Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Five Power 5 Undefeated Teams vs. Power 5 Schools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,749

The Five Power 5 Undefeated Teams vs. Power 5 Schools

Oct 14, 2018, 6:12 PM

You can hit the google to find the new rankings....but thought I would lay this out there to cut through the eye candy of big wins vs. bad teams when you are trying to sort through which teams area actually good and which are great..

If you look at the record of the Power 5 undefeated teams vs. other Power 5 schools (excluding the Directional State opponents each played) you get an interesting perspective in why you should not judge teams (yet) on what they have done in first half of season.

Alabama's Power 5 wins are against opponents who are 6-12 against other Power 5 schools.
Ohio State's Power 5 wins are against opponents who are 4-15 against other Power 5 schools.
Notre Dame's Power 5 wins are against opponents who are 11-9 against other Power 5 schools.
Clemson's Power 5 wins are against opponents who are 5-7 against other Power 5 schools.
NC State's Power 5 wins are against opponents who are 3-3 against other Power 5 schools.

So, somebody who looked at the rankings of these 5 teams based on who they have played, you could make the argument that Notre Dame should be #1.

But you could certainly make the argument that both Alabama and Ohio State have both feasted on bad football teams so far this year. And for that reason, I am not sold that either will go through the regular season undefeated as they have plenty of "meat left on their bone" per their schedules.

Clemson, I still believe, is the only team that will go undefeated in regular season + conference championship game.

And, I would not give Clemson more than a 70% chance to do that.

Winning every game is tough to do. Which is why it rarely happens.

Message was edited by: Scott_Rhymer®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good take, Scott

Oct 14, 2018, 9:25 PM

BTW, my wife and I enjoyed meeting you at Last Resort.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Much appreciation for coming by! Great meeting you both

Oct 15, 2018, 5:38 AM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Five Power 5 Undefeated Teams vs. Power 5 Schools

Oct 14, 2018, 9:41 PM

So are you predicting a pizza party???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Five Power 5 Undefeated Teams vs. Power 5 Schools

Oct 14, 2018, 9:59 PM

Let’s not fool ourselves and look at this with orange colored glasses. You can only play who you are scheduled to play. Bama (and I hate to say this) has taken care of business against everyone. ND has been fairly lackluster. VT and Stanford are mediocre teams and we all know it.

Our Tigers have had a couple of close calls while they figure things out. Hoping that these were out hiccups this year and we got wins out of them as opposed to losses. Looking forward to peaking at the right time and more experience to knock off Bama.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,749
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic