Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Teasdall fake...explain to me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,975

The Teasdall fake...explain to me

Dec 6, 2015, 9:52 AM

I was traveling the first half & haven't seen it. What happened. I keep hearing Dabo was furious...what, did Teasdall just take it upon himself to run the ball? Was it his read, and he made a bad read? No punter just decides to run a fake. What happened?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teasdall, for whatever reason, chose to run

Dec 6, 2015, 9:54 AM

Whether he thought it would be blocked otherwise, or he could pick up the down, or he mis-read a playcall...not sure

Clemson

Re: The Teasdall fake...explain to me

Punter decided, contrary to your opinion. But, I'm sure you've already seen videos and read accounts, too. So, what's your motive in asking?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Google broken? ??

Dec 6, 2015, 9:55 AM

4th and 18 standing on our 15.

Supposed to be a rugby style kick to the right.

Andy took off to the left for 4 yards.

Dabo went crazy on him coming off the field.

Dabo went back for more after they scored a TD.

It was 4th and 16 I believ

There is no "read" in that situation I would imagine. Especially not that deep in your own territory.

Yea he did. And it was 4th and like 2 or something after 3 straight false starts. He got 12 yds I think still 10 yds short. When he started to run I was yelling what are you doing? Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2015, 9:56 AM

4th and 22 sorry

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2015, 9:56 AM

Only way he should ever run is if it was a bad snap or a guaranteed block.

Dec 6, 2015, 10:09 AM

or if UNC was offsides and it was a free play.

I thought the same thing. But post game comments

Dec 6, 2015, 9:57 AM

show that for some reason, all on his own, he decided to run. Whether he thought protection was breaking down or thought he could make it, has not been explained. But it was not a called fake punt. That has been clearly stated.

Re: I thought the same thing. But post game comments

Dec 6, 2015, 10:07 AM

I could probably look over it had it been like 4th and 2 and he thought he seen where he could pick it up. But 4th and 22?

I'd like to understand what he was thinking LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You kinda' summed it up.

Dec 6, 2015, 9:59 AM

Teasdall rolled left and saw that the coverage was backing away to head downfield...but it was 4th and 15!! He slowly started to creep towards the line before punting but just kept running, thinking that maybe he could catch him napping. He got about 5 yards past the line before being tackled.

Dabo was not pleased and ripped Teasdall for a few minutes..it actually got a bit uncomfortable to watch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: You kinda' summed it up.

Dec 6, 2015, 10:09 AM

I don't recall ever seeing Dabo that fired up....but we've never been in this position before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2015, 10:04 AM

He was supposed to block right but the protection collapsed on that side so he had to shift left to punt. Except he saw a lot of empty field in front of him and got greedy. I think he forgot it was 4th and a mile, not 4th and 2. It was stupid but he recovered.

Dabo didn't yell at him any more than he yells at anyone else who makes stupid mistakes that lead to a score. They know that's his gametime personality. It's tough love and I guarantee you he'll never be that boneheaded again :)

to my untrained eye, it appeared he was going to rugby kick

Dec 6, 2015, 10:36 AM

To his right side. It looks like we are out manned to the right and block it poorly. I think he panicked and pulled it down and ran. It looked more open on left than It was. Had we really been faking some of our players to his left could have thrown some blocks and given him a chance. Of course they had no idea he was running and therefore no blocks.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,975
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic