Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 176
| visibility 51

I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here...

Jul 3, 2016, 9:45 PM

but specifically what did he do to make him the "worst president in history" in your view?

Before you start throwing out the liberal this or that with me just keep in mind that I don't like Obama either.

I don't like Obama because bailed out the "too big to fails" , he's pushing the TPP trade agreement, protecting the Saudis, and kept the same economic advisors that Bush had. I view him as corrupt.

Bush got into the Iraq mess while reducing the taxes on the most wealthy. I think he is a good guy but probably got us into the biggest mess ever spending trillions on a war that did nothing but to spawn a new generation of super- terrorism.

Bill was corrupt too and got in bed with the financial institutions, deregulated them, and set the stage for a near-collapse of the world economy.

Dem or Rep, the system is broke. The income divide in this country is at the highest point in our nation's history. It's not liberals, conservatives, or transgenders, that's our enemy. It's corruption.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here...

Jul 3, 2016, 9:59 PM

I it kind of like when little kids say, "You are a big fat stinky head!", "no... YOU are a big fat stinky head."

Welp, obama took office after the worst president in history, hands down, bar none. And the only response you can get is, "Obama is a big fat stinky head".

it is very riveting stuff.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GW Bush isn't even the worst president in my lifetime, or

Jul 3, 2016, 10:28 PM

maybe you aren't old enough to remember Jimmy Carter. Carter was a nice guy, just a terrible president.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't Jimmy done in my the Middle East as well?

Jul 3, 2016, 10:34 PM

I was young then but the Iran hostage issue and high gas prices are what made his presidency a bust, right?Maybe we should have just stayed out of there to begin with.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Economics & weak foreign policy were the reasons

Jul 4, 2016, 1:34 AM

Iran took diplomats, workers & students hostage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO. Frozen monetary assets after the Shah abdicated...

Jul 5, 2016, 8:43 AM

Reagan, through GWH, arranged for the delay and then release of the money in exchange for the hostages. Don't try to rewrite history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GW Bush isn't even the worst president in my lifetime, or

Jul 4, 2016, 12:48 PM [ in reply to GW Bush isn't even the worst president in my lifetime, or ]

Obama is worse than Carter. There isn't one thing that Obama has done that has helped our country.
Division among ourselves
Failed economy plan ( started with NAFTA)
Failed foreign policies ( Iran deal, Benghazi , terrorism, fail to support a safe zone in Syria---results in millions of refugees
Horrible healthcare plan rammed down our throats
I'm sure this wasn't his goal, but I need proof, the country is more divided than the late 60's. He never stepped out to ask for peace during the race problems in Baltimore, Missouri, and other hot beds. He just let it play out and never asked for people to calm down. A good leader doesn't allow his country to attack one another. He steps up and does his best to reunite his own country. Even during all the political rallies that were violent, we needed leadership so violence doesn't spew over across the country. These problems don't seem to bother him and that's a big sign of weakness from our CIC.

+1***

Jul 3, 2016, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 5, 2016, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here... ]

what a joke!! Bush was GREAT PRESIDENT. he did make a few mistakes where he came close to the rotten demos but he was super!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a complete

Jul 3, 2016, 10:00 PM

disaster his, in the words of his Veep, a big F'ing deal his medical program is/was

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

So basically, the main thing...

Jul 3, 2016, 10:02 PM

that government needs to accomplish, to really do its job, is to take money from the undeserving "rich" and give it to the "poor", to solve the most important problem - "income inequality". Does that pretty much sum it up? If so, why not just have the government seize all the wealth and dole it out equally to each citizen. That would fix the problem!! Why don't they just do that???

This is the fallacy I would like to squash here...

Jul 3, 2016, 10:18 PM

To point out the problem isn't the same thing as to suggest what you said. This isn't Venezuela. That's something that they would do. We are capitalists in a democracy.

The questions that should be asked are: why is there is this huge income gap and why it is growing past the highest point in our nation's history? We should then address those issues.

I could go into my ideas now if you'd like but why don't you research it a little so we can have a more meaningful debate?

Re: This is the fallacy I would like to squash here...

Jul 3, 2016, 10:29 PM

Cuz homie ain't trying to work no 9-5 yo....

That's much easier than research

Jul 3, 2016, 10:38 PM

I wish more people would spend less time listening to conservative talk radio, listening to their drunk uncle at Thanksgiving, and watching CNN/Fox News than going out to other sources. The internet is a beautiful thing.

If you did your research you would know the answer to

Jul 4, 2016, 1:51 AM

your original question. But you do not want to hear it or believe it because you hate the people giving you answers.
You want to dismiss them as the crazy drunk uncle or racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, Islamphobe or whatever other label to discredit them. Which, by the way, is one reason people dislike Obama.

I could give you numerous other reasons but you will put a label on me rather than researching the facts I give you.

DEM. Research!!! Ain't gonna happen. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 4, 2016, 12:11 PM

N/M

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not a Dem sir...

Jul 5, 2016, 9:11 AM

shown repeatedly on here that Dem or Rep mostly are just different sides of the same coin. They are mostly all corrupt and spend a large portion of their time making phone calls begging rich people for money for their respective parties.

I hardly see this as our founding father's vision of what lawmakers should be doing.

Besides all that, you're saying that people who have a different viewpoint than you don't research or read? That's rich coming from a rep from one of the most sorely educated states in America. I didn't want to go there but that's what you wanted I guess.

I never called anyone any of those

Jul 5, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to If you did your research you would know the answer to ]

But go on ... or do you not think there is an income gap highest in our nation's history and/or you don't think that's a problem?

I will ask it again...why is this happening? It's not because people aren't working. People are working more jobs and more hours than ever before.

Now wait a minute...

Jul 4, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to This is the fallacy I would like to squash here... ]

From reading your initial post, particularly your summation, income inequality is the main problem. It's the thing that should be priority #1 for government going forward. Of course, it must be done without corruption; so we need some honest folks in Washington determining how much of my LEGALLY EARNED, PREVIOUSLY TAXED money (or XYZ Corp's money) I/they get to keep when the money is divied up, and how much the honest folks in Washington get to shuttle over to more deserving folks. By the way, they've been doing that up on The Hill now for a couple of generations; how's that working out for poor folks in the community, hmmmmm?

Perhaps it's you who needs to do some research. Whenever the GOVERNMENT gets in the business of determining how much you or I DESERVE to have, that's called TYRANNY. It IS the government's job to enforce laws which protect equity OF OPPORTUNITY and prevent unfair advantage. That DOESN'T mean giving someone else an unfair advantage to "even the playing field" (i.e. "affirmative action", which is a Pravda-esque term for racial discrimation). I'll go out on a limb and say that government should even get involved with promoting that which encourages people to take full advantage of the opportunities already available to make the most of their potential and rewards the resulting achievement. I'm even in favor of funding such. Hard to believe a white (therefore, automatically racist) conservative would think that way, huh PBT?

Be honest, PBT; you're "feelin' the Bern", aren't you? And before you fire back at me for asking, no... I think it's a sad day in America when the only real choice to stop the most corrupt bunch in American political history from taking back control of the White House is to vote for a buffoon like Donald Trump. It just shows how bereft of good sense and real American values we've become as a nation on ALL sides.

And if I read you right, we may have at least one point of agreement - any "trade deal" (TPP, whatever) that takes sovereignty AWAY from America is unacceptable in my book. That makes us peasants, like Europeans. We left there to stop being peasants.

FT

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

Re: Now wait a minute...

Jul 5, 2016, 9:19 AM

I think the income inequality issue (and others too) stem from the bigger issue to me which is money in politics. Once we clean that up then I think we will be able to tackle the rest.

TPP to me is like NAFTA and Ross Perot warned us it would close factories and export jobs.

Citizen's United just opened the flood gates to what was already a corrupt nightmare. Look what the Clinton's have been able to do with their "foundation".

I am not suggesting those corrupt career politicians divide up other people's money to the poor like Robin Hood. I just posed the question because something needs to be done. Can I get you to agree to that?

The poor can't pay taxes, the rich can avoid them, so the middle class foots the bill. The middle class shrinks, taxes shrink, infrastructure deteriorations. Right?

Edit: deteriorates***

Jul 5, 2016, 9:21 AM

Are you really deluded enough to think that...

Jul 8, 2016, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Now wait a minute... ]

the rich don't pay any taxes, that they just "avoid them"?

If you really believe that, you just need to shut up. Just shut up. Regardless of what you view as "inequality", imbalance, "unfairness", whatever... the VAST majority of taxes AND THE HIGHEST TAX RATES are paid by the evil "rich".

If an individual or a corporation has capital that they have LEGALLY earned and paid the lawful taxes on (which in America is EXCESSIVE at the highest brackets), then you have NO right to tell them who much they deserve to keep. That's called TYRANNY.

Get a clue. There will never be equality of condition for all. Our form of government is supposed to guarantee equality of OPPORTUNITY and equality of JUSTICE. What we saw this week shows that there is NOT equality of justice. Those who would re-distribute wealth, as you would prescribe, are evidently ABOVE the law. Oh, the irony.

Bush "spawning super-terorism" is the same failed logic

Jul 3, 2016, 10:07 PM

that made Neville Chamberlain afraid to stand up to Hitler.

You can't negotiate with the devil,

nor with violent radicals who have hijacked an otherwise noble religion.

As to Obama, you can start and end with Obamacare

as the end of freedom and an absolute affront to our Constitution.

The cost of Medical care skyrocketed in this country starting in the 1960's

with the advent of Medicare and Medicaid.

While obviously - for some, and some only -

these were well intentioned programs,

but Government intervention yields nothing except bureaucracy, inefficiency, and added cost.

Shame on Obama and every President before him that expanded a Federal Government

that was never intended to be more than a way to protect the borders.

So what about FDR?

Jul 3, 2016, 10:20 PM

Is he the same as Obama to you?

Economic stats have long been known to show that FDR's

Jul 4, 2016, 12:20 AM

programs did little to alleviate the Depression. Monetary policy is significantly more expansionary than traditional fiscal policy. To wit, the Depression really ended world wide as economies ramped up defense spending to meet the Axis threat.

So don't lionize FDR's domestic policies without facts.

As to FDR's impact on institutionalizing government programs, then I'd say "yes, FDR was ill conceived in his plans for government impact on the private lives of people." For God's sake man, we've only had income tax since 1913.

But to FDR's credit he stood up to the tyrant of his day. Obama is two-faced and has no intention of dealing with the threats the world presents: Russia, ISIS, Al Qaeda, among them. He's also done tremendous damage to the Armed Forces with his "inclusionary policies".

History shows us that Liberalism as a policy is a society destroyer", not a "liberator": including the Greeks, the Romans, the medieval kings, almost the Pope with John Calvin, the Bolsheviks and their wall in Berlin, etc. The reactionary liberal policies of the post-Vietnam "baby boomers" are just as failed, they're just too arrogant and brain-washed to admit it.

Re: Economic stats have long been known to show that FDR's

Jul 4, 2016, 12:30 AM

People who don't like Obama are too dumb, stubborn, racist, or xenophobic to recognize just how great of a President he is. Unfortunately, TigerNet is filled with mainly simple-minded Fox News-watching idiots to recognize greatness when it is staring them blank in the face. I am so, so grateful that I am not you or your soon-to-be narrow-minded dumb children, who, at 18 years of age, will have the opportunity to help determine this country's future. God help us... Anyway, Obama is the smartest, most graceful, most visionary President we have had since Lincoln, who wouldn't recognize his Republican Party in 2016 if it smacked him between the eyes.

please stop with the Jesse Jackson "race phobia"...

Jul 4, 2016, 12:51 AM

I could care less if Obama was black, white, orange, or garnet & black.

He represents a highjacked Democracy that no longer reflects the Constitution

that birthed it.

I just love you "race mongers" - you can't see beyond the end of your nose.

Tell me one thing: if racism is all about white, Southern, Christian, 1830's exclusionary policies

then why the hell are the inner cities of

New York, Newark, Philly, DC, Detroit, Chicago, LA, Gary, Cincinnati, et al ad nauseum

all across the northern part of this misguided country

uniformly "underprivileged, addicted to drug trade or government programs as economic policies,

failing in producing consistent educational opportunities for children, unsafe, etc. etc."

One thing's for sure: it ain't because of Ben Tillman or the rebel flag....

I call BS on everyone of you liberal thoughtless hacks.

Re: Economic stats have long been known to show that FDR's

Jul 4, 2016, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Economic stats have long been known to show that FDR's ]

You got it right sir!

Stood up to the tyrant of his day

Jul 4, 2016, 2:41 AM [ in reply to Economic stats have long been known to show that FDR's ]

after ignoring it for as long as he could.

Sending able bodied men to war dropped the unemployment rate and helped economy

Our economy was wrecked by capitalism gone amuck

Jul 4, 2016, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Economic stats have long been known to show that FDR's ]

as a few families profited and government was bought/corrupted when he came to office. Sound familiar? Heck there was even a plot by the banks to overthrow the government because FDR was about to clean house - which he did! It was called the Glass-Steagall Act (Clinton later got rid of it which led to the 2008 econ collapse, thanks Bill).

Sit and think about that as you enjoy your hotdog today, the banks were plotting to OVERTHROW the US government. Bye bye Bill of Rights, Constitution, etc.

After the banks were cleaned up he added the FDIC to secure deposits to bring stability back to a industries who's greed threatened the government.

He created the minimum wage, workers right to organize, set child labor laws, and finally he abolished prohibition. Yey Beer!

I can't stand people who bash FDR without bashing the real evil behind the Great Depression - THE BANKS. Some people want to blame libs, blame conservatives, blame gays, blame guns....

Read people the information is out there beyond Fox News/ CNN/ Rush Limbaugh.

you are absolutely right sir: business institution were out

Jul 4, 2016, 9:53 AM

of control.

but to suggest that business leaders were planning a coup d'etat is laughable

and to suggest that minimum wage-like policies is what saved us is ridiculous.

Case in point: Minimum wage is net -0. It creates nothing. It is a cost to one group and benefit to another -

wage redistribution.

Arguing with people like you -

people who have swallowed the liberal whale as given to them by the media in their lifetimes -

is pathetically mind-numbing.

What's mind-numbing

Jul 4, 2016, 11:14 AM

is you not understanding what I am saying. Didn't I say the minimum wage saved us?

I simply noted some good things FDR was responsible for during his term.

And there WAS a plot by right-winged financiers to overthrow the government and install a dictator. They thought that they could bring FDR in on it because he was part of the social elite. Good thing he was a man of principles.

You can study history if you want, or you could just blame libs for everything. I am guessing you'll choose the easier option because the world can't be that complicated, right? Thank God for Mississippi!

1st thing congress did after FDR died

Jul 4, 2016, 1:57 AM [ in reply to So what about FDR? ]

was pass term limits. For a reason.
Made the people dependant on the government.
Dependant people will always vote for a candidate willing to take care of them.
Easy votes! Great for a candidate, bad for the country.

Re: So what about FDR?

Jul 4, 2016, 12:41 PM [ in reply to So what about FDR? ]

Close but not quite. He was a great wartime president, no doubt. But as for economics not so much. His economic policies retarded our recovery from the Depression and his social policies started the slippery slope that has brought us to the nanny state we have become. WWII resurrected our economy by fueling the engines of capitalism. He also respected theConstitution (for the most part,internment of Japanese-American citizens a notable exception). Most importantly he loved America for what she was, recognized & lauded her greatnes & leadership in the world, and made no apologies for her being so

Mr Obama's social & economic policies MORE radical than FDR, terrible foreign policy & wartime leader, no respect for the Constitution & by his actions, no lover of America

Interesting you mention FDR's approval of the internment of

Jul 4, 2016, 10:17 PM

Japanese-Americans. So, pretty obviously, if he were president today, he would likely approve of the internment of Muslims and halting their immigration from the Middle East. But Trump is a racist for suggesting Muslim immigration be temporarily halted!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting you mention FDR's approval of the internment of

Jul 5, 2016, 8:42 AM

That's some incredible logic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Interesting you mention FDR's approval of the internment of

Jul 5, 2016, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Interesting you mention FDR's approval of the internment of ]

if we had a decent pres. he would have already stopped those muslims and started deportation of those enemies of this country!osamaobama wants to completely destroy the USA and congress does nothing to stop him! if killary is elected we are finished!

Just a few reasons not to like Obama...

Jul 3, 2016, 10:20 PM

1) A total failure with foreign policy. Worries more about "offending" Muslims than anything else.

2) Way too many inept cabinet appointees...three prime examples, Clinton, Holder, Kerry, not to mention Biden as VP.

3) Allowing a blatant racist like Al Sharpton to be an "advisor".

4) Flat out lied to the public about the Affordable Care Act...remember "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan".

5) Apparently doesn't understand the executive branch's proper role is to enforce the laws on the books, not make them, or just choose to ignore the ones he doesn't like.

6) Total failure in the fight against terrorism. Wants to blame guns, instead of radical Islamists. This doesn't mean I'm against tightening up loopholes in our gun laws, but put the blame where it should be.

Obama is a prime example of what you get when you vote for "change", with no regard to the fact he had virtually zero leadership experience when he ran for president.

So you don't mention the TPP

Jul 3, 2016, 10:27 PM

but Al Sharpton? He sucks for sure but the impact on America is what?

The Affordable Health Care Act was a concession with the big insurance companies in my opinion. A few poor people get health care, everyone else's insurance goes up, and the rich get richer. It's surely a bust but what has anyone else even tried to do?

All of Capital Hill is corrupt imho. We need to start there before seriously addressing health care.

The impact of Sharpton as a presidential advisor?

Jul 3, 2016, 10:38 PM

He is one of the prime reasons race relations are worse today than a few years ago.

And my list of concerns with Obama wasn't intended to be a complete list. Sure there are more that can be added.

As for the ACA, I wasn't even addressing the pros & cons of it, but the fact that Obama flat out lied, and knew he was lying, when he, on numerous occasions, said, "You can keep your plan." I have no tolerance for lying by our public officials, a big problem I have with Hillary.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

They all lie

Jul 3, 2016, 10:45 PM

you haven't learned that by now?

As far as race relations, that's a huge topic for me. I am a math teacher in a public school so I see it day in and day out. I believe it's mostly about socio-economics and the media is less investigative. They are selling commercials and racial topics sell better than TPP investigations. Al Sharpton is just a product of that mess.

You are absolutely right about the socio-economic factor,

Jul 4, 2016, 4:29 AM

but Al Sharpton is more than a product of the situation, he is a prime instigator. For 30 plus years, he has instigated more racial animosity than just about anyone in the country, and Obama has an open door, to allow him in the White House at any time. On top of this, he is a tax dodger.

I don't like Al Sharpton either

Jul 5, 2016, 10:09 AM

most of the black youth I teach are in horrible situations just like their parents and parents before them. They really need more of the black mentorship programs - especially the boys.

Concession to Insurance companies?

Jul 4, 2016, 2:20 AM [ in reply to So you don't mention the TPP ]

In all fairness you did say BIG insurance companies. The smaller ones are going out of business and the big ones are merging to remain in business. Fewer choices, less competition = bad for consumer in quality & price

It was meant to fail from the beginning.
Obama even stated this was just the first step to socialized medicine.
Hillary is on the trail right now running on the fact that now she can finally pass government run health care.

Another example that is where they are heading with it is, everytime someone says ObamaCare has failed—they answer by saying, well we can’t go back to the way it was. Meaning full steam ahead to socialized medicine.

As Thomas Sowell asked. If people thought the costs of doctors, hospitals, medicines and research are too expensive, why do they think that the costs of those same doctors, hospitals, medicines & research would be less with the additional cost of a bloated bureaucracy running it?

I meant BIG insurance companies, you're right

Jul 4, 2016, 11:39 AM

I owned a hostel for many years and got a chance to talk to people from all over the industrialized world. The health care issue came up time and time again.

The thought of hospitals being run like the DMV is down-right scary, I agree. We should study how successful countries pulled off universal health care. Jesus would be for it after all.

Jesus was no fan of governments

Jul 4, 2016, 11:50 PM

Jesus wanted people helping people—not relying on government to do it for them.

If you want to help, I applaud you for it. If you think giving government other peoples money is your way of helping, I am against that.

If you give someone in need a $100 bucks—they get $100
If you give someone else’s $100 to the government to help someone in need—they get appx. $50 because the goverment waste half of everything they get.

The government cannot even take care of our veterans. The ones who deserve and earn their healthcare.
Take a look at how they have been treated. Throw away files to hide the backlog of patients while veterans die.
That is a couple million, yet you think they can handle 350 million citizens.
And many of those citizens will be going to the doctors office because they sneezed—because after-all, it is free—so why not.

My Grand Dad was a WWII Vet who had an awful

Jul 5, 2016, 9:31 AM

experience at the VA and I 100% agree with you that they should have cleaned that up long ago.

We probably will disagree on this but I think that a country as great as our should be able to offer free health care to it's citizens. If countries like Germany, France, Denmark, Japan, and England to name a few can do it than why can't we?

Big pharm and insurance companies have made our healthcare system unaccessible to most before Obamacare (like it or not and I am not saying it's a great solution). Healthcare unaccessible? That's just crazy IMHO.

Re: My Grand Dad was a WWII Vet who had an awful

Jul 5, 2016, 10:07 AM

thks for your grand dad. now as for those without insurance they always had good medical care that was always FREE!! they just went to the ER and got everything without paying!those DEADBEATS know every trick to live very good off the working people!I know a family that has a BMW and a caddy, a $40,000 boat and live in a rent assisted house with food stamps. but that is just what the libs/demos want!

He is a Dem, Black, with a Muslim name. That's really why..

Jul 3, 2016, 10:42 PM

the vast majority don't like him. Partisanship is the main reason, then some are racists, and then of course there are those that ignorant who think he is a secret Muslim. Then there is the small portion who actuallt have an issue with policy.

It's definitely a partisan issue

Jul 3, 2016, 10:51 PM

but in a weird way, Trump has separated the Republican party's racial and evangelical base from the establishment's control of the money crowd.

They hate him putting his foot in his mouth but they hate his trade policy worse. This has been a huge learning curve for me this election cycle. I felt like I have learned a lot.

Carlsbad a prime example

Jul 4, 2016, 2:35 AM

of what I said in another post. Just label people with opposing views as racist, sexist etc...
supposedly discredits the person, therefore you cannot believe anything they say.

By the way, this is one rule of Rules For Radicals by Saul Alinsky.
A book dedicated to Lucifer, the first Radical to earn his own kingdom.
Which Obama taught in classes. Hillary worked for Alinsky and wrote her senior thesis about him and will not release.

If you want to know what a conservative thinks and why, ask a conservative not a liberal or the liberal news and media.
That is like asking a Gamecock about Clemson Football

Re: Carlsbad a prime example

Jul 4, 2016, 7:34 AM

POST OF THE MONTH. Thanks. tigersblood

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound defensive..

Jul 4, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Carlsbad a prime example ]

What I said was fact and it covers all possibilities. You're in denial.

what you said was not a fact, it was your opinion***

Jul 5, 2016, 12:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the way, I know more consercatives than I know libs..

Jul 4, 2016, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Carlsbad a prime example ]

your post is nonsense and out of touch with reality.

Jul 4, 2016, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Carlsbad a prime example ]

If you don't like Obama it is obviously because of race. He is the most likable man I have ever heard. If you think they way our country is run is the presidents fault you know nothing about government. If Obama could get the house and senate to agree with him things would go smoothly. It's hard to advance the country when everything you stand for gets shot down.

Jul 4, 2016, 9:59 AM

I love how democrats say if you don't like Obama you're a racist but it was ok to hate Bush. I didn't vote for Obama but when he was elected I thought this guy could really bring this country together like no other president could, but he decided it would be better to decide the country and it has made this country weaker and disrespected by the rest of the world. That's why I hate him, not because he's half black.

Jul 4, 2016, 12:19 PM

I'm a republican and Obama has not made the country weaker nor had he made us look any worse in the world view.

Wow... just wow

Jul 4, 2016, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Carlsbad a prime example ]

For your sake I sincerely hope that comment is entirely sarcastic. If it is, you broke the meter; hence my inability to rightly interpret it. If it is NOT entirely sarcastic, and I mean 100%...

congratulations! You just won the dumbest POTD on Tigernet!! Perhaps the dumbest post of the century to date.

Re: Wow... just wow

Jul 4, 2016, 12:21 PM

You can deny all you want but we all know the truth. He didn't have a chance in hell. People had Nobama stickers before he was elected.

^^^this^^^

Jul 3, 2016, 10:57 PM [ in reply to He is a Dem, Black, with a Muslim name. That's really why.. ]

Someone with a normal response

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: ^^^this^^^

Jul 3, 2016, 11:08 PM

We need a non career politician AND
Term Limits to help solve this mess or a Fuhrer who could kill them all and let God sort them out; but only after we establish Term Limits.

Yes! I have never met a dem, rep, or indept who didn't want

Jul 3, 2016, 11:43 PM

term limits.

Yet after 20 years of this topic we have none. What does that tell us?

Re: He is a Dem, Black, with a Muslim name. That's really why..

Jul 3, 2016, 11:35 PM [ in reply to He is a Dem, Black, with a Muslim name. That's really why.. ]

If he isn't one he's certainly a sympathizer

No ignorance there

He's toxic, divisive, hates this country and its founding

...and he's a racist

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your ignorance is astounding and you proved my point.*****

Jul 4, 2016, 9:08 AM

Re: He is a Dem, Black, with a Muslim name. That's really why..

Jul 4, 2016, 12:09 AM [ in reply to He is a Dem, Black, with a Muslim name. That's really why.. ]

Pretty much sums it up! TU

actually Carlsbad, I just hate his liberal policies....

Jul 4, 2016, 12:34 AM [ in reply to He is a Dem, Black, with a Muslim name. That's really why.. ]

they're manufactured by selfish minds that have little idea of true values

and the need for values in society.

But hey, when I went to school we didn't have police or metal detectors there,

so that's a good thing we have now.

And when I was a kid, my parents didn't have to hold their hands over my eyes watching TV at 8:30 at night,

nor be afraid the there would be an advertisement for "erectile disfunction" in an otherwise family show,

nor have to explain to a 6-year-old why some children had "two daddies"..

And we didn't have an institutionalized drug society that enriched criminals world-wide

to the point that they now run certain countries.

And we didn't have to be concerned with a failed Social Security contract,

mounting Federal debt that has sold our country to the Chinese, human trafficking & rampant pornography, etc.

Yep, you guys are right - you liberals have made things all better....

Obama isn't in charge of Viagara commercials...

Jul 4, 2016, 9:10 AM

I agree that it is tough to watch TV with the family now due to the commercials for starters.

no, but Obama IS the figurehead for liberal society...

Jul 4, 2016, 9:36 AM

the "free sex, free drugs, no morals, no God, Gov't is your redeemer"

crap that passes as a "ethic" or "principle",

AND is decidedly un-Constitutional.

And it is exactly these people who have waived their hands over how to

"win over the next generation" (of voters) -

uhh, that would be

1. teach kids about sex long before they are ready to make mature judgements about it, homosexuality included;
2. inundate kids with sex at every turn: TV, radio, music, school, to raise their interest in it;
3. take morals out of public education - instead teach "secularism" which has no specific ethic;
4. hand out government programs (including citizenship amnesty and supposed healthcare) for free and tell everyone it's the Govt's responsibility, not theirs;
5. preach "diversity" not "principles" in order to relieve people of any specific ethic they could follow and count on;
6. attack and destroy those institutions that have historically been the foundations of society: respect for others, religion, marriage & family, respect for law enforcement, etc.;
7. wait until that group of people grows up with the same liberal attitudes and into liberal voters so the process can start all over again, with steps 1-6 being little more than self-prophecies.

Quite frankly, it's how YOU came into being.

Drug sellers often provide the first hits to new users for free - just to get them to start. That's exactly how liberalism has grown in this country - everybody has been taking their first "hit" of some new "freedom", and then sometime later find they no longer have the integrity to have principles.

Liberals don't want a stable society, they want the masses in pliable and desperate form to make them easier to be controlled. That's why they prefer drug users over families, anonymous social networks over Church, etc. etc.

but hey, go ahead, destroy yet another society... be my guest... because apparently people like to be stupid again and again....

you might say stupidity appears to be addictive in some form.... lol.

That is such an outrageous stretch it is laughable.*****

Jul 4, 2016, 9:50 AM

yeah, I'd deny it too if I were you...

Jul 4, 2016, 9:56 AM

pray tell me then why exactly do the Dems want amnesty for illegal aliens?

is it not to provide yet another "block" of voters sympathetic to their party?

I'm sorry sir: you're just not intelligent enough,

nor historically educated enough to argue your side.

I am talking about your views on television tied into Obama.

Jul 4, 2016, 10:29 AM

That part is just laughably stupid. As far as your post, you are obviously projecting. Bless your tint little heart for trying. As far as the amnesty for illegals. The reason why the want the amnesty is because they are already here and have been here years. There is a huge push frpm the legal Latinos, who are Americans, who want something done. They know we can't deport them all, so they are working on a compromise. You need to do more research, probably for the first time I am sure, on all the hoops they will have to jump through to get amnesty. You don't know the issue, probably like most issues. It would take years. Finally, the Dems already have the Latino vote which is growing by leaps and bounds. It's the Repub tent that is increasingly shrinking. Anyway, I am sorry Obama is messing up your tv time with the family. What a jerk he is. When will he stop?

sorry carlsdiner, you're no longer worth arguing with...

Jul 4, 2016, 10:51 PM

once you start backseat psychology exams

and start using uneducated terms like "projecting"

you no longer have any credibility.

Unlike you, because I have an undergrad in Economics and a Masters in Psychology as it happens,

I don't see the need to speak about things of which I don't know.

That's the problem with you drug store keyboard cowboys,

you always over-reach.

Please, just go vote for Hillary as is your right -

after that, just keep your mouth shut.

It's the only way you'll come off half-intelligent.

You ;pst your credinility long ago..

Jul 5, 2016, 9:39 AM

with your ignorant posts. You were never worth arguing with, but I thought it might be amusing. Have a good one.

"I don't see the need to speak about things of which I don't know."

You sure about that bud?

"Unlike you, because I have an undergrad in Economics and a Masters in Psychology as it happens,"

Really? Big deal. Did you got to Wharton, Kellog, or the London School of Economics? That would be interesting, but of course in the end have little relevance. I could have had both of your degrees blindfolded, as could most people I know, as well as most people that post here. Where did you go? That said, you still know so little about politics and the world around you. By the way, I ran 3:51 in the 1500 meters at age 19. Aren't you impressed? It's not every relevant is it? Neither are your two degrees. As far as votes, you don't have a leg to stand on. You are proudly and enthusiastically voting for Trump...enough said. Sp pipe down about anyone's choice of vote. There are 3 presidential candidates, and the most ignorant with the least education, will be voting for your candidate. You will never be half way intelligent, but you know that down deep and that's why you were rambling about your two irrelevant degrees. Thanks for the chuckle.

said the person who called anybody who disagrees with Obama

Jul 5, 2016, 12:14 PM [ in reply to That is such an outrageous stretch it is laughable.***** ]

a racist

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a teacher (not a Sunday school teacher)

Jul 5, 2016, 9:43 AM [ in reply to no, but Obama IS the figurehead for liberal society... ]

it's not our responsibility to teach YOUR kids morals. That's up to the parents. I also don't think it's our job to teach YOUR religion either. This is also up the the parents.

Now don't get me wrong, my class learns day one what the expectations are and what the consequences are for poor decisions but the 'morals' - thats all on the parents.

If you want to have your kids go to a religious school; however, you would be in luck - there are plenty private schools to choose from.

Selfishly my 401K & other investments have gone up and I ...

Jul 3, 2016, 10:56 PM

Hate money?

I also prefer sobriety and celibacy.

Seriously he has not legalized weed. Sorry m'fer!

Re: Selfishly my 401K & other investments have gone up and I ...

Jul 4, 2016, 7:21 AM

You need to share that 401k and investments with the Tigernet friends. It is new Obamerica way! #ExecOrder #666666

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bought two Korean War Vets several rounds of beer last night

Jul 4, 2016, 7:39 AM

Both in their mid seventies. Great guys and story tellers.

Kind of a forgotten and under appreciated group.

Happy 4th of July.

Jul 4, 2016, 12:06 AM

Obama has done great IMO. He is genuine. He speaks for our country very well and he seems to be a great man with a great plan. The problem is he cannot get what he needs to get passed because the republicans always have to disagree with him. I believe if Obama could do what he wanted more so we would be in much better shape. Idk y all the Obama hate. People never gave him a chance they all said he was horrible before he became president. That's the

Jul 4, 2016, 12:06 AM

Obama has done great IMO. He is genuine. He speaks for our country very well and he seems to be a great man with a great plan. The problem is he cannot get what he needs to get passed because the republicans always have to disagree with him. I believe if Obama could do what he wanted more so we would be in much better shape. Idk y all the Obama hate. People never gave him a chance they all said he was horrible before he became president. That's the ones that say he is the worst in history. Just because his col

Jul 4, 2016, 12:07 AM

Color and name!

Jul 4, 2016, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here... ]
image.jpeg(72.7 K)

Jul 4, 2016, 9:40 AM

I spotted the racist redneck!

I was very hopeful Obama would be a good president, but

Jul 4, 2016, 4:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here... ]

I have been very disappointed n many of his actions on foreign policy, terrorism, lying about the ACA, & especially the inept people he has put on his cabinet. His response to Ferguson, Baltimore, Trevon Martin, etc was also very disappointing.

I don't really like either side but...

Jul 4, 2016, 12:15 AM

Here's why I don't like Obama.

1. Debt - We had an opportunity to truly make an investment in this country. We could basically issue debt at a low rate, and invest in infrastructure, growth of business, and innovation. Instead, we chose to invest in social programs, and other spending which does not provide growth for this nation. So, as we approach $20 trillion in debt, how is that going to be paid back? I think the last I saw that our debt to GDP was about 105%.

2. Obamacare - See point 1. A lot of money that is spent on a social program that has failed. I understand that it has helped some people. But, overall, it has not helped a lot of folks who are in the program. Deductibles are way too high. And now insurance companies that are in the program are looking to sue the government (meaning us), because they did not receive the money that was promised.

3. Transparency - For someone who claimed he would be the most transparent president ever, I see him as the least that I know of.

Feel free to trash, just my opinion.

This is good discussion, I like your points.

Jul 4, 2016, 11:42 AM

Still no one mentions the TPP. Interesting.

Re: This is good discussion, I like your points.

Jul 4, 2016, 12:06 PM

The TPP falls under the lack of transparency. I can't comment on it, because nobody really seems to know what's in it. For comparison, here's a member of the European Parliament trying to read the TTIP, while the TPP is under the same lock and key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozj0qwnMGZ0

The TPP is out now...

Jul 4, 2016, 6:16 PM

craziness in some of it. NAFTA wasn't good, was it?

Re: The TPP is out now...

Jul 4, 2016, 7:32 PM

I agree, NAFTA was garbage. I'll be interested to look at TPP. Hopefully, lessons learned, but I doubt it. Thanks for letting me know it was out.

Jul 4, 2016, 12:31 AM

Ok I will bite, Obamacare to be exact is #1 my list. Before we Obamacare I had really good affordable insurance. In the last two years that insurance plan went up 400%, yes doubled then doubled again. I dropped down the next cheapest plan because I just couldn't affford a 400% increase. Last year coverage was decent, this year the insurance company lumped my prescription deductible in with the medical deductible. Last year the prescription deductible was $250, this year I have to meet the $3100 medical deductible before prescription coverage kicks in. My employer pays the first $2000 of the $3100 deductible but only for medical not prescription. I checked the other day, though June I've only spent $1400, so at this rate I'm paying full price for prescriptions all year. Someone please Remind me why I am paying $140 every two weeks for insurance. I have a buddy who just lost his job and his wife is having some healthi issues and is out of work also. He got Obamacare for both of them for $67 a month with way better coverage and free generic meds. I pay $48 for a generic for three months. I'm glad they can get affordable insurance but I work 50 to 60 hours a week and have sh#t coverage. Other than may be the fact that Obama keeps wiping his a$$ with the Constitution. The list goes on and on and God Help us all if Killlary gets elected.

Jul 4, 2016, 12:33 AM

You'd rather Trump win, you dumb f*ck?!

Jul 4, 2016, 12:37 AM

This is absolutely comical. Obama can't get sh*t done because an obstructionist, NRA-backed congress won't let him. South Carolina
and the rest of the redneck "solid south" won't let this country advance. It's sad.

Jul 4, 2016, 12:53 AM

Obama had two years of full democrat control of the House, and 57 of the 60 votes needed in Senate. There were also 2 independents. In that time, if he had worked to obtain the 3 votes he needed to pass any law he wants, then fine. But, it's not a good sign for a president that can't do that. I'm an independent, so I have my issues with him, but also with Republicans. But, it is very ignorant to call someone a "dumb f&ck" for sharing his personal experiences with insurance.

Jul 4, 2016, 1:00 AM

Yeah, he is a "dumb f*ck" if his opinion is based on a selfish, myopic, and anecdotal opinion. Period.

Jul 4, 2016, 1:01 AM

Still waiting for one of you dum-dums to tell me how Obama hurt race relations. Thanks.

Jul 4, 2016, 1:07 AM

Ummm... I didn't say anything about race relations. But, you failed to address any of my points. Good day sir.

^^^ Just pointed out....

Jul 4, 2016, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here... ]

the REAL DUMB F*CK.

Those with no real education or argument use this method of intimidation.

Go Tigers! But I am ashamed UPROAR is one of them. Surely not a graduate.

Jul 4, 2016, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here... ]

I voted for W twice and will admit in the end he sucked yet all the steeple can't see the forrest for the trees when it comes to Obama. You really think a lying windbag who got Americans killed and wants to abolish the 2nd amendment is who we need to be President and I'm the dumb ####.

Jul 4, 2016, 1:05 AM

You are truly too stupid for words. You voted for W twice: essentially an idiot admitting to being so. Your two votes for W and Cheney got more Americans killed-- AND CONTINUE TO DO SO-- than ANYTHING Obama has done. Get your facts straight, Jackleg.

dear republicans:

Jul 4, 2016, 1:07 AM

You are on the wrong side of history. You always have been, you always will be. It is sad- and confounding- that you can't recognize it.

As for the NRA...

Jul 4, 2016, 1:20 AM

...how many NRA members or supporters were involved in

1. The massacre in Paris
2. The massacre in Bangladesh
3. The massacre in Brussels
4. The Boston Bombing
5. The massacre in Orlando
6. The Suicide Bombings in Iraq
7. The massacre in Turkey

God knows I'm missing many of them, but how can you possibly explain this lack of NRA involvement in all this mass killing? Please, PLEASE, I need to know. Cause goodness knows the NRA caused all of this. Right?

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jul 4, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I read a lot of people bashing Obama on here... ]

Exactly

I don't like Obama because bailed out the "too big to fails"

Jul 4, 2016, 12:40 AM

that's all you got?

Obama has done more to hurt race relations in this country than any president in my lifetime. This country is more divided now by racial lines since the Civil Rights era. There are too many examples to cite. Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, Baltimore, Black Lives Matter, etc. He would have weighed in on OJ's innocence if he'd been President at the time. Maybe had a beer with him at the White House?

He has denigrated this once great republic on the world stage so much that no one respects or fears us anymore. That is the one primary reason that you are seeing this world spiral downward into a killing field on a daily basis. Without America leading from the front (instead of leading from behind as he wants), all these fruitcakes with a certain crazy religious lean are assured of maximum carnage while Obama calls for even more tolerance and open borders. Yeah, let more of them in. What the heck could go wrong?

So, you can hate on Bush all you want. Heck, you can even claim to not like Obama and scream at the top of your lungs about the "system". But your Progessive-Leftist utopian view of the world ain't gonna help you when a Muslim screams "Allahu Akbar" and blows you and your loved ones away. Which is happening #### near everyday now. Just my opinion.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I don't like Obama because bailed out the "too big to fails"

Jul 4, 2016, 12:46 AM

What, exactly, has Obama done to
HURT race relations? Remind me.

Also, you claim you want someone that is hard on terrorism, well your gun-loving, NRA-sanctioned politicians are just fine with people on the terrorist watch-list to buy guns. How f*cking dumb is that? Please, PLEASE, explain that away.

I won't downvote you like you did me...

Jul 4, 2016, 1:01 AM

...I just stand by what I said.

There are too many examples to cite. Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, Baltimore, Black Lives Matter, etc.

If you don't see it, then I can't help you.

Explanation for the watch list

Jul 4, 2016, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't like Obama because bailed out the "too big to fails" ]

Because Obama can put anyone he wants on the terror watch list without due process.
He has listed 72 ways people can be put on that watch list and all law abiding conservatives fit the
criteria for 50+ of the reasons. Not so much for Muslim extremists.

Here it is...

Jul 4, 2016, 1:30 AM

White? check
Conservative? check
Cling to Bible? check
Cling to guns? check
68 Other Reasons? doesn't matter cause of first 4

Re: I don't like Obama because bailed out the "too big to fails"

Jul 4, 2016, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't like Obama because bailed out the "too big to fails" ]

Logged on to thumb you down, Cuck.

So Obama started racism in this country?

Jul 5, 2016, 9:53 AM [ in reply to I don't like Obama because bailed out the "too big to fails" ]

I pointed out tangible things that I don't like - bailing out the too big to fails and fast-tracking the TPP for example.

Some on here are saying that they don't like Obamacare - fair enough.

I realize to someone like you I seem like a left-wing radical but if you're someone to the extreme right wouldn't it be fair to say that anyone would seem leftist to you?

I listen to conservative talk radio everyday just because I do lean left of center. I try and get as big as a perspective as I can and fight my own biases. I read a lot. I lived in other countries and had lots of conversations with people around the world.

I think if you find yourself on the extreme right or left you need to do some looking around.

My least favorite thing he did was post political threads

Jul 4, 2016, 1:11 AM

On football boreds

Corruption was always the an issue for us.

Jul 4, 2016, 5:49 AM

American have fallen spell to the exact same ploy used to control Rome, that exact ploy which distracted the citizens of Rome and allowed it's leaders unnatural, unwarranted and nearly unlimited power. Bread and circus. (int frag)

Everybody is fat and happy and we're all entertained. Entertainment is more than just music, theater and sports. Those who consider themselves 'civic minded,' are more entertained and focused on divisive politics than practical politics.

Happy 4th of July.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liberal Democrats try to divide us into group vs. group if

Jul 4, 2016, 7:01 AM

you're not seeing that then you might want to take off your rose colored glasses. BTW, a person of your time on this board should know better to post non-football related topics on Football. tsk-tsk (finger wagging).

Anything here sound familiar?

Jul 4, 2016, 7:05 AM

Saul Alinsky's plans for a social state:

Healthcare: control healthcare and you control the people.

Poverty: increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

Debt: increase the debt to an unstainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

Gun Control: remove the ability to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state.

Welfare: take control of every aspect of their lives (food, housing and income.)

Education: take control of what people read and listen to; take control of what children learn in school.

Religion: remove the belief in God from the government and schools.

Class Warfare: divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to tax the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Obama and Hillary just worship everything concerning Saul Alinsky.

Jul 4, 2016, 7:41 AM

There are several problems. The real problem is the battle between good and evil. America has lost its purpose. This country was founded on the desire to worship the creator of heaven and earth, but sadly, it has become like the temple court yard. A corrupt place where money is worshipped instead of the eternal being the creator of existence. For a couple hundred of years evil did not have control of our law, they have constantly assaulted that arena and are gaining on that front. It has been a gradual process. Just look at how television has changed from the 50's until now. It has been done gradually. Look at the homosexual agenda which is promote their lifestyle as normal. Give me break, please. Personally, I do not care what another's sexual preference is, but let's be honest homosexuality is not normal behavior and children do not need to be taught that it is. Abortion, why is there a debate as to when life begins. It begins when the cell divides into 2 cells. As far as a women's rights, they have right to keep their legs closed or use birth control. We murder or been complicit in the murder of millions of children. God forgive, but I have a child that was aborted because of her mother's selfish reasons. I had no say in that decision and it haunted me for years.

Our government is a farce. It might as well be wrestling. When politics became a profession, we were set up to become their slaves. Instead of them being public servants, they have made the public their servants. They go into politics for one reason and that is money. If you think otherwise, you are naive. Until that problem is solved, we will continue to see the decline of our great nation. Just like Rome and Greece we shall erode from within because good men stood by and said and did nothing. They let those in control call good evil and evil good.

Jul 4, 2016, 8:27 AM

What about he is a "Terrorist"

Most "executive actions" of any prez. Congress anyone?***

Jul 4, 2016, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Truly ignorant and that is the problem with most that bash..

Jul 4, 2016, 9:17 AM

Obama isn't anywhere close to the most executive orders. W had more as did Clinton.

Obama has had 242
W 291
Clinton 264
Carter 320
Eisenhower 484
Calvin Coolidge 1,023
Truman 907
FDR 3.721
Theodore Roosevelt 1,081
Herbert Hoover 968

Forgot to add our beloved Reagan at 381.*****

Jul 4, 2016, 9:22 AM

Jul 4, 2016, 8:45 AM

Add to it 'Greed'!

Jul 4, 2016, 9:07 AM

PBT: you must be kidding to ask what did Obama do wrong! Before posting such a dumb statement like that I'd suggest you read up on exactly the State of this once great country. From our foreign policy, to our military and all the abuses they've suffered , to our debt which has more than doubled under him, to our welfare poor doubling from 26 to 46 million, to our yearly budgets which are totally out of one with our needs, to our failure to defeat ISIS, to the abomination called Obamacare, to his pitting of recess against each other, from his total disregard for the U.S. Constitution, from his program to allow BlackI Lives Matter to run rampant, to his failure to prosecute the Black Panthers for clearly and outrageous voting violations in the 2008 election. More to come.
HIS failure to deal with ISIS early on when it could have been defeated easily,, from his allowing Muslims to overrun this country, etc.etc/ Wake up and smell the roses

Long story short you have no clue. You said nothing.

Jul 4, 2016, 9:19 AM

You basically said nothing, because you really have no concrete idea what you were attempting to ramble about.

You've said a lot... mostly insulting everyone and

Jul 4, 2016, 4:58 PM

acting as if you are smarter than everyone else. I've seen you do nothing but discount the point of view of anyone who disagrees with you. How old are you...?

Let me help you:

Obama loves to tout his jobs record but never reconciles it with the fact that we have a record number of people on welfare. If his jobs record is so wonderful - why so many on welfare?

We also have a record number of Americans who have exited the workforce and currently have the lowest percentage of adult Americans employed full-time in history.

We have the highest number of American males between the ages of 22-30 living with their parents since the record has been kept. Why?

Gun ownership is at record highs and violent crime is plummeting... but you can't tell by listening to Obama.

The cities with the highest violent crime rates, highest rates of civil rights related violence and largest debts are all run by democrats.

Obama has failed to secure our border. Immigrant related violent crimes are on the rise.

The military is crumbling. Both the Air Force and Marines are cannibalizing aircraft for parts and many units don't have enough parts or funds to have more than 50% of their planes flying.

Obamacare. Largest tax increase in history and it's going to get worse. Premium increases set to rise by an average of 12% next year.

Wages have stagnated. The average American has $4,000 less to spend a year than before he got here.

Economic growth... on its worst extended trend ever. Ever. Ever.

As far as you correcting people on Obama's executive actions, you're right. He prefers am instrument called a "Presidential Memorandum" which has few restrictions but carries enormous weight. He has signed and Issa more than any president in history.

I could go on...

His greatest legacy will be people like you. People who are so married to ideology that they crap on anyone who disagrees with them. He has divided the country. His goal is to split it and destroy it. He is well on his way.

I am a bitter and angry man.

Re: You've said a lot... mostly insulting everyone and

Jul 4, 2016, 5:24 PM

Yes, so he has signed less executive orders. Nice try though bud. I am smarter than you, but that isn't saying much. The economy is better now than it was. Is it adequate? No, and nobody thinks it is. How was economic growth in W's last 2 year of his term? I don't think you understand where we came from during the first year of Obama's first term. Gun violence in this country is still out of hand, no matter how you want to contort the issue. By the way, nobody is coming for your gun, Einstein. Your post is just a bunch of rambling gibberish in the big picture. You need help yourself is the real deal. Also, how old are you? You're pretty out of touch with the world around you. Bless your heart for trying though. That was adorable. As far as immigration, that is just another talking point which you supposedly hate. When has illegal immigration personally had an impact on your life and where do you live? I could go on, and I will. the only thing that has divided this country are imbeciles like yourself. Thee partisan hacks, the racists, and the ignorant have divided this country. Which one of those 3 are you?

Jul 4, 2016, 6:12 PM

The economy is better now because people that are sorry as heck get money handed to them.
People that work and pay taxes are the reason the economy is better.
This world is set up now to reward the sorry and screw the hard working middle class.

Jul 5, 2016, 8:49 AM

sounds like you've fallen hook, line and sinker for the tactic to get you arguing with other other poor people who's less poor.

Congrats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to You've said a lot... mostly insulting everyone and ]

GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!thats why we simply must get rid of him and killary!

I can cite sources for all I have shared.

Jul 4, 2016, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Long story short you have no clue. You said nothing. ]

Decide what you want to be... a walking liberal talking point or am American.

Keep an open mind. Look for reasons to be wrong and not to shore up your beliefs. Intellectual honesty comes from the assumption that all sides have value.

You doubled down on the stupidity? Impressive.

Jul 4, 2016, 5:28 PM

I think you're projecting chief. Do you want to be walking conservative talking point or an American. I guarantee I can tell you what you think on just about every issue before you even tell me. Try being an American first.

None of those are "talking points" sport. They are

Jul 4, 2016, 5:38 PM

Statistics.., mostly sourced from government agencies.

Thoose are talking points and there is something called...

Jul 4, 2016, 7:09 PM

nuance, which goes over your head. Moreover, there is the big picture of where we are and where we were, which also goes over your head. You're a living breathing talking point from what I have seen from your posts.

Happy #230 USA---History repeats itself

Jul 4, 2016, 9:44 AM

We are back to 1776 and this time the enemy is US...TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!

Heaven help us in the future---we lose the Muslim flip-flop to be represented by either an erratic blowhard or a professional lying baglady. AAAARRRGGHHH!!!

Jul 4, 2016, 10:31 AM

Stupid is as stupid does......Go Tigers!!!!

Jul 4, 2016, 1:08 PM

If you have to ask, then you've been asleep under a rock...politics aside, his lack of immigration control will be this country's down fall!

I like Obama everytime I go to the gaspump..

Jul 4, 2016, 1:42 PM

and pay $2.00 a gallon instead of $5.00 a gallon and I see my brother-in-law(an army helicopter pilot) home instead of on his FOURTH TRIP to Afghanistan or Iraq(like the three he did under Bush). He ain't great shakes, but the guy before him was the worst President of my 65 years(back to the great Ike Eisenhower in memory) and I wouldn't argue much if people said George W Bush was the worst US President EVER! His administration was a disaster in every way.

what in the TPP is wrong for US interests?

Jul 4, 2016, 4:46 PM

I have my own opinions, but I see that you have a particular angst with it so, I would like to know what they are.

I am not a big govt supporter, liberal, conservative or any other particular political label. I judge individuals, organizations, agencies, etc each on their own merit. The Office of the President is a leadership position that in current functions is not more than a figure head who leads through consensus. Congress pulls the most strings and carry the most checks and balances. If the people were truly honest with ourselves, we would be pushing for congressional reform because that is where the vast majority of decisions that truly affect us on our street are made.

The president himself has been reduced to being the defacto leader of whichever political party they have aligned themselves, and this has been the case for most presidents since Reconstruction.

Republicans have had the majority of votes in congress probably since the Johnson term and definitely since the Nixon term. With that in mind, it was republicans who compromised on the ACA and every other agreement , including the "too big to fail" bail outs.

The only reason why I think that GWB is the worst president in my lifetime is because there wasn't even an attempt to be seen as having an original thought, but it was so very obvious that Cheney drove that ship while defense contractors and other conglomerates structured campaign finance reform to suit their interests and keep politicians beholden to their interests through their mega contributions.....

But since 2008, the political agenda has been to "obstruct Obama" and make him a lame duck president, which for the most part has been accomplished because I see his failures as significantly influenced by having to compromise with those who oppose anything that he might initiate, and that's not to say that anything that he would initiate is always for the good of the people but we can't even surmised this because of having to compromise so much.

As for protecting the Saudis, that protection has been in place since the confirmation of their oil deposits and the need of access to those deposits by the US to accommodate our oil consumption...

I see Obama and every other president as all the same, just members of the same fraternity of presidents who keep the code of secrecy at all costs like Freemasons and Shriners in their elitist degree levels, nothing more, nothing less...

So, again, what is wrong within or without the TPP?

will ship more American jobs overseas...

Jul 4, 2016, 4:57 PM

will further destroy Labor unions here and abroad, will encourage trade with countries that have abysmal human rights records.

thanks for the response***

Jul 5, 2016, 12:07 PM

Re: what in the TPP is wrong for US interests?

Jul 4, 2016, 5:16 PM [ in reply to what in the TPP is wrong for US interests? ]

Democrats had control of the House and Senate from 2008-2010. Just saying. Both parties stink, but don't say he's been blocked his entire term.

Re: what in the TPP is wrong for US interests?

Jul 5, 2016, 8:51 AM

Doesn't appear you understand how congress works. If a simple majority is all you need why did the republicans even bother showing up from 2008-10?

read my post again

Jul 5, 2016, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: what in the TPP is wrong for US interests? ]

and realize that i didn't say that he was blocked, but i do notice that you didn't refute my point that the agenda of republicans was to make his presidency lame duck from the date of his election. but to make a point of 2 years out of at least 4 decades that the dems had a majority vote is really just the blind squirrel finding a nut...

Neo Liberal economics is our biggest enemy....

Jul 4, 2016, 4:55 PM

definition for those who don't know the term (side note we have been following these neo liberal economic policies since the end of the Carter admin. until now, they have resulted in stagnated or lower wages, less job benefits, less stable economy, more Wall Street corruption, 401k's instead of pensions, shipping American jobs overseas): http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/neoliberalism.asp

Is this good?

Jul 4, 2016, 5:07 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-06/california-makes-america-s-economy-great

Re: Is this good?

Jul 4, 2016, 5:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3_5qlxHmME

You can read my response to Carlsbad above for my take.

Jul 4, 2016, 5:08 PM

Nm

Couple things...

Jul 4, 2016, 5:12 PM

They couldn't fall any father than they had. This is a bounceback trend after years of depressed results.

Progress can be bought in the short term. Same source as you used... one week earlier.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-27/california-s-recovery-loses-luster-as-tax-increases-set-to-lapse

This was supposed t be in response to Carlsbads article.

Jul 4, 2016, 5:13 PM

Nm

Bottom line is there is plenty great going on in California.

Jul 4, 2016, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Couple things... ]

We may have our flaws in Ca, but we are about to be the 5th biggest economy on planet Earth.

Re: Bottom line is there is plenty great going on in California.

Jul 4, 2016, 5:47 PM

5th biggest out of who? Just curious. I can name 5 bigger economies on the "planet earth" over California, assuming GDP is what you are measuring.

Here you go..

Jul 4, 2016, 7:18 PM

Supposedly we are about to be 5th.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2016/06/15/california-now-world-s-6th-largest-economy.html

I could go on for hours why Obama is destroying our country

Jul 4, 2016, 5:17 PM

but the Lunge is >>>>>>>> that way, and if I wanted to discuss politics on a sports forum, I would go there. At the moment, I would rather see posts about our newest 5* addition.

All... bear witness to the the false intellectualism of

Jul 4, 2016, 6:00 PM

Carlsbad.

His intellectualism is defined by insulting others and ignoring facts or debating like a gentleman.

If that's all you have Carlsbad - stay on the sidelines.

You're a joke.

I think you are projecting.

Jul 4, 2016, 7:16 PM

Debating like a gent? Didn't you start a thread on the internet challenging me to a fight? What a gentleman! I think it's best we just agree to disagree. We can agree on football. That's why these threads shouldn't be on the football page, because people like the two of us will never see eye to eye. I will call clueless people like you out and you will want to fight. I won't respond to another one of your posts unless it revolves around sports or unless you directly start a thread issued to me. It's all good and better this way. Enjoy your 4th bud. Don't get kick your dog out of anger.

Agreed.

Jul 4, 2016, 7:18 PM

We won't see eye to eye... you are too busy padding your personal echo chamber to ever consider another's points.

Re: Agreed.

Jul 4, 2016, 8:10 PM

lol pot meet kettle

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jul 4, 2016, 6:46 PM

Wrong board HTH

I don't think he is a bad President. However

Jul 4, 2016, 6:46 PM

I think he did some harmful things. His foreign policy has left a lot to be desired. He attitude in how the affordable care act was passed was terrible. His overuse of executive actions set a dangerous precedent. Openly stating certain laws he doesn't agree with would not be prosecuted is dangerous. Every prosecutor has limited resources and picks his battles. But you should never boast about not enforcing a law

Re: I don't think he is a bad President. However

Jul 4, 2016, 8:09 PM

> I think he did some harmful things. His foreign
> policy has left a lot to be desired. He attitude in
> how the affordable care act was passed was terrible.
> His overuse of executive actions set a dangerous
> us precedent. Openly stating certain laws he doesn't
> agree with would not be prosecuted is dangerous.
> Every prosecutor has limited resources and picks his
> battles. But you should never boast about not
> enforcing a law

You have to be on Meth

Here's a link that's pretty interesting no...

Jul 4, 2016, 7:54 PM

matter where you fall on the political spectrum. Keep in mind that the author is a libertarian and he doesn't like Bush or Obama. However, he has gone back to the beginning of the Obama administration and written 1,202 summaries (so far) of different decisions that he considers to have been examples of "lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc." Some of them I agree with and others I don't, but it certainly serves as a reminder of many of the administration's decisions since 2009. Although the link below is a blog, he has included at least one news link for each of the 1,202 summaries. If you don't like the link, use it as a starting point for additional Google searches.

https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/

Obummacare***

Jul 4, 2016, 10:12 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Jul 5, 2016, 1:19 AM

I'm a true liberal and take issue with some Obama policies regarding Snowden and NSA activities, drone strikes, trade agreements that continue to hurt workers, and more.

However, one thing I will say good about him is that he has handled racist and completely ridiculous attacks against him with a lot of grace. The birth certificate issue and suspicion that he was a Muslim was nothing more than a bunch of dumb white people mistrusting and even hating a person simply for being of a different ethnicity.

He was our presidential version of Jackie Robinson. He had to deal with white bull****, and like Jackie he consistently did so with grace and class.

Truth!!!... Precisely why The Bern was the best answer.

Jul 5, 2016, 8:39 AM

He obviously couldn't get all of his 'positions' passed, but he could get things addressed and expose the strict party-line bias to the point that the public might start holding Congress accountable... If nothing else, he's honest and consistent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst president of my recollection (which goes

Jul 5, 2016, 8:55 AM

back to Reagan). In my opinion, he's earned that distinction exclusively through his horrible, horrible leadership. President Obama brought no one with him who wasn't already with him. Nor did he try. If you didn't agree, you were ignorant and backwards. I truly believe President Obama decided long ago that leading the country was too hard, and that he would lead his constituents instead.

His lack of leadership also contributed to the most strained racial situation in America in years. This situation is particularly ironic given his unique opportunity to do the exact opposite.

Add to that, in my opinion, a horribly failed foreign policy that has led to undermined U.S. authority around the world, significant de-stabilization, a resurgent Russia, and directly contributed to the massive refugee crisis we see in Europe. He consistently insults our key allies and cozies up to long held enemies.

At home, our economy is doing "okay", and a lot of his supporters point to this, but for the life of me, I cannot think of a single thing he's done to contribute to this. If anything, his "You didn't build this" mindset has slowed the recovery.

The federal deficit will nearly double in his eight years from $10 trillion to a staggering $19 trillion. It would have been doubled at least if it wasn't for the budget sequestor, which he complained about vigorously.

He is CONSTANTLY rebuked by the SCOTUS. I don't have the numbers but every time you turn around it seems like another major part of his legislative efforts is overthrown, which speaks to his laziness and inability to craft appropriate laws in conjunction with Congress, which again points to failed leadership. Which brings us to his signature piece of legislation...

Obamacare. Complete failure, and not done yet. Of course, the SCOTUS ruled that it was within the confines of the constitution but only by outing his "it's not a tax" schtick, indicating that it most certainly was a tax. Lie upon lie upon lie, mockery of the "stupid Americans" by key writers of the law. Premiums skyrocketing. A foolish law all the way around, but he couldn't be bothered with that.

So, that's my thoughts on why he is, in my opinion, the worst President I have ever known.

For the life of me, I don't know why this is still on the sports board. Crump must be fairly relaxed on that stuff in the down time.

null

Oh, and...

Jul 5, 2016, 8:59 AM

corruption. Even if he wasn't aware about the IRS's stonewalling on tax exempt status for "Tea Party" like organizations, he certainly understood it after the fact, and did nothing to clean up that mess. Shameful. Here I'll clarify that I don't think Obama is "completely" corrupt, unlike Hillary. I think he is corrupt in the way that amateurs and poor leaders in high offices are susceptible to corrupt people assuring them that it's no big deal, etc., etc.

null

Re: The worst president of my recollection (which goes

Jul 5, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to The worst president of my recollection (which goes ]

It's funny the same people who asked him to provide his birth certificate and accused him of being a Muslim get upset when they're called ignorant and backwards.

Jul 5, 2016, 9:18 AM

Kinda funny coming from a guy who accuses everyone who doesnt like Hillary to be pro Trump.

You are talking out of your ### as much as anyone else. Congrats.

That is a terrible attempt at making a point.

Jul 5, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: The worst president of my recollection (which goes ]

I am personally upset about the leader of America's divisive approach to all of his citizens. To equate that opinion to the "birther" movement by completely other people is a stretch. And to imply that those people ARE presumably backwards and ignorant when Mr. Obama very clearly was registered at Columbia as a foreign student is also a stretch.

I think your response is very superficial and designed to mindlessly dismiss negative opinions of the President without giving it any consideration. This is not uncommon.

null

Re: That is a terrible attempt at making a point.

Jul 5, 2016, 9:31 AM

lol Obama was never enrolled at Columbia as a foreign student. Thank you for proving my point.

I would consider your argument if they weren't backed by ignorance.

Oh, my mistake.

Jul 5, 2016, 9:40 AM

I myself was never involved in the birther thing, so everything I know about it is fairly superficial. So...I guess I did respond on that from a position of "ignorance."

null

Jul 5, 2016, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: The worst president of my recollection (which goes ]

I am not ignorant or backwards and I know he is a muslim and was not born here!

Jul 5, 2016, 9:54 AM [ in reply to The worst president of my recollection (which goes ]

I REMEMBER(SOMEWHAT) every president since FDR. Carter was by far the worst until osamaobama came along and lowered the bar to an entirely new level. No one else is even close to this *&^%$%^%$#!he has started out to completely destroy the USA and he has about done it! if killary is elected the working people are done for!

He lies and arrogantly so

Jul 5, 2016, 10:11 AM

He has made America a punch line

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2016, 8:36 AM

I don't know if he's worst Pres ever but he certainly sucks and ranks up there...

Most transparent administration....what a freaking joke!

The great race baiter/divider. I've never seen a leader divide people like he does.

Continuing not to enforce our border like past presidents, but taking it a step further and basically advertising to come here illegally.

Allowing the JV team to become varsity under our noses...probably the biggest thing...not recognizing your enemy making us weaker. Basically being radical Islam neutral has strengthened their determination. Hell he won't even admit it's an Islamic issue.

I could go on but I have to go to work to pay for my $1,000 month health care policy so someone else can pay 200 for the same policy.

We are obligated to help the weak and those with bad luck on there side get back on there feet..,BUT we are not supposed to do for people what they can do for themselves.

We are enabling and making it easier for people to do nothing as opposed to working. It must stop.

Sovereign borders make a nation. Stop illegal immigration but embrace legal immigration with guidelines we can live with.

Go Tigers!

Ranking the Presidents

Jul 6, 2016, 8:42 AM

Not much is said about Obama because he is so new. he will definitely be ranked in the upper halg when the time comes. W is not. This uses various sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

Long story short..

Jul 8, 2016, 9:53 PM

They have no idea. They are either underexposed, racist, or just partisan hacks, Generally they are just imbeciles in denial.

If one was trying to divide and humble this nation...what

Jul 8, 2016, 10:00 PM

would a President do different then Barack has in the last 8 years?

Change his name, party affiliation, and skin color?*****

Jul 8, 2016, 10:03 PM

Replies: 176
| visibility 51
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic