Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,670

The SEC

Dec 22, 2019, 12:44 AM

I’d love love to do a real, hard objective study of all the conferences and their history, including the way they have been perceived (meaning their image) and how they have performed historically.

I am fascinated by the SEC and the way it’s perceived, to be honest. For whatever reason, I get this idea of it being the “oddest” conference in college football, almost like it was haphazardly thrown together. Even it’s name - the “South Eastern Coast”, which includes teams not at all in the south (I.e Texas A&M, Mizzou, etc).

How does T-Net perceive the conference?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC

Dec 22, 2019, 3:10 AM

conference don't make a great team ask the lower midlands. 4-8 see you later alligator

Dec 22, 2019, 3:29 AM

ESPN makes them better than they truley are

Dec 22, 2019, 4:59 AM

The SEC is discussed more on TNET than it it on the SEC Network. Kudos to you for at least posting something other than "why the SEC sucks" or "conference don't matter - but we hate the SEC."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2019, 5:05 AM

I think it was as recent as 2016 or 2017 the acc had a dominant head to head and bowl record as well as won the Heisman and every major individual award.

Dec 22, 2019, 8:10 AM

It was 2016. ACC went 10-4 vs. the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2019, 8:18 AM

I’m so honored for you to have quoted me. Thank you.

Dec 22, 2019, 8:58 AM

SEC appears as it does because of a few sour grapes...go look up 'old SEC' on WIKI and you will get it...Arkansas was the first interloper because Broyles was tired of Arkansas losing to Texas and the fact that Royal and Texas supported Rice, SMU, Baylor, TCU in the conference! If you can't beat em then pull a Texas A&M and leave em...that's what happened...Missery could not beat Oklahoma and Nebraska so they bolted as well when promised SEC membership and Television money! When it's all said and done it is about money (and well you know) so they left for money...geographically you are correct...Arkansas, Texas Aggies, Missery are all west of the missip and therefore southwestern...and Kentucky is more midwest...anything south of the smith and wesson line is not really southern and Kentucky was a backstabber in the 'great war'! South Carolina joined the SEC because they wanted out from under the 800 SAT of the ACC...dumber the better in the SEC!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,670
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic