Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Elephant in the room for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,536

The Elephant in the room for

Oct 14, 2017, 9:59 AM

Me... not just last night but all season, our DBs seem to be grabbing and holding Way to much when they are in position to turn and make a play on the ball. Fields has had some good moments and Muse plays with all he has. Just seems to me the technique is not as sharp this year and last night caught up to us with the flags.

That plus, sloppy Oline play and the two missed field goals cost us in my opinion. All can be corrected and we still have a shot at playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Elephant in the room for

Oct 14, 2017, 10:02 AM

Plus we were way outplayed in every phase of the game and out-coached.
Last night, they were by far the better team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Elephant in the room for

Oct 14, 2017, 10:13 AM

I have to disagree with you. Last year we led the nation in PI calls and way too much "hands" by of DBs. This year has been much better, but last night they did revert back to some of the stuff they did last year. Both Fields and Tanner cost us a touchdown and neither played very well .....along with many others.

How can out field goal kicking be corrected? Spence has been at Clemson a long time and I doubt that he is any better now than when he got here. I guess he works in the weight room, but I can't imagine us having recruited him to play here if we didn't think he could kick the ball to the end zone ..... at least after a few years of getting stronger. Kicking also takes a certain type of personality that doesn't get rattled easily or succumb to pressure. Maybe he just doesn't have that. Not knocking the young man, as most of us are not wired that way, We are going to have to live with it, or find someone who can kick!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,536
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic