Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney keeps faith in Clemson, but is he crossing the line?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Swinney keeps faith in Clemson, but is he crossing the line?

Aug 26, 2014, 12:00 AM

State bringing this back again

http://www.thestate.com/2014/08/25/3639084_dabo-swinney-keeps-faith-in-clemson.html?rh=1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charolette Observer says

Aug 26, 2014, 12:03 AM

Bitte schön

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden sounded really supportive of CDS***

Aug 26, 2014, 12:09 AM

Gotta love Bowdens closing comments. He was right on

Aug 26, 2014, 12:39 AM

the money.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that is all.***

Aug 26, 2014, 12:58 AM

"The State" has become the baby sister to the "Observer."

Aug 26, 2014, 5:01 AM

Whatever big sister prints, little sister follows suit.

The Charlotte paper's story was nothing more than a rehash by a UNC grad looking to recreate controversy for reader bites. Meanwhile, the Columbia paper, including S.C. grads, was more than happy to play tag along.

I tend to think "The State" should be more concerned with crime downtown Columbia, as well as the proposed new ballpark, which will no doubt be another city bust unless the people at the paper grow a pair and ask the CPD: "How will you protect citizens attending games?"

As to Coach Swinney's religious activities, if they are voluntary without player complaints, then the FFRF has no case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "The State" has become the baby sister to the "Observer."

Aug 26, 2014, 6:41 AM

I remember a few year as back when Clemson had a rapist on the loose. Crime is everywhere.

lol... good luck in life***

Aug 26, 2014, 6:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Crime is everywhere, but which place do you think has more

Aug 26, 2014, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: "The State" has become the baby sister to the "Observer." ]

of it, Clemson or Columbia?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

he won't be back. but if he shows up, let him know

Aug 26, 2014, 8:18 AM

The rapist he mentioned was sent back to Tallahassee.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

LOL***

Aug 26, 2014, 8:28 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure Jerry Buck Inman was from Columbia***

Aug 26, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: "The State" has become the baby sister to the "Observer." ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I don't think so. It is what the world needs.....a little

Aug 26, 2014, 7:43 AM

more Christ in our life. I think we are all getting away from that. If I stepped on toes or you disagree, oh well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

indeed

Aug 26, 2014, 7:50 AM

The world definitely needs more sympathy, compassion, and understanding.
If you get that from Jesus, Allah, Buddha, or the giant spaghetti monster, the more power to you.

It's great that you are resolute in your faith,

Aug 26, 2014, 9:27 AM [ in reply to I don't think so. It is what the world needs.....a little ]

but I think saying "if I stepped on your toes...oh, well" is something of a contradiction of the "Christ in our life" part. I was coming home from Norfolk, Va. last weekend and got behind a car with several bumper stickers denouncing religion. One said, "It's your hell, you burn in it." I felt like this sticker was the driver's response to people who tried to strong-arm him into religion.

I think it's the humble, Christian love we share with others that brings them to Christ. Maybe that's the catch 22 of faith -- it's hard for a person to be humble about something for which a person has so much passion.

And I quickly admit I have trouble with the "humble" part.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said "oh well" because I'm not going to apologize for

Aug 26, 2014, 9:50 AM

"stepping on someone else's toes". You and I both know that you can get "eatin alive" by some on this board and have to have thick skin. Do I like stepping on toes? No, I don't but if someone if offended by my religious beliefs or my opinions. Just about everyone these days is "offended" by others opinions. Athetism is the fastest growing religion from what I hear. I have been through a lot these last four 1/2 years and I'm not going to lose my faith in God. Being "humbled" is hard to swallow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand. And, again, it's great you're resolute!***

Aug 26, 2014, 10:27 AM

The Charlotte Observer should look into UNCheat

Aug 26, 2014, 8:44 AM

I would be more worried about players being used by a university that does not care about their academics. Does the Observer have a real reporter that could do some investigation of what is going on in Chapel Hill, instead of being a shill for the FFRF ?

The guy that wrote the article in the Observer is UNC grad

Aug 26, 2014, 8:56 AM

... as are many reporters in Charlotte. Deflect and sweep it under the rug. UNC is never accountable. it does make you wonder what the "streak" would have ended at, if the UNC had played by the same rules.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney keeps faith in Clemson, but is he crossing the line?

Aug 26, 2014, 9:12 AM

Wow - The State is still in business??? Go figure.

What line, who drew it?***

Aug 26, 2014, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney keeps faith in Clemson, but is he crossing the line?

Aug 26, 2014, 9:53 AM

Can we keep this board free of state rag links?

null

If they put half that energy into something worthwhile ...

Aug 26, 2014, 10:00 AM

... say tracking down the corrupt education practices at UNC or the criminal element in Tallahassee, they might actually do the world a service.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic