Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The State: 10 reasons why Clemson won’t win the national championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

The State: 10 reasons why Clemson won’t win the national championship

Jun 23, 2016, 10:56 PM

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article85683537.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#storylink=rss

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10 reasons coots won't win it. 2016 record.......2-10.***

Jun 23, 2016, 11:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10 reasons SCar won't win the national championship

Jun 23, 2016, 11:10 PM

1. They aren't worth a crap.
2. See #1.
3. See #1.
4. See #1.
5. See #1.
6. See #1.
7. See #1.
8. See #1.
9. See #1.
10. See #1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#11: They have a home games against...

Jun 24, 2016, 6:15 AM

An FCS school. And we all know those are tuffies for the coots!

~JKB

Which State was that?***

Jun 23, 2016, 11:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The State: 10 reasons why Clemson won’t win the national championship

Jun 23, 2016, 11:16 PM

Sounds like this was written by a jealous coot!Talk about a butthurt reporter!Jeez!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Virtually all sports writers in SC

Jun 24, 2016, 8:25 AM

Are jealous coots or coot butt-kissers!

Re: The State: 10 reasons why Clemson won’t win the national championship***

Jun 23, 2016, 11:42 PM

Jun 23, 2019, 9:58 AM

All valid points...

valid Coot

Jun 24, 2016, 12:01 AM

^
^
^
^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 24, 2016, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: The State: 10 reasons why Clemson won’t win the national championship ]

Yes all valid points. I would wager if you studied every other team in the country you could probably come up with at least ten reasons they won't win the title. I would also wager we can come up with at least ten reasons why we will win the title.

Have they done 10 reasons SCAR won't make a bowl game yet?

tell em coot!

Jun 24, 2016, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: The State: 10 reasons why Clemson won’t win the national championship ]

is that you Manifold?

Jun 24, 2016, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: The State: 10 reasons why Clemson won’t win the national championship ]

Should I list the ten reasons USuC is the third best team in South Carolina? El Cid baby!!

I can erase

Jun 24, 2016, 6:33 AM

all ten of the reasons by saying "when they win"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jun 24, 2016, 8:27 AM

I only need 1 reason as to why the coots won't win the NC this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

10 reasons why USuC won’t win The State championship...

Jun 24, 2016, 8:42 AM

1. Deshaun Watson
2. Wayne Gallman
3. Mike Williams
4. Mitch Hyatt
5. Christian Wilkins
6. Ben Boulware
7. Dexter Lawrence
8. Austin Bryant
9. Dabo Swinney
10. But mostly...................Muscramp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Numbers 4,7,8 and 9 show just how hard they had to work to..

Jun 24, 2016, 8:45 AM

...come up with 10 reasons.

and #10 applies to every team in the country.

I get that they were going for 10 reasons we will win then 10 that we won't but it appears that, in reality there are 10 (or more) reasons that we could win it and maybe 6 that we won't.

The odds are in our favor.

TigerSmith '75 - pumping sunshine for 63 years and counting~

LOL..."South Carolina is rebuilding"...lol

Jun 24, 2016, 8:59 AM

Is that what they're calling it now !?!?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 24, 2016, 9:08 AM

All reasons given are excellent ... I'm impressed at this list as it is complete so far as I can ascertain.

The one point with which I take exception is the turnovers. Nothing is static and the likelihood that Clemson will have a poorer turnover standing this fall is low. How much improvement will we see? From a minus 2 in 2015 to anything plus is a reasonable expectation ... so that one point out of ten is - to me - one that will not adversely affect this squad.

No, I do NOT expect a Clemson NCAA Title. I can see Clemson making the playoffs (even if 11-1 and NOT the ACC Champion) but losing a semifinal and finishing 11-2. Neverthemore, I have lodging reservations for St Pete and the Title Game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Senkiw is not a Coot.

Jun 24, 2016, 9:35 AM

He's a Clemson beat writer for the Anderson Independent Mail just taking a devil's advocate view. Below are my reactions to his 10 reasons:

1. Special teams - Dabo vowed to fix it, so you know it will get a lot of attention. Huegel averaged more yds per KO than Lakip, and Groomes and Spence have had a season to work on getting the ball into the endzone. Still an area of concern but not enough to keep us from winning the Natty.
2. Trip to Tallahassee - Clemson’s talent level has risen to that of FSU, even better in some areas. We beat ourselves there the last 2 times; don’t expect that to happen again with cool-headed DW at the helm.
3. New secondary - Definitely an area of uncertainty, but plenty of talent on the roster who will gain valuable experience prior to the key game at FSU.
4. O-line’s injury luck - This is really worry-wart stretch. O-Line is more deep and talented than any time in Dabo’s tenure.
5. Turnovers - This stat is misleading. Last year we won all the games where we lost the turnover battle - App St, ND, FSU, Syracuse, USuC, UNCheat, OU. We won the turnover battle in the only game we lost. If the staff teaches one thing, it’s ball protection. Expect DW to improve on the 13 INT’s from last year. 7 of those last year were in the first 5 games.
6. House of horrors at GT - We were on our way to steamrolling them in 2014 when DW went down. The talent gap is even wider than them. This won’t be close.
7. Louisville inching closer - Comparing this team to the 2014 team? Seriously? Lousiville will be good, but not good enough to take down the Tigers in Death Valley.
8. Pass rush uncertainty - Are you kidding me? This is an NFL D-line.
9. Is the schedule too light? - USuC definitely drags down our SOS, but FSU, L’ville, NCSU, Pitt, and whoever we play in the ACCCG will be sufficient to get us serious consideration.
10. Everybody else - OSU and the PAC-10 champ should be more concerned about this than Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Maybe, but here's a pretty good article why do win it

Jun 24, 2016, 10:18 AM

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/6/21/11980362/clemson-football-2016-preview-schedule-roster

And honestly, this doesn't even discuss some players who will emerge/re-emerge this season---real difference makers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

This thread is full of the '####.

Jun 24, 2016, 10:40 AM

The same guy wrote another article with 10 reasons we would win the NC. He isn't a writer for The State but writes for Anderson Independent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#11 - Clemson may be hit by a medium size meteor and

Jun 24, 2016, 10:45 AM

be forced to cancel its football season.

You know meteor strikes run in cycles and it is about time that Clemson is hit by one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic