Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The President has a little over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 464

The President has a little over

Aug 30, 2018, 8:11 AM

2 years to earn my vote in the next election, and I was thinking this morning what I would need him to do to get that vote. It actually is pretty simple, once I thought about it.

1. Articulate a clear stance against the slaughter of unborn children. He claims to have "changed his mind" about this, but I need him to say that it is murder, and that is why he changed his mind. Unless he does that, I do not believe him when he says that he is against the murder of the unborn. And that is an automatic disqualifier for my vote.

2. Publicly admit error in his public treatment of people, including political opponents, subordinates, and anyone else he has called names, belittled on social media, and attacked on a personal level. And stop doing it. How easy it would be to just never Tweet anything personally negative about a fellow American! What an example that would be to the rest of us!

I can't guarantee that doing those two things would earn my vote in a primary, because there may be other Republican candidates who I feel are better, even with the above improvements, but I am pretty much certain those two things would earn my vote in the general election.

I don't have any major policy hangups with the President, really. Certainly nothing I would consider to be a deal-breaker. I just need him to demonstrate the willingness and ability to be a quality leader of people, and to make me a believer in his anti-murder stance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol at #2

Aug 30, 2018, 8:26 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's a longshot, but I am not going to say

Aug 30, 2018, 8:28 AM

it's impossible.

Re: I think it's a longshot, but I am not going to say

Aug 30, 2018, 8:30 AM

the closest thing to an apology that he has ever issued was when he said "whoops" to Meghan Kelly

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has publicly said that he doesn't apologize...

Aug 30, 2018, 8:32 AM

Because he doesn't do wrong things. Of all the things he has said since being a candidate, that might be the absolute worst and disappointing on my list.

There is no greater strength in a person, or leader, than to recognize and admit weaknesses and mistakes.

He's a pharisee.

Aug 30, 2018, 9:13 AM

Along with most of America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Along with me, often.***

Aug 30, 2018, 11:10 AM

Only an honest man admits his struggle to be honest.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:03 PM

Word reflect a man's heart. That's why I won't last much longer here. I'm already out of kilter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#2 ain't ever going to happen bo

Aug 30, 2018, 9:11 AM

re: #1, I'm not sure what more he could do. He's said that overturning Roe is a litmust test for judicial appointments. Who knows what's really in his heart but his policy on abortion is second to none.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a matter of what he does...

Aug 30, 2018, 11:09 AM

On this topic...it's a matter of who he is. What's in his heart is the important thing. I can't know what's in his heart, and can only go by his words and actions. And until he demonstrates otherwise, he still doesn't mind the murder of the unborn, he just changed his policy on it to get votes from conservatives. That's very smart and practical for his political fortunes, but isn't enough, at least for me. I understand I am in the minority on this, even among religious conservatives.

Re: The President has a little over

Aug 30, 2018, 9:11 AM

1. I'll settle for his putting conservatives on the SCOTUS who recognize the religious right to not participate in abortions by being forced to fund them with federal tax money. I absolutely believe it is murder but until congress legislates law(s) which end(s) abortions I refuse to want abortions stopped by federal judges. We've had enough laws changed by judges to be wanting more legislation from the bench.

Imo, the American electorate have heard enough lies. I don't care how Trump addresses abortions I care about what he does. As I've said many times, which as far as I can tell this board fails to agree, I was raised to believe half of what I see and none of what I hear. Your post suggest that you would be satisfied with words or that words should proceed any actions by Trump.

IMO, he need to shut his stupid sounding mouf and stick with doing exactly everything he is doing other than talking.

Nothing he says will change my mind about him. He's a doodoo sammich on a stick when it comes to his rhetoric/BS but in actions he is the most honest man American has had in DC in my entire adult life for the campaign promises he's fulfilled. As I said, "Half of what I see and none of what I hear.

I'm sincerely sorry that we disagree.

I am in what I perceive to be a very small minority...

Aug 30, 2018, 11:12 AM

In that I believe the moral example the President sets is his most important job.

I honestly don't spend much time thinking about how the economy's doing, or what's going on in the Middle East. I spend a lot of time thinking about how Americans treat each other.

I admit, fighting back was about as useful as taking it...

Aug 30, 2018, 12:07 PM

in the grand scheme. All Trump did by fighting back is show that he's no better than those who are verbally abusing him. Well, there may be something to having them look at what he says and not what he's doing. That's how out of touch with reality Americans have become over the last couple decades.

There was a time when only sticks and stones could break bones. Now words are just as deadly.

So it looks like you'll be voting for someone else***

Aug 30, 2018, 9:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although I can't stand the two-party system...

Aug 30, 2018, 11:25 AM

It would feel nice to leave a ballot box having voted for a Presidential candidate that legitimately could win the election. The last time I did that was the first time I voted...2004 Bush. Whiffed on the 2008 election (not proud of that), voted Constitution Party candidate in 2012 and 2016.

Aug 30, 2018, 11:36 AM

As far as abortion, why does it matter what he really thinks? What if he just gives you judges that agree with your stance?

I am voting for a man...

Aug 30, 2018, 11:41 AM

not a collection of policies and promises. I must vote for a man who believes murder of the unborn is wrong. It's supremely important for me to be assured of this by any candidate I vote for.

Re: I am voting for a man...

Aug 30, 2018, 11:51 AM

Would you vote Dem even though we support the choice for abortion? We will also put a liberal judge given the opportunity. It seems maybe Trump would still be your best option if you want abortions illegal. I guess your 3rd option is to not vote. Right?

No, have never voted for a Democrat...

Aug 30, 2018, 11:54 AM

Would not rule it out, but they would have to pass the same "litmus test" in terms of their stance on the murder of the unborn.

As I said in other posts, I have voted "third party" in the last two Presidential elections, and though I hope not to, I would again.

Re: No, have never voted for a Democrat...

Aug 30, 2018, 12:00 PM

You will be voting 3rd party. I am glad you won't be voting Trump, but for the life of me I can't understand why you would take the chance of a liberal winning and waste your vote on a 3rd party. I would think the Supreme Court should be your top issue. I would think you would just vote Trump. I am glad you will not be though.

Re: No, have never voted for a Democrat...

Aug 30, 2018, 12:45 PM [ in reply to No, have never voted for a Democrat... ]

In certain situations the Bible allows for the murder of the unborn. Are you at odds with that?

Aug 30, 2018, 12:12 PM

I couldn’t get past the 2nd point of your post. Liberals have been slaughtering conservatives for years with made up insults. Finally someone stands up to the bs & you’re offended, #### off!

Not offended...just use it as a factor in my decision making

Aug 30, 2018, 12:15 PM

I have also never voted for those liberals you are referring to, so the same applies to them.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The President has a little over ]

Slandering rather than slaughtering would have been a better choice of words. Either way , moderate tolerance of more govt control, is stupid. The private sector wants honest profit for all. Some will cheat but they will Eventually be exposed.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The President has a little over ]

Slandering rather than slaughtering would have been a better choice of words. Either way , moderate tolerance of more govt control, is stupid. The private sector wants honest profit for all. Some will cheat but they will Eventually be exposed.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:44 PM

I apologize for being so abrupt, it seems clear to me , fla gov race, monkey, only a moron would be that dumb. What horse crap is this?

Aug 30, 2018, 12:45 PM

Lib rhetoric.

Aug 30, 2018, 1:08 PM

Lib rhetoric.

Aug 30, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: The President has a little over ]

Lib rhetoric.

You're a donor, yes?

Aug 30, 2018, 1:18 PM

So you don't need to reply to your own posts. Just edit your original post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like an idiot

Aug 30, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: The President has a little over ]

"Standing up to" people doesn't mean insulting them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 464
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic