving seems like a really stupid idea from an infectious disease standpoint. Perhaps I misread what Dabo said, or maybe he misspoke. It just sounds like a bad idea though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The Thanksgiving plans for the team make no sense.

Nov 16, 2020, 10:39 PM

I have to agree with you JK. Knowing that the families are meaning well, but these players don't know if they have come in contact with someone, or even other family members that has unknowingly come in close contact with someone that has been infected with covid-19 without showing any signs of the virus at that point and time.

I mean that is how so many in this country has been infected, and it's bc most don't know they have been infected before they have spread it to many others, and those many others has spread it many more times themselves without knowing they had been infected also. You just can't be to safe with an infectious disease that is so easily spread as covid-19 truly is. Mack up folks, covid-19 has no friends, and it attacks in the blind. mask and germ disinfectant hand washings is your best chance of not getting covid-19!!!

Sorry for musclamp bc he has a famly?? Con these guys make millions***

Nov 16, 2020, 9:47 PM

Re: Sorry for musclamp bc he has a famly?? Con these guys make millions***

Nov 16, 2020, 10:13 PM

Obviously they aren’t going to starve now or anything. It’s still rough being fired though. He’s likely not done coaching yet even if it’s as an assistant which means his family will have to move and and start new somewhere else. It also can’t be easy for his family to see so many people happy to see him fired, or to see the sports media talking about it over the next few days.

Yeah, it’s not stressful in the same type of way as it would be if one of us “normal” folks lost their jobs, but it’s still gotta be rough.

Re: Sorry for musclamp bc he has a famly?? Con these guys make millions***

Nov 16, 2020, 11:03 PM

Probably is kind of rough, but he want be standing in line at the food bank anytime soon, neither will his wife, and worrying how they will pay the house payment/rent, or if their power will be turned off with these cold nights with their kids in the dark. I've seen them times as a kid, and H&11 no, there isn't a bit of feeling bad for Muschamp in my heart, bc he is better off after being fired than most of the world population. But my heart do hurt and worry about the families that has lost their jobs when they were scraping to make it before losing their jobs!!!

Dude is a multi-millionaire. He and his fam can

Nov 17, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry for musclamp bc he has a famly?? Con these guys make millions*** ]

literally go and do whatever the heck they want with their lives now. Cry me a river.

Message removed by Author

Nov 17, 2020, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Sorry for musclamp bc he has a famly?? Con these guys make millions*** ]

Message removed by Author

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have said "Lucky guy is free of the dirt peckers now"***

Nov 17, 2020, 11:54 AM

Nov 16, 2020, 10:20 PM

I don't know what the Good Lord will open up for Muschamp, but usuc has to open up their their check book for the sum of $13 million Bucks, and I really don't think his wife or kids will suffer to much from a chump change buy out salary of a HC when they are fired before their contract terms are up.

Poor Muschamp, maybe someone should start a Go Fund Me to help him and his family to make ends meat so that they don't starve on a measly $13 mil buy out of his contract!!!

Nov 16, 2020, 10:26 PM

So we can only feel bad for people in difficult situations if they need money?

Nov 16, 2020, 10:53 PM

You can feel bad for anyone that you want to personally feel bad for!!! If you or anyone believes that Muschamp is getting an unfair shake for being fired after two horrible seasons, and collecting $13 mil bc he was fired before he had a chance to fulfill his contract, then feel bad for him. But Dabo has stated many times that his job security depended on job performance, and if he didn't deliver, he would be fired. And Dabo knows in his heart that Muschamp's job performance was simply terrible. And what he was saying to the media was coach speak, and that was what he was expected to say!!!

Nov 16, 2020, 11:23 PM

He deserved to be fired without a doubt, and I really don’t think he deserved the South Carolina job to begin with after his performance at Florida.

Obviously as I said before, he’s likely already set for life in terms of money.

I’m only saying that I don’t see anything wrong with Dabo saying he feels bad for Muschamp and his family. It still has to be a stressful time. It’s obviously part of the gig to put up with public scrutiny, but it still can’t be easy to have your husband or father be in a position like this and to hear all the rumors leading up to this, hear all of the fans who wanted him gone, and seeing how happy people are once he is.

It also can’t be easy at this time to wonder where his next job is going to be which is where you’ll be moving to soon. Again, it’s to be expected as part of his profession, but it still has to be hard to go through.

If the money was all that mattered then most of these coaches would retire much sooner than they do. They do it because it’s something they love. I’m sure Muschamp worked very hard to succeed as a head coach. It has to be rough to put in all of that work and end up in this situation.

So no I don’t think anyone including Dabo is worried about how Muschamp is going to pay his bills now. Dabo though by being in the profession knows how much work goes into the job, and has to understand how heartbreaking it would be to fail.

Nov 17, 2020, 3:56 AM

Not cheering but how can one feel bad for a guy & his family when the guy will be paid by Florida & the shamecocks around $21 MILLION not to coach? That's more than enough to pay for all the food, lodging, education & any other needs of 10 families. Give me a break!

But Police who are losing THEIR JOBS.....

Nov 17, 2020, 5:12 AM

................crickets

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notebook: Swinney talks Muschamp firing, WR injuries ]

And he should be worrying about his next job ??!! He doesn't even need a next job. Open a ChickFilA or something. Doesn't need anything or anyone to support him. Gimme a break is correct.

Nov 17, 2020, 12:42 PM

As I said in a post above, if these coaches were only in it for the money then we'd see them retire at a much earlier age than most do. I'm not sure why so many keep replying to this thread about him not having any trouble paying his bills. Dabo nor anyone else said anything about worrying if he'd be able to pay his bills.

Let's use another example here. Tom Brady is still playing in the NFL at the age of 43. The estimated net worth of him and his wife is over $600 million. Obviously he isn't still currently playing because he wouldn't be able to afford to pay his electric bill if he stopped. However, let's say he suffered a career ending injury in his next game. Are we not allowed to feel bad for his career ending that way simply because he has all that money? Obviously it would be much sadder if the injury occurred at the start of his career before he made all of that money, but I'm sure an injury like that would still be heartbreaking for him if it happened now.

For Muschamp, yeah his worries aren't as bad since he has more than enough money to last him the rest of his life. He could easily never work again and be fine. That doesn't mean that him and his family aren't human though, and that they're all simply laughing off this whole thing due to having money.

I doubt anyone is losing sleep worrying about him, but I don't think it's crazy to recognize that this is a stressful time for him and his family.

Nov 17, 2020, 10:08 AM

How bad, and for how long, would Dabo have to be to ever have any concern for his job security at Clemson? Is it even possible?

Nov 17, 2020, 12:53 PM

If we're speaking simply in terms of wins and losses then he's built up some equity. However, it doesn't take much for things to turn around on a coach. Let's say he went 8-4 next season. His job would be in no danger at that point, but some of the more spoiled fans would already be upset. Even those spoiled fans would not likely be asking for him to be fired at that point though.

Let's say he followed that up with another 8-4 season the next year. His job would still be in no danger IMO, but many of those spoiled fans would start calling for heads. Those spoiled fans would likely start making excuses for how certain past players and former assistant coaches were the reason we won so much in the past.

Then let's say he went 8-4 for a 3rd straight season. He probably wouldn't be fired at that point, but many more fans would join those spoiled fans by that point, and he'd probably start to feel some job pressure entering the next season.

I could be wrong about that of course, but it doesn't take much for the crowd to turn on you, and all of our recent success could be used against him in the future if we ever slip. We're likely to end up with a record in some random season in the future where we end up at 8-4 or 9-3 or something similar. That would hopefully not be in multiple seasons in a row anytime soon, but we're bound to have a season like that at some point, and I highly dread reading posts on this board when that time comes.

Nov 17, 2020, 4:08 PM

Dude shut up!

Have you ever seen an interview with Muschamp? The guy is a first class a-hole! I honestly don’t think I have ever seen the him smile!

I’m sorry, but I do not feel sorry for this guy one bit! He’s making $21 million for being a failure! Think about that!

The guy nor anyone in his family will ever have to work again because he was a failure as a head coach at to schools! Boo-hoo!

Just shut up already!

Nobody made him become a coach. Nobody forced him to try and be a head coach. He has been well compensated. When people become coaches they know what they are signing up for and they know that it can mean moving around and that it it’s very competitive

If you want to feel sorry for someone feel sorry for the graduate assistants and the position coaches that are fairly new and aren’t making millions of dollars. The guys that aren’t making big money but yet have families and have to move and start over!

Feel sorry for the Hilinski family that got conned and BS’d by Muschamp and his staff! I knew from the start that family was making a huge mistake and had no idea what they were getting into and that it was going to end badly for them! Which is sad if you no one understand their story!

Nov 17, 2020, 7:09 PM

Agree. Feel sorry for the Helinski family now stuck in the hell hole. And the interim coach will never play him unless absolutely necessary. He was conned. Maybe Muschump should buy their house and pay their way back West. The least he could do with the big bucks. Wouldn't dent his 20 mil.

Dabo knows they owe him 13 million right?***

Nov 17, 2020, 11:39 AM

C'mon man - HE HAS TO FEED HIS FAMILY ! ! ! ! (cue the

Nov 17, 2020, 12:45 PM

NBA idiot that said similar several years ago . . . )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

dabo is a pure class act***

Nov 17, 2020, 12:58 PM

Re: dabo is a pure class act***

Nov 17, 2020, 2:27 PM

Yep. Dabo is a class act and a model of how a man should and can live his life.

It's odd that so many Clemson fans have paid close attention to Dabo and yet just cannot follow his lead in things that are important.

Nov 17, 2020, 4:12 PM

Good grief! Some of your people kill me! Yes, Dabo is perfect, he can walk on water! I have heard Dabo curse. I bet he drinks a beer every now and then too! You folks kill me! The man is not a saint! He #### sure is not God! But y’all act like it sometimes.

Only person I've seen call him Messiah on here is you. You

Nov 18, 2020, 11:55 AM

seriously have a burr about him, huh ?

Pretty funny to watch you get all worked up about it.

Good stuff.

What were your previous handles on here ? Hey - who has this guy been previously, Family ???

Hilarious.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Only person I've seen call him Messiah on here is you. You

Nov 23, 2020, 8:58 PM

lol wow again, zero reading comprehension.

I have NEVER called Dabo anything. Only pointed out the weird cult like following of him by some on TNET.

Nov 17, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: dabo is a pure class act*** ]

LOL, if I had as much money as he has, I could follow him anywhere, but I wouldn't, I would blaze my own trail....

The more I think about it

Nov 18, 2020, 7:54 AM

Dabo is saying everybody wants to be successful and accepted and even millions of dollars won't make a driven person happy if they feel like a failure.

Dabo - gracious as ever. He says it’s a hard business but

Nov 18, 2020, 11:47 AM

here is the reality:
The man failed as coach of South Carolina, while being paid over $3 Million per year. Then he was fired and is going to be paid $13.2 million as a parting gift. That on top of over $6 Million for leaving Florida. $20 million to NOT coach. 99% of us will not see $20 million in our lifetime, let alone be paid that to go away. So, yeah...he has a family...aaaand, I think they’ll survive.

null

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic