Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The QB Battle.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The QB Battle.....

Sep 17, 2018, 11:44 AM

Ok, so what do you think will happen this week versus GT with the QB snaps? Kelly settled the team in a tough A&M atmosphere two weeks ago, and Lawrence was the spark last week, and seems to be getting stronger as the season progresses. I personally am hoping to see Trevor go a long ways toward being the starter this week. Here is my reasoning: Kelly has pretty much hit his ceiling as a QB. He has a good knowledge of the offense. He's athletic and fast. However, he runs hot and cold as a passer, and his rpo decision making is very suspect and does not seem to be able to improve in this area for some reason. In my opinion, his physical abilities as a runner are greatly diminished by three things, 1. His rpo misreads and indecision 2. He doesn't seem to feel pressure in the pocket and have that knack for escaping it. 3. He doesn't have a lot of wiggle in his running style. Those three things seem to hurt our offensive efficiency as badly as his streaky passing. I have not seen much improvement in any of this areas. Trevor is a freshman. He is still adjusting to the speed of the game and more exotic defensive schemes. Those growing pains are hurting our offensive efficiency, but he is already playing even with Kelly on the field. He has all the skills in the world as a passer and is serviceable as a runner. Even as he makes mistakes, he is not indecisive and that breeds confidence on offense. Since he is already playing at least even with Kelly and has a much higher ceiling, I feel that we need to get him as much experience as possible to get him ready for late/post season.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If KB is healthy, I would predict that KB will

Sep 17, 2018, 12:04 PM

start and play the first 3 possessions. TL will come in and play the next 3. After that who knows.

First conference road game...I'm not going to be upset if KB leads the way. You know...the guy who put the team on his back at TAMU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Put the team on his back?***

Sep 17, 2018, 5:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The QB Battle.....

Sep 17, 2018, 1:18 PM

The formula is already in place. KB starts & then TL comes in. Nothing is going to change based on one’s potential ceiling. If one or the other takes over completely it will be that they’ve separated them self from the other on the field. So far that hasn’t happened.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 1:45 PM

Rumor is after his tackle on the INT. Ventables wants him to move to safety...

Sep 17, 2018, 5:38 PM

Lol. I can see why. That was a great form tackle.

Whitespace is your friend.

Sep 17, 2018, 2:16 PM

At the risk of being called racist I'll expound. We older folks have trouble transitioning from the end of one line to the beginning of the next. Here, let me show you how your post should have been presented.

"Ok, so what do you think will happen this week versus GT with the QB snaps? Kelly settled the team in a tough A&M atmosphere two weeks ago, and Lawrence was the spark last week, and seems to be getting stronger as the season progresses.

I personally am hoping to see Trevor go a long ways toward being the starter this week. Here is my reasoning: Kelly has pretty much hit his ceiling as a QB. He has a good knowledge of the offense. He's athletic and fast. However, he runs hot and cold as a passer, and his rpo decision making is very suspect and does not seem to be able to improve in this area for some reason.

In my opinion, his physical abilities as a runner are greatly diminished by three things, 1. His rpo misreads and indecision 2. He doesn't seem to feel pressure in the pocket and have that knack for escaping it. 3. He doesn't have a lot of wiggle in his running style.

Those three things seem to hurt our offensive efficiency as badly as his streaky passing. I have not seen much improvement in any of this areas. Trevor is a freshman. He is still adjusting to the speed of the game and more exotic defensive schemes.

Those growing pains are hurting our offensive efficiency, but he is already playing even with Kelly on the field. He has all the skills in the world as a passer and is serviceable as a runner.

Even as he makes mistakes, he is not indecisive and that breeds confidence on offense. Since he is already playing at least even with Kelly and has a much higher ceiling, I feel that we need to get him as much experience as possible to get him ready for late/post season....."

Paragraph composition matters little if the words are impossible to track from within one sentence. In effect, lack of whitespace makes a huge block of graphics which is indeciperable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rassist!***

Sep 17, 2018, 2:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Whitespace is your friend.

Sep 17, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Whitespace is your friend. ]

Your point is taken, and as a guy who writes articles that are published on blogs, I will tell you that I perfectly understand paragraph structure, but I'm afraid you will continue to be frustrated. I have to use a cell phone, and it is not conducive to pristine grammar, and furthermore, while I use whitespace in official articles, I will continue to be more lax in a forum.....I sure that with your obvious intelligence, you with get the jist of my posts if you try real hard. If not, forums are definetly not for you...

Re: Whitespace is your friend.

Sep 17, 2018, 3:54 PM

I'm

Sep 17, 2018, 5:35 PM

Has anybody noticed Trevor seems to have his feet in the way a lot on the zone read? His feet can’t be that much bigger than KBs. Need to get that straightened out before he can start.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic