Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charone Peake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Charone Peake

Jul 28, 2014, 8:14 AM

Do we expect him to start now at UGa , with this latest setback on his knee ? I have no interest in running a frosh wide reciever out there but if he doesn't play that may well be the case.
Who starts ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

he'll have 3 weeks of practice before the game

Jul 28, 2014, 8:18 AM

if all goes well so i expect peake to be ready.

if peake can't go & ghop has gotten his head right for fall camp, then i expect hopper starts.

we deep in numbers & talent, thin in exp.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he'll have 3 weeks of practice before the game

Jul 28, 2014, 8:31 AM

Charone Peake went to have a scope done to remove the scar tissue. It is a normal procedure to be done after a major knee surgery. Just before the surgery he was running a 4.2 or 4.3 in the 40. It is a scheduled process to be done after the physical therapy. Nothing to be too concerned about. However, a knee injury is more prone for Charone now that he has injured it once already.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Charone Peake

Jul 28, 2014, 8:30 AM

I thought we had some amazing frosh WR's. What's wrong with that? I think Sammy Watkins was a frosh once. If I remember, he lit up some folks.

btw: Last time I checked - Adam Humphries still played for CLEMSON. He (arguably) has the 'best' hands on the team IMO. I ain't skeered o' no Dawgs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2014, 8:39 AM

Does removing scar tissue classify as an actual injury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2014, 8:47 AM

I figured it was maintenance on his knee , but coaches and trainers will sometimes understate these types of things.
I hope he is 100% against the Dawgs , because he had a great start against them last year if memory serves and I dont know if he and Humphries and Leggett and big Mike can all be covered at the same time ...by anyone.
The freshmen are looking good so I hear , but lets not make Sammy Watkins comparisons just yet , lol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 28, 2014, 9:00 AM

Actually - I was JK about the Watkins comparisons, but the good thing about freshmen is that there is no way to really study them prior to playing against them. Maybe HS film, but that's a stretch IMO.

Anyway - we'll see how Peake does in Fall Ball (starts this week).

The FR WRs better be putting in the effort... If his commit

Jul 28, 2014, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Charone Peake ]

holds (and I see no reason to believe otherwise), Cain is going to be an instant impact player...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The FR WRs better be putting in the effort... If his commit

Jul 28, 2014, 9:30 AM

I couldn't agree with you more...there is no way he will not be on the field next year...he is going to be a beast. Another guy people are forgetting about that I think is going to be a game changer is Thompson

Re: The FR WRs better be putting in the effort... If his commit

Jul 28, 2014, 9:58 AM

I would think Seckinger can be moved back to WR as well...

You can't coach height and he could provide a great possession WR to contrast the athleticism of some of the other WRs IMO.

Seckinger

Jul 28, 2014, 10:36 AM

may very well move to the receiver position, especially if Leggett and Cooper get the job done at TE. IF he can block as well as Humphries, this could be one of the Tigers real strengths. Peake remaining healthy and not allowing the threat of another injury affect him mentally will be a must also. Williams will definitely be a big time player by mid season if not before. The running back situation will be solved IF the front line plays great. That is my only concern about the offense.

Let's not forget about the bevy of super talented

Jul 28, 2014, 10:41 AM

TEs that we'll be throwing out there as well. I want Peake to be 100% just like the rest of you, but we are not lacking in firepower, contrary to what superdawg may tell you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic