Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The November election is not Trump vs. Biden, or Pubs vs.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

The November election is not Trump vs. Biden, or Pubs vs.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:11 PM

Dems, as much as it is between mainstream media vs. the American people and their ability and desire to filter out the bullshat. Mainstream media is proudly, openly campaigning for Biden and the dems, and is in constant attack mode in an attempt to bring down Trump. Objectivity was out the window long ago. Journalistic integrity? Pfffft!. Destroy Trump, make sure Biden is elected. The upcoming election will be a test of mainstream media's power. They are running in this race right along side the dems. People will accept their narrative, or they will reject it. Should be interesting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Reporting on Trump being terrible is just reporting reality.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:26 PM

A representative from the White House task force just announced this morning on Meet the Press that everyone should wear masks or congregate indoors. Meanwhile Trump holds indoor rallies with no one wearing masks. Reporting those facts is not "campaigning for Biden." It's just reality.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

It's way beyond reporting, and you know it. It's a never

Aug 2, 2020, 12:36 PM

ending parade of pundits who hate Trump being given a platform to spew their vitriol. There is rarely a serious opposing voice - it's just an echo chamber of haters. Zero objectivity or interest in presenting another side. A total circle jerk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm sure you see it that way.***

Aug 2, 2020, 12:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Half of America sees it that way.***

Aug 2, 2020, 12:44 PM

- H. L. Mencken

I'm sure you think that, too.***

Aug 2, 2020, 12:59 PM

- Jonathan Swift

We'll see in November. It hillariously blew up in their face

Aug 2, 2020, 1:08 PM

last time.

- H. L. Mencken

You are misremembering history.

Aug 2, 2020, 1:14 PM

It blew up in the pollsters' faces, absolutely.

But last time around, every idiotic thing Trump did earned him oodles of free airtime because the American media had never seen a spectacle like him before in a presidential race and could not stop itself from capitalizing on it by giving it constant attention.

Now it's 4 years later, and we've seen what happens when those idiotic things get transported to the White House. The media is reporting reality, which is that he's without any competition the least competent person ever to comprise the Executive Branch of this country.

Now, to return to your response, you seem to have strayed off the point. We're not talking about who's going to win in November. I've already called it for Trump more than once. I'm talking about whether the media is somehow not doing its job when it reports on the utter shitshow currently occupying the White House. And I'm saying only a TDS sufferer (that's you) could possibly think that Trump is a poor little victim of the big mean media. Even Fox News calls him a ####### liar.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: You are misremembering history.

Aug 2, 2020, 1:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xN2la-XokU

- H. L. Mencken

Not even going to watch.

Aug 2, 2020, 1:30 PM

Rachel Maddow is not the MSM. Try again or you'll have to say that Tucker Carlson and Hannity are MSM too. None of those people are news reporters.

Please try again.

- Jonathan Swift

of those you listed

Aug 2, 2020, 3:42 PM

Carlson used to be an actual journalist back in 90's, now he just plays one on TV.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is hard to watch

Aug 2, 2020, 3:45 PM

I gotta be honest

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hannity is really the only one that I detest with a passion

Aug 2, 2020, 3:51 PM

but I tuned that crap off months ago, CNN became completely unwatchable. Now I get my news reading through the bickering in here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they all have gotten horrible....

Aug 2, 2020, 3:58 PM

Hannity, Ingraham, and they've doubled-down with Levin.

I don't listen to Limbaugh anymore. The times I do get him on the radio, I swear Trump is taking his marching orders from Rush. It's unbelievable.

It's a tough place to be in when you agree with the political position of these people, but you cringe when they make up stuff to support it. I've gotten to a point where I can spot the conservative lies quicker than the liberal ones.

It is freaking killing public discourse in this country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fox News gave The Great One a show??***

Aug 3, 2020, 9:54 AM

- Jonathan Swift

so get this....

Aug 3, 2020, 9:58 AM

Levin's show the other night was Levin interviewing Hannity.

I did not watch so I do not know what was said, but mind explode!

Whoa, he already scored a Hannity guest appearance?!***

Aug 3, 2020, 9:59 AM

- Jonathan Swift

yes, apparently Hannity is pushing a new book...

Aug 3, 2020, 10:03 AM

which I imagine is the same as other books with a new patriotic title that will net him millions from the old people. This seems similar to televangelist marketing.

I listened to Levin and Savage this week.

Aug 3, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to so get this.... ]

What the heck are they so angry about?

How does Levin yell for basically the entire time he is on air?

I get that its all a schtick, man, these are two mad dudes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Levin has been practicing that shtick forever.***

Aug 3, 2020, 1:05 PM

- Jonathan Swift

I've said several times that Levin and Savage have owned

Aug 3, 2020, 1:09 PM

the "angry Jew" schtick for a long time; I had no idea they could take it new levels.

I have no problem with reporting facts. I have a problem

Aug 2, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to You are misremembering history. ]

with only reporting facts which support an agenda, while ignoring facts that do not support that agenda. I don't have a problem with presenting opinions that are in opposition to Trump, but I do have a problem with not presenting, in a fair and unbiased way, counter opinions that are in support of Trump. I oppose powerful news networks abandoning objectivity, and instead, purposely attempting to shape the opinions of voters, in favor of one candidate over another.

- H. L. Mencken

I largely agree with that.

Aug 2, 2020, 1:41 PM

I think we differ on whether objectivity requires giving 50% positive facts about a guy as godawful as Trump. It would fail objectivity to try to skew reality in that manner.

- Jonathan Swift

I absolutely agree with that...

Aug 2, 2020, 3:12 PM

I'm good with 10/90 would love to get to 30/70.

Re: I absolutely agree with that...

Aug 2, 2020, 3:49 PM

I personally hate the terms "mainstream" and "conservative" media because it's the biggest lie that spin doctors have sold in awhile. Those terms are, in my opinion, dead wrong - there's the real media, and the media nullifiers that have successfully sold themselves as the "conservative media". (Their actual job is to blunt the effect real news used to have on people doing stuff they shouldn't.)

In reality, actual news reporters - even the Fox newsroom - do things exactly the same way: stuff of interest happens, and reporters and cameras sally forth to cover that stuff. They then report on it. The difference in straight news reporting doesn't change much unless you're one of the true goofballs at OAN.

The problem is, we're seeing a new thing the last decade: the "conservative media" - meaning, non-journalist pundits like Pete Hannity and Laura Ingraham and a whole raftload of Alt-Right "news" sites that have sprouted like mushrooms since 2010 - then react to that straight reporting to their viewers, often in realtime, denying or re-spinning it several hours after it happens and telling their viewers what really happened. It's a weird thing to witness, especially with Fox, as that straight news reporting morphs into night-time propaganda that seems to have literally not watched what came out of their own newsroom.

The pundits over at MSNBC and CNN have better journalistic credentials and a better track record with fact checks, but regrettably, they've been doing too much of the same thing, and have basically appointed themselves the voices of the Trump resistance. Check out the difference sometime between CNN and, say, NPR or BBC News, the difference in neutrality level is startling.

And in terms of bias, the real press has always been leftist, almost by definition. They are giving information about the doings of the wealthy and powerful to the masses, and they regard the doing of that as a public service - all leftist tendencies. Nothing wrong with that as long as it is clearly labelled, but they do need to be more aware of - and honest about - their slant. (This would go a long way towards bringing them back to center, IMHO.)

The other big problem the press has, in my opinion, is sensationalism, best personified by this picture of about a dozen journalists gathered around a single trash can set ablaze at Trump's inauguration:

Yeah, it pushes copy and hits, but it's also very akin to the boy crying wolf.

The media's excessive bias and tendency towards sensationalism are exactly what opened the door for the "conservative" media to metastasize like a cancer. It's going to take concerted effort to drive that cancer away...and it's not going to happen without first holding the real media to account for its bias and over-sensationalizing and finding some productive mechanisms to get them back closer to center and objectivity again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

excellent***

Aug 2, 2020, 3:52 PM

NBC and ABC, without a doubt, do the same thing. "Meet

Aug 2, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I absolutely agree with that... ]

The Press" and "This Week With George Stephanopooulos" are nothing but 1-hour attacks on Trump. "The Today Show" and "NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt" are much the same. Fox news only exists because of the ridiculously biased agenda so irresponsibly and diabolically crammed down the public's throats by NBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN.

- H. L. Mencken

Do you think editorial shows...

Aug 3, 2020, 2:26 PM

Just now started criticizing a president with President Trump? Do you really think they never did that with any other president before?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

If only there was legislation that required

Aug 3, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to I have no problem with reporting facts. I have a problem ]

newsrooms to spend an equal amount of time reporting on both sides of issues.

If only that legislation wasn't repealed to make way for Fox News

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine#:~:text=The%20fairness%20doctrine%20of%20the,honest%2C%20equitable%2C%20and%20balanced

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

We have enough laws.

Aug 3, 2020, 12:51 PM

We need less legislation, not more.

The marketplace will figure out which TV programs people want to watch.

Re: Half of America sees it that way.***

Aug 2, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Half of America sees it that way.*** ]

Less than half technically. He did lose the popular vote. In addition, he has been an immensely unpopular POTUS amongst all groups except his core constituency and they are not large enough to vote him in again on their own. Biden just isn’t as divisive to people as Hilary which sent folks in droves to Trump.

Also, the way Trump talks and behaves has probably inoculated the public against the types of gaffs Biden is prone to make.

That certainly doesn’t mean he can’t win again, just seems unlikely given how united the front against him is this time.

Charles Manson gets better press than Trump...

Aug 2, 2020, 2:58 PM [ in reply to I'm sure you see it that way.*** ]

I understand that Trump is the worst person in history so that is why there is zero positive press from the news organizations. Had a pop up earlier on my phone from CNN - something like "Trump's pull out of troops in Germany is a gift to Putin." I get confused. I thought we wanted less military.

Black people can't meet with Trump for any other reason than Trump is paying them. That meeting is only covered by Fox News. You would think the MSM would tell us about the Uncle Tom's who can't think for themselves. Seems like people would appreciate reporting the facts.

And, in contrast, just about everything Obama did during his presidency was pretty much lauded by the press.

I thought we had finally agreed that the media was biased...guess not.

Not much stir when Obama publicly calls out religious people or gun owners who have a different opinion from him. Nobody cares when Hillary calls people who vote for Trump deplorable. I guess if you agree with the condescension and insults they are fine.

Exactly.***

Aug 2, 2020, 6:33 PM

- H. L. Mencken

If you can't be honest, just stop replying***

Aug 2, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to I'm sure you see it that way.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahahaha, imagine if that rule applied to you.***

Aug 3, 2020, 9:42 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: The November election is not Trump vs. Biden, or Pubs vs.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:42 PM

Already tuning up your narrative for the big L I see.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read a little history

Aug 2, 2020, 12:48 PM

I’m getting sick and #### tired of pointing out this has been going on since Jefferson vs Adams

The only difference is you can lay on your couch and have it poured right into your ears instead of having to actually go out, get a newspaper and read it.

At no time in my life has mainstream media been so

Aug 2, 2020, 1:05 PM

overwhelmingly committed to and proactively engaged in bringing down a president, or ensuring the election of a particular candidate. This is far beyond a newspaper endorsing a candidate.

- H. L. Mencken

I'm 62, I've been around for a while, but Trump is the most

Aug 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

incompetent President we have had in my lifetime.

I'm 60 and I've never seen a president so devoid of human

Aug 2, 2020, 3:16 PM

decency or character. He thinks laws are meant only to constrain those who oppose his corruption.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are certainly welcome to that opinion. You may even be

Aug 2, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to I'm 62, I've been around for a while, but Trump is the most ]

right. If you owned a major news network, however, I'd hope you'd still give equal time to those who had an opposing view, instead of using your network to convince others that your opinion is the right one.

- H. L. Mencken

That will change if he is not re-elected***

Aug 3, 2020, 6:46 AM [ in reply to I'm 62, I've been around for a while, but Trump is the most ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure how anyone can forget Carter and the results

Aug 3, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I'm 62, I've been around for a while, but Trump is the most ]

of his economic policies.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^This is the best chance at a Trump victory.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:54 PM

While the Dumocrat opposition tries to win on a reality platform, you should just make #### up about Biden.

This is about WINNING for TRUMP, people. Trump does not need you to be honest!

- Jonathan Swift

Trump says to inject Lysol and eat fish tank cleaner!***

Aug 2, 2020, 3:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

what's being made up about Biden?

Aug 2, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to ^^^^^This is the best chance at a Trump victory. ]

Maybe I need to watch FOX news more instead of observing him speak in his press conferences.

The democrats have been working toward winning in 2020 since November 9, 2020 (which well they should). I just think the tactics kind of suck.

It's about WINNING for both sides. Honesty, lol.

See the post above mine.***

Aug 3, 2020, 9:56 AM

- Jonathan Swift

gotcha***

Aug 3, 2020, 10:06 AM

He makes no less sense than the rest of the Publicly

Aug 2, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The November election is not Trump vs. Biden, or Pubs vs. ]

Educated Liberals.

But that was for sure right #### funny. Kudos sir.

You sure it was a double latte...and not covfefe?***

Aug 2, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The November election is not Trump vs. Biden, or Pubs vs. ]

LOL. Yea, we get no BS to filter from the far right media.***

Aug 2, 2020, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems to be a little out of balance on my TV...

Aug 2, 2020, 3:05 PM

I'm not thinking anybody is arguing that there is no bias from right-leaning media.

On my TV, I got FOX and then there's CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC.

And, I everything I look at or read I am subconsciously, if not consciously filtering. It is a result of the times we live in. I am automatically skeptical of everything that I see - even right-wing propaganda.

Not to mention every newspaper, college, tv show, tv hosts,

Aug 2, 2020, 3:26 PM

nighttime e tv hosts, movi3

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

okay, now watch it...

Aug 2, 2020, 3:36 PM

because you will get your hand called on that.

newspapers I'm guessing are about 30/70. There are still some right-leaning newspapers in this country.

colleges - there are some private Christian colleges that still teach conservative views, although they are not absent of some liberal professors. Hard to weed them out.

tvs and movies - Hollywood is about as far left as you can get. But let's not forget the handful of conservatives (who aren't afraid to speak up). There are some.

I know I'm old, but there has always been political humor in the late night talk shows (including SNL). I just don't remember it being so biased and hateful.

Huh? Its 9 million to 1 channel

Aug 2, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to LOL. Yea, we get no BS to filter from the far right media.*** ]

fair fight

The Great White Hope & His Whining Party of Woe vs.

Aug 2, 2020, 3:13 PM

The Decent and the Sane.

Had to clean that up a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 8:21 PM

Even most of the liberals on this board have no idea they are victims of propaganda.

If you have an honest cell in your body, you have to admit that the effect of propaganda is well established. Right? Right.

No one is beyond succumbing to being told the same thing over and over and eventually believing it, while never noticing what happened.

Just like the Germans in the late 30s that were smart, moral people and fast-forward five years they are marching women and children into death camps believing they are doing the right thing.

This is you. THIS IS YOU! What makes you think you are exempt from it? You are not because us conservatives live in your bubble of the MSM media, but we can see it happening where you cannot.

The MSM and non-MS social media news sources are all telling you the same things.

If the MSM were truly neutral, the populous including many of you libs would see Trump as one of the best presidents ever. Can you dig it?

The truth hurts.

Aug 2, 2020, 11:58 PM

"Even most of the liberals on this board have no idea they are victims of propaganda."

That was quoted from another posting on this board.

That's hilarious!! Most reasonable people, that listen to ANY media other than Lying Limbaugh and/or FoxFakeNews are well-aware that TheRump has documented lies that are approaching, or have exceeded by now, 20,000, in less than 4 years. Unfortunately, you obviously believe those lies; and I get it, those lies are reinforced by FoxFakeNews, about 20 times per day.
TheRump has lied to you about minor items like "...the largest innauguration crowd ever." This was easily disproved by a single glance at the photos of the 2008, 2012, and 2016 innaugurations, that were taken by the National Park Service.
He lied to you about stupid stuff: "The coronavirus is a Democratic hoax." "There are only 15 cases of it, and soon there will be none." "It will go away when the weather warms up." Most voters can remember what he said in March; too bad that you can't remember what he said 4-5 months ago. It was people like you that he was lying to, to keep you going to work, buying goods, etc. He didn't give a daxn if you got sick and died.

And TheRump lied about the Ukraine money that he withheld. That was treason. And it showed the world (except for you Rumpies) that he could not be trusted.

When will Mexico send us a check for Trump's wall? You should be worried about the billions that he took from the Army, to build a wall that will be outdated and failing before it is complete. (For $1.5B, as offered by the Dems, we could have a great system of cameras, sensors, etc.., in place by now. Instead, he will waste hundreds of billions of dollars. He's always been a terrible, but crooked, businessman.

It's sad that TheRumpers have been conned. He was a master con-artist, but now he's just a senile and angry old man, that can't keep his lies straight. I get it. You're too embarrassed to admit that you have been taken. Your best way out would be to quietly fade away.

Aug 2, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The November election is not Trump vs. Biden, or Pubs vs. ]

"Even most of the liberals on this board have no idea they are victims of propaganda."

That was quoted from another posting on this board.

That's hilarious!! Most reasonable people, that listen to ANY media other than Lying Limbaugh and/or FoxFakeNews are well-aware that TheRump has documented lies that are approaching, or have exceeded by now, 20,000, in less than 4 years. Unfortunately, you obviously believe those lies; and I get it, those lies are reinforced by FoxFakeNews, about 20 times per day.
TheRump has lied to you about minor items like "...the largest innauguration crowd ever." This was easily disproved by a single glance at the photos of the 2008, 2012, and 2016 innaugurations, that were taken by the National Park Service.
He lied to you about stupid stuff: "The coronavirus is a Democratic hoax." "There are only 15 cases of it, and soon there will be none." "It will go away when the weather warms up." Most voters can remember what he said in March; too bad that you can't remember what he said 4-5 months ago. It was people like you that he was lying to, to keep you going to work, buying goods, etc. He didn't give a daxn if you got sick and died.

And TheRump lied about the Ukraine money that he withheld. That was treason. And it showed the world (except for you Rumpies) that he could not be trusted.

When will Mexico send us a check for Trump's wall? You should be worried about the billions that he took from the Army, to build a wall that will be outdated and failing before it is complete. (For $1.5B, as offered by the Dems, we could have a great system of cameras, sensors, etc.., in place by now. Instead, he will waste hundreds of billions of dollars. He's always been a terrible, but crooked, businessman.

It's sad that TheRumpers have been conned. He was a master con-artist, but now he's just a senile and angry old man, that can't keep his lies straight. I get it. You're too embarrassed to admit that you have been taken. Your best way out would be to quietly fade away.

Aug 2, 2020, 8:46 PM

It's about choosing between Trump and America. Couldn't be more simpler.

And by the way, the reason conservative media keeps bashing the MSM is because they're it's main competitors.

Believing that the "MSM" is this unified conglomerate...

Aug 3, 2020, 11:23 AM

Is naive and has a poor understanding of capitalism. The NY Times and the Wash Post are competitors. Major ones at that. They have been for decades.

CNN and MSNBC are not pulling for each others' success. They want to steal viewers from the other.

USA Today doesn't want to cede any ground to the Wall Street Journal.

If they all join together with some unified message, that would completely eliminate their goal of profiting. They are for-profit businesses. They don't want to be on the same team. That's like claiming Coke and Pepsi are sitting down together to make everyone drink the same soda.

And if anyone thinks logistically you can get all the major media outlets to sit down and agree on content every single day, well, that person needs to get sit in on just one budget meeting at a newsroom and listen to how editors and reporters can barely agree on anything in their own building.

Trump is an imbecile, a sociopathic leader, and one of the worst--if not the worst--president in our history. It's hard for any media source to sugarcoat that.

So no, this isn't MSM vs. the people. One of the most wrong statements ever made on this board.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Pardon my Gramma in that first sentence.***

Aug 3, 2020, 11:25 AM

They are defacto allies.

Aug 3, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Believing that the "MSM" is this unified conglomerate... ]

CNN started in with Trump early on in his campaign; I get it--Trump did a Trump and targeted CNN back, but its been a childish war of sorts since then. But Trump could cure cancer and CNN would find something wrong with it.

MSNBC is the liberal version of Fox, so obviously, they feel the same way.

As for actual news, CNN is just terrible. What isn't about Trump is so hyped and exaggerated that its almost not believable. I looked at their web page Friday and one of their stories was "Florida prepares for record breaking tropical storm". After reading 3/4 of the article, the actual record breaking part was it being named a tropical cyclone this early in the season with the letter "I".

Re: They are defacto allies.

Aug 3, 2020, 2:00 PM

I'm not defending the quality of the TV networks and agree with your CNN assessment. But I dismiss the absurd idea that the "MSM" is this giant creature that works as one unit to drive an agenda that somehow is detrimental to America or the people.

Also, the idea that it's MSM vs. American people is divisive and insulting. Journalists are part of the American people.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic