Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Old Red Carpet,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

The Old Red Carpet,

Jun 16, 2020, 6:28 PM

known now as the Tiger Town Tavern, will be temporarily closed down. I think drinking on campus is not allowed, so that means that somewhere there will be a gathering this fall to party somewhere off campus. Please get permission before you do to curtail Fuzz interference. Just an old voice of experience trying to pass on some hard won lessons,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Old Red Carpet,

Jun 16, 2020, 6:33 PM

Yeah, i bet no doobie gets smoked either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 6:54 PM

Is that a red Nova SS?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 16, 2020, 9:35 PM

I can still feel my feet sticking to the cig' burned red carpet with god knows what chemistry happening. We could play Pong back against the back wall going to the rest rooms (but Nick's was the first to offer it - upstairs...)

Jun 16, 2020, 9:33 PM

I remember when part of that building had a green...large slot car track when it was popular...also rented out Susuki 60 to 90 cc motorcycles.....no Corono then!
Anybody remember that far back.....
Go Tigers!

Jun 17, 2020, 1:42 AM

I remember the Red Carpet for sure but not the slot car track! When was that?
Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 3:30 AM [ in reply to Re: The Old Red Carpet, ]

I loved the Red Carpet and remember going to the Slot Car Track but I thought it was farther down. I was just a kid then so I can not be sure about exactly where the track was but I thought it was closer to Barnett's Music.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 10:38 PM

Yep, this Corona virus chit just got real, now. Messing with one of the most hallowed of Clemson traditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 4:27 AM

They put the original Pong in the Carpet after they got rid of the GO-GO platform. Too many drunks tried to get up there with the performer. The front half was a cafeteria until 5PM., when they drew the curtain back. Pin ball machines were by the back wall.

That inaugural trip downtown my first weekend at Clemson was

Jun 17, 2020, 12:34 PM

a rite of passage. Beer and pizza at the old Study Hall, and then more beer at The Red Carpet Lounge.

I still say that if 18 is old enough to be indicted into the military, to fight and maybe die for this country, then it should be old enough t hoist a drink in her honor as well. But that's just me. The college experience has to be different for kids nowadays. Of course they still drink, but they have to sneak around to do it.

Re: That inaugural trip downtown my first weekend at Clemson was

Jun 17, 2020, 12:58 PM

Starting in '71 or '72, you could call over to Capri's (other side of the Study Hall) and they would call back to let you know it was ready for pickup. There was enough time to finish a pitcher, get the pizza, drink another while eating and then drink another. About that time it was time for the late movie. Oh, the days when it was cheaper to hitch hike home.

Yep, I remember more than one "northern" guy from my time

Jun 17, 2020, 1:19 PM

hitchhiking all the way from Clemson to New York during semester breaks, etc. They thought nothing of it. I siriusly doubt anyone much does that now.

Don't remember hitch hiking but I drove a number of

Jun 17, 2020, 2:31 PM

people home - normally just put up a sign

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That inaugural trip downtown my first weekend at Clemson was

Jun 17, 2020, 9:05 PM [ in reply to That inaugural trip downtown my first weekend at Clemson was ]

if you're in the military, 18 is old enough to drink.

and when was it a strip joint?***

Jun 17, 2020, 2:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and when was it a strip joint?***

Jun 17, 2020, 8:56 PM

Two girls danced alternately on a small stage . I can still remember their lime green panties .
They had a pretty good burger there too .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic