Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Devil You Know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

The Devil You Know

Jan 2, 2017, 1:55 PM

The devil you know - Kiffin

The devil you don't know - Sarkisian

I'd rather face the devil I know. Our Coaches are Pros, hopefully they know both of these devils.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Devil You Know

Jan 2, 2017, 1:55 PM

Excellent point!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can't change their playbook in a week, but they can

Jan 2, 2017, 2:00 PM

change the play calls. It is not going to matter. It is still the same offensive players.

All this does is give the Bama fans an "excuse" after we win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 2:03 PM

I wouldn't.

Kiffin's a ####### but quite frankly he's smarter than Sark. Kiffin was the one who spotted some flaws in our secondary last year and drew up those plays in the dirt that ultimately sprung OJ Howard - he literally came up with those in mid-game.

Sark is not that guy. People close to him have actually been more than a little taken aback how gameplan-savvy he isn't; he put ill-advised clunker after all-advised clunker on the field with Southern Cal and it wasn't just because he was drunk a lot. He's a name, a recruiter, a pretty good people-manager...he is not a tactical brain like Kiffin is. He was the dealing-with-people front end of the old USC offense; Kiffin was always the brains.

Sark's not going to have a superbright game plan on. He'll be by the numbers and conservative, and with his reputation in tatters he's going to do exactly as he's told by Saban.

Stack the box, stack the box, and stack the box some more. Take away the cheap and easy throws that we know Jalen Hurts likes. There won't be an elaborate Plan B or brilliant counter; Sark is not that coach.

Jan 2, 2017, 2:09 PM

All I know about Sark is what I can look up on google. I hope you're right. If you are right, Sark will immediately skyrocket to the top of my all time favorite Coaches. ??????????

Interesting, but how do you know all of that?

Jan 2, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The Devil You Know ]

You gave the impression those statements were facts.

I know Kiffen was Alabama's OC last year, but how do you know he was the one who spotted the Howard plays, and how do you know they weren't in the playbook prior to the game?

Sarkisian obviously had a drinking problem, but where have you read anything suggesting people close to him said he's not a good gameplanner or good offensive mind?

Stopping the run is priority no matter if it's Kiffen or Sarkisian, but I'm more so thinking Sarkisian may add a wrinkle or two we haven't seen. His adjustments will likely be different than Kiffen's as well - another unknown.

Re: Interesting, but how do you know all of that?

Jan 2, 2017, 2:40 PM

> You gave the impression those statements were facts.
>
>
> I know Kiffen was Alabama's OC last year, but how do
> you know he was the one who spotted the Howard plays,
> and how do you know they weren't in the playbook
> prior to the game?
>
> Sarkisian obviously had a drinking problem, but where
> have you read anything suggesting people close to him
> said he's not a good gameplanner or good offensive
> mind?
>
> Stopping the run is priority no matter if it's Kiffen
> or Sarkisian, but I'm more so thinking Sarkisian may
> add a wrinkle or two we haven't seen. His adjustments
> will likely be different than Kiffen's as well -
> another unknown.

I would google and cite for you...homey, but you've got that combative troll smell to you and I just plain don't feel like it.

If you doubt my bona fides, more power to ya. Doubt away; I truly do not care.

Combative troll is an incredibly childish thing to say.

Jan 2, 2017, 2:54 PM

Please save the overly sensitive, baseless namecalling. Why even go there? Are you really that sensitive when your "bona fides" are questioned? I'm sure you have good intentions and that's all well and good, but I simply asked if you could cite how you know all that stuff. So far you've cited nothing but a feel good story. If that's all it is, then okay. But don't feel attacked for no reason.

Me, I'm concerned that Sarkisian could add new wrinkles and unknown adjustments. I think they will throw all sorts of new looks at us next Monday, and personally I think my opinion makes more sense then your feel good story. Do you think it was by plan that Alabama kept things so vanilla against UW? I do.

How about you just show a google reference legitimately backing up your statement that it was Kiffen and Kiffen alone who came up with the Howard plays in the dirt? That's fair, right? Until then, I tend to think those plays were likely in the pregame planning and were planned adjustments.

Re: Combative troll is an incredibly childish thing to say.

Jan 2, 2017, 3:00 PM

Good God you're trying so hard not to act like DSP it literally hurts to watch.

;)

Quite a trick, too, getting a login handle from the day before He Who Shall Not Be Named finally got the banhammer. Then again, trolls who feel the hammer coming down usually do create an insurance policy, too, so there's that.

As for the rest: dude, it's out there, and not even particularly privileged info.

LOL. Are you 12?

Jan 2, 2017, 3:07 PM

So then, you've got nothing but a feel good story, which again, is all well and good. But please stop pretending otherwise.

Re: LOL. Are you 12?

Jan 2, 2017, 3:11 PM

> So then, you've got nothing but a feel good story,
> which again, is all well and good. But please stop
> pretending otherwise.

...and there he is.

Was wondering when you'd pop up again, DSP. A devoted troll is like crabgrass, you never do truly eradicate 'em.

And now I will resume ignoring you. See ya around 'till your next ban, 'kay?

Dude, you've got nothing. Please stop embarrassing

Jan 2, 2017, 3:14 PM

yourself. I never intended to hurt your feelings or troll you in any way. Sorry about your emotional immaturity, but obvious is obvious.

Thanks for the feel good story. Go Tigers!

Jan 2, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. Are you 12? ]

Somewhat in the same vein as he who shall not be named, but definitely different writing style. Would've been way more condescending coming from the banned 1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 3:29 PM

> Somewhat in the same vein as he who shall not be
> named, but definitely different writing style.
> Would've been way more condescending coming from the
> banned 1.

He's masking it...but it's him. Take it from another writer. Inflection, subject-to-modifier-to-verb structure, delivery...it's toned down, but trust me, it's the same guy. Think Deep Voice, the same way Mel Blanc was both Bugs Bunny and Foghorn Leghorn and almost every other character on Looney Tunes even though they don't sound remotely similar.

Also, the timing of the initial login is just too similar. DSP got himself banned after having a few too many during the Louisville game and that was 10/1 per the schedule on the front page, this joker first logged in on 9/30 and DSP was on triple-secret probation and very hot water even then. Stands to reason he'd have created himself a backup when he felt the Hammer of Crump descending; this was not DSP's first trip around the Karma Wheel. His alter egos have been banned here before.

He also didn't trouble himself to quibble with any of the particulars because he knows there's no point.

Nah, he's out, for what it's worth. Doesn't matter; he'll have a new handle logged in and ready to go tomorrow. So it goes, with trolls.

You wanna know the funniest thing from all of this?

Jan 2, 2017, 3:34 PM

You said you didn't care.

Again, thanks for the feel good story, bro'. Hopefully Sarkisian is drunk and/or has no magic dirt plays, because otherwise he knows nothing about football.

no, the funniest thing is he's right about you***

Jan 2, 2017, 3:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Homey questioning Q's 'bonafides' - thats funny.

Jan 2, 2017, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. Are you 12? ]

surely don't spend too much time on Tnet does he/she...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true.

Jan 2, 2017, 3:54 PM

His "bona fides" are all well and good. I'm sure he's sincere about his opinion and feelings, however, I don't think Sarkisian is going to be sitting up in the offensive booth picking his nose listening to Saban call plays all day.

I think Sarkisian does know some things about offense and will have different play calls and adjustments then what we know from Kiffen. That's what the original poster insinuated as well.

Heck, I hope Saban does try to be his own offensive coordinator. I just HIGHLY doubt that will be the case. I'll be interested to see what our staff has to say about it, but I doubt it will be a concern over Saban taking the playcalling reigns.

Jan 2, 2017, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting, but how do you know all of that? ]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/01/12/lane-kiffin-nick-saban-college-football-playoff-alabama-clemson/78671788/

I knew I heard the same thing about Kiffin drawing plays up in last years natty. Read for yourself

I'll buy that, but the article says it was one 63 yard play.

Jan 2, 2017, 3:46 PM

The other guy said Kiffen drew up those plays in the dirt. It appears there was one play involved. So okay. In an article I read Saban said Howard was a bigger part of the game plan the previous game and going into the championship, and he did have 3 catches including a 41 yarder against MSU.

But again, Sarkisian is not an idiot (when not drunk), and he's fully capable of coming up with some new wrinkles on his own. His thought processes and adjustments will be different than what we know as well. Suggesting Saban will be calling the offense and runs up the middle all game is unsupported.

so you wanted proof, you got it, and now you are changing

Jan 2, 2017, 3:51 PM

your argument? Where have I seen that before...sure looks familiar

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that's one play. "Plays" is plural. Suggesting Kiffen

Jan 2, 2017, 4:05 PM

drew up plays in the dirt was an incorrect statement. That one play doesn't address the topic being discussed, it doesn't add credence to the suggestion Sarkisian doesn't know offense, and it doesn't add credence to the suggestion Sarkisian is along to simply pick boogers and nod his head in agreement to Saban's up the middle run calls. I'm suggesting that's a trap we don't want to fall into, and I bet our staff will agree.

Like the OP said, we have studied and know the previous playcaller, and one week prior to the game that playcaller is gone to be replaced with an unknown. Maybe not a humonguous concern, but noteworthy nonetheless. I don't think it can be written off as suggested.

Do you EVER admit when someone else is right?

Jan 2, 2017, 5:55 PM

It's okay if you are wrong on occasion. We all are. But please, for the love of all things good, stop arguing your point. YOU'RE WRONG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Um, yes? I'm honestly not sure what you're referring to, and

Jan 2, 2017, 11:38 PM

..what are you saying I'm wrong about anyway?? I'm sorry if it offends you, but I don't think Sarkisian is a complete idiot with no offensive knowledge, and I don't think Saban will be his own offensive coordinator when they play us. I think the fact we're facing an unknown we haven't played or studied is a worthy point of discussion, and he's not to be written off as a drunken buffoon as was suggested. How is that "WRONG" ? And while you're at it, what's up with the hostility?

Jan 2, 2017, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting, but how do you know all of that? ]

What's with the TopTenHoney after all?

That lady needs to take it outside. SMH

Jan 2, 2017, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: The Devil You Know ]

Agreed. Thanks for the post Quozz.

Jan 2, 2017, 3:01 PM

Kiffin is one of the top two play callers in football.....this will definitely hurt Alabama.

Sark has been there for many weeks.

Jan 2, 2017, 3:02 PM

If he had anything to contribute Saban has extracted it from him long before now. Relax, it will help you fart and all the fear will go away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sark has been there for many weeks.

Jan 2, 2017, 6:11 PM

Sark has been there but has not had any on field contact with players ., Ever heard him Speak ???
I think he will have trouble communicating with Hurt .

We should make up some new signs for the sideline with Patron , Jack Daniels , Absolute ETC
Maybe drop some mini bottles on their sideline .

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic