Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The DK Personal Foul: "a no call"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The DK Personal Foul: "a no call"

Sep 22, 2019, 12:02 PM

Unless DK said something to the player that was 7 yards out of bounds with him; "but still being physical with him"; that should have been a no call.
He basically just aggressively swiped his hands away from him and walked away.

Probably my bias(Rock Hill/South Pointe) but my goodness you see a lot more physical plays after whistles than that all the time. Including in the game last night with linemen coming over knocking guys down after whistles which is supposed to be called.

Had he thrown a punch; which he didn't I would feel differently. But, felt that was worthy of nothing from the official. Maybe stopping them both and telling them to knock it off, "maybe".

You have to let the other player know you won't be able to "just dictate terms with you"! Swiping their hands away after they have clearly carried on after the whistle - not too far in my opinion.

Just one posters opinion. Wondering if anyone out there like me have seen far more egregious hand fighting "not called"?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The DK Personal Foul: "a no call"

Sep 22, 2019, 12:27 PM

I trust Dabo's reaction and judgement on this play, but it look like a double foul on tv.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 12:34 PM

I don't think Dabo actually saw what happened. I think when they all sit down and watch the video things will become clear it was an over-reaction penalty!
It's true the 2nd player gets caught - but caught swiping another players hands off of your shoulder pads 7 yards out of bounds should be no less than a double foul.
Again - no punch and it didn't appear to me he had a chance to say anything.

The only thing that "must have happened" was that DK had been warned or something that anything even the slightest would result in a penalty. B/C on legal passing plays they allow that much hand fighting!

Sep 22, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The DK Personal Foul: "a no call" ]

It was needed. I’ve seen DK handfight and get in post play scuffles the first 3 games of the year too. Rather he get flagged for it last night in a blowout then later down the road.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 12:32 PM

The last move I saw DK make was a punch thrown with the right hand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Sep 22, 2019, 12:39 PM

I didn't see a punch; but an aggressive swipe away of the player that was still getting after him well out of bounds.
I'll go back and look or hopefully it can be posted.

If he punched he deserved every bit of that chewing and to be taken out b/c that extended their scoring drive where they got the FG.

Sep 22, 2019, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The DK Personal Foul: "a no call" ]

The ref didn't see a punch or he would have been ejected. The ref didn't suspect a punch or it would have been reviewed.

Sep 22, 2019, 1:30 PM

Can someone post the link?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 1:35 PM

I'm all for defending our guys. But that was a punch. At first I was thinking the ref overreacted to. But then they showed the replay and I was like yep he deserved that personal foul flag. Sorry my.man. Our player was in the wrong. It happens and coach will fix it.

Sep 22, 2019, 2:19 PM

Yes. I don’t remember when it was in the game but a Charlotte lineman literally slammed our players head in ground after the whistle had been blown but obviously the refs didn’t see it because it would’ve been called a personal foul. Anyways GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic