Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"But why don't they just vote?"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

"But why don't they just vote?"

Oct 16, 2019, 2:18 PM

Okay, here's a simple impeachment procedure primer with metaphors for the "Why don't they just go ahead and vote crowd?"

1. The impeachment inquiry is to determine if there is cause to hold an impeachment vote. Think of this as police detectives investigating a crime and determining if an arrest/charges need to happen, and if that needs to proceed to the prosecutor.

2. If the House Judiciary Committee votes to proceed with impeachment, think of the House vote (the one y'all keep calling for) as the prosecutor bringing the case before the grand jury to see if it proceeds to trial.

3. If the House votes to impeach, it moves to the Senate. This is the actual trial.

I know, I know. Hannity and Rush and Tucker are all eager to move the vote along now because they're worried some real, concrete evidence is going to be found. They know the longer this lasts, the more dirt will be discovered. But, you know, maybe don't listen to em? You look silly when you demand the vote to happen right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

The House Judiciary Committee?

Oct 16, 2019, 2:25 PM

The HJC isn't allowed to participate in this investigation. Matt Gaetz was thrown out of the proceedings two days ago when he attempted to participate. I think he's the ranking minority on the HJC.

Nothing about this is SOP for impeachment. Pubs can't call witnesses and the only information the public is getting are leaks which make the POTUS look bad. I've heard some of the pubs talk about this closed door investigation and they are not doing the leaking.

This is pure politics and exactly what the Founding Fathers sought to avoid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The House Judiciary Committee?

Oct 16, 2019, 2:30 PM

"SOP for impeachment"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 2:37 PM

Throwing a house judiciary committee ranking party member out of an impeachment inquiry which is traditionally held by the judiciary committee is standard operating procedure?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 2:45 PM

There is no SOP for this.

It went right over his head.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:47 PM

Again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nixon and Clinton.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: The House Judiciary Committee? ]

Sheet music.

Re: Nixon and Clinton.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:56 PM

You conveniently left off Johnson where nothing similar happened. Speaking of Clinton, remember when Republicans were sticklers about lying and obstruction of justice?

I heard about it everyday on the evening news.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:10 PM

I'm against lying altogether. I know Trump lies, Obama lied, Bush lied, Clinton lied, Bush Sr lied and Reagan lied. He promised to fix immigration and the dems lied when they told him 'You do this and we'll help fix immigration.

None of those lies broke the law. It's funny, we only care about lying when it's the other party doing it.

Johnson? Really? Do we still have a Tenure of Office Act? Did congress pass something into law that I missed?

Re: I heard about it everyday on the evening news.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:50 PM

"I'm worried about what the Framers intended." - You
"1867 was a long time ago and irrelevant." - Also you

Pelosi is handling this beautifully.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to The House Judiciary Committee? ]

Doing the right thing should bring political benefits.

Plus, given the apoplectic stupor that Trump and his minions are experiencing, it's just additional evidence House Democrats are on the right track.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me to Pelosi...

Oct 16, 2019, 2:38 PM

YOU GO GIRL!

Oct 17, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to The House Judiciary Committee? ]

The HJC isn't allowed to participate in this investigation. Matt Gaetz was thrown out of the proceedings two days ago when he attempted to participate. I think he's the ranking minority on the HJC.

Nothing about this is SOP for impeachment. Pubs can't call witnesses and the only information the public is getting are leaks which make the POTUS look bad. I've heard some of the pubs talk about this closed door investigation and they are not doing the leaking.

This is pure politics and exactly what the Founding Fathers sought to avoid.

Gaetz doesn't sit on either the House Oversight, Intelligence, or the Foreign Affairs committees who were holding the closed hearings. If he were a Democrat, not on the committees the Parliamentarian would have forced him to leave as well. Closed hearings are not open to all of Congress. It was a political stunt.

Finally, if you were being investigated by the IRS for potential tax evasion, they don't include you in their investigation unless it's through direct questioning. You have no right to daily updates of investigations into yourself or your associates. And you have no rights to question your accuser until at trial.

Everything about this process is SOP. They didn't vote to "begin" a impeachment inquiry into Bill Clinton or Richard Nixon until they had already done substantial investigation.

Stop letting Fox keep getting between you and facts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re step skipping.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:29 PM

The vote at hand isn’t to impeach. It’s to begin an impeachment inquiry, which oddly enough, is what they’ve said all along they’ve already begun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOP is holding this in plain sight of the public, the voters

Oct 16, 2019, 2:34 PM

In recent history the idea was to do the investigation in open so the public could have a voice in the due process.

If it's is 'like a grand jury,' then leaks are unlawful. Oh, it's not that much like a grand jury?

I think you are being naiive

Oct 16, 2019, 2:41 PM

they are playing politics

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

There is no denying the tactical benefits of Pelosi's

Oct 16, 2019, 2:53 PM

handling of the impeachment process.

If Democrats can benefit politically from doing the right thing, as they should, more power to them.

A politician considering politics. Shocking discovery.

Re: I think you are being naiive

Oct 16, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I think you are being naiive ]

Naive to realize they're not going to jump straight to a vote?

Do you remember how long Clinton and Nixon took?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Again I’ll ask,

Oct 16, 2019, 4:38 PM

Are you under the impression that the current house vote being discussed—-the one Pelosi is pumping the brakes on—-is the actual impeachment (do or don’t impeach Trump) vote?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I am not.***

Oct 16, 2019, 5:21 PM

Ok, thank you. So given that mutual understanding,

Oct 16, 2019, 5:42 PM

the first line of your post referring to "why don't they go ahead and vote" people doesn't make sense as you then go on to address the actual impeachment vote.

It's my understanding that most everyone saying "why don't they vote" is referring to the actual impeachment inquiry vote, which is a completely different animal and a reasonable request given that they're doing it anyway.

That's not how I'm reading these comments.

Oct 17, 2019, 8:02 AM

It seems they want to go ahead and proceed with the impeachment vote itself.

We're just reading them differently then....as I understand

Oct 17, 2019, 9:27 AM

it, most want the inquiry vote for two reasons....

1) to formalize it which should allow the Pubs on the committee to actually get in the game instead of sitting on the sidelines.

2) To put the dems "on the record", especially those who recently took seats in red districts.

LOL

Oct 16, 2019, 3:04 PM

4. The secret trial is not going well and she doesnt have the votes.

She had the votes two weeks ago.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:06 PM

things are going swimmingly. Did you just wake up?

sure sure, going great!

Oct 16, 2019, 3:08 PM

Michael McKinley is testifying as we speak. He was Pompeo's

Oct 16, 2019, 3:15 PM

senior adviser. He resigned on Friday so he could testify today. We've had a different witness each day this week. Fiona Hill, Trump's former top Russia Adviser who resigned so she could testify, testified for 10 hours.

Trump and the White House have tried and tried to obstruct the investigation, but witnesses continue to disregard them and testify.

Public support for impeachment continues to grow.

So, yes, things are going swimmingly.

I don't think she has the vote either.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to LOL ]

I believe the dems from districts which Trump won met with voters on the break and got woke. When they returned to DC they informed the speaker.

This investigation prevents many dem candidates from facing primary challenges by the radical left. It also hides the blue dogs who can no longer support impeachment. If they don't vote, folks at home will be happy.

Most of all, this inquiry is designed to stay the political repercussion from the IG report which is coming soon (so they say). Durham seems to be dragging but I'm guessing the political timing isn't quite mature enough to really damage the dems yet.

Trump is hinting that Obama is involved in the origin of the Mueller witch hunt.

If nothing else this seems to be quite entertaining.

the only shining light is that Lindsey

Oct 16, 2019, 4:14 PM

has received a priceless education about how reaching across the isle really works

Re: "But why don't they just vote?"

Oct 17, 2019, 8:05 AM

Image result for banging head against wall gif

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

I like your funny words magic man

Re: "But why don't they just vote?"

Oct 17, 2019, 9:21 AM

1). Wrong. The full house votes to begin an impeachment inquiry before anything else. They did it with Nixon and Clinton. Impeachment proceedings follow in a separate vote.

3). Correct. But this is not the case here. The intelligence committee (Schiff) is running the show, not the judiciary, where it should be.

This whole thing is way outside of normal protocol for a reason. And the WH spy with 3rd party gossip (should not be allowed) won’t even be cross examined now that Schiff said his/her testimony won’t be necessary. This is not a judiciary impeachment, it’s a coup.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am loving this weak-sauce frustration of Republican Trump

Oct 17, 2019, 11:07 AM

humpers.

You guys may want to step away from the vape pen before it kills you.

LOL. "Coup"***

Oct 17, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: "But why don't they just vote?" ]

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic