Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Committee contradicts itself so much it’s laughable
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The Committee contradicts itself so much it’s laughable

Nov 6, 2019, 7:23 AM

When it comes to Alabama the “eye test” always wins out for them. Remember 2017 when they had one of the worst strength of schedule’s and they slipped in without a conference or even division title?

Same thing this year. I would have no problem If the committee ranked Penn St. 3rd and Alabama 4th.

Georgia got the benefit of the doubt as well. While we were punished for a close WIN at UNC they were not for a LOSS at home to a terrible South Carolina team and they sit as the highest ranked one loss team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC has highest ranked one loss team and TWO highest

Nov 6, 2019, 7:29 AM

Ranked two loss teams

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Committee contradicts itself so much it’s laughable

Nov 6, 2019, 7:38 AM

I think Penn St belongs at 3 as well. Lets also remember this. 2 plays 3 this weekend, and currently 1 plays 4 in a couple weeks. I cant help but think there may have been some TV rating consideration in this.

Nov 6, 2019, 7:43 AM

my only irritation is that it knocks us out from our 25 week straight appearances in the CFP top 4.

Nov 6, 2019, 7:41 AM

what is laughable is that you guys get all worked up when the 4 teams in front of us still play each other. If we just do our job we will finish no worse than 2nd. The CFPC pretty much set up a blueprint for how this season will end, with each of the relevant teams in control of its own destiny.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 11:58 AM

This proves the possibility that the committee would put in one of the four teams in front of us with one loss if that loss is to one of the other top 4 teams.

Agreed......they would've been spot on had it been........

Nov 6, 2019, 7:45 AM

1 Ohio State
2 LSU
3 Penn State
4 Bama or Clemson (personally give the edge to Clemson just b/c their opponents have a better worse record than bamas, but either way doesn't matter)
5 Clemson or Bama

I don't have an issue with UGA b/c they have beaten Notre Dame (currently ranked) & UF (currently ranked)............many Clemson fans forget 2016 when we lost to an UNRANKED Pitt team AT HOME and only dropped from 2 to 4 b/c we had beaten Louisville & FSU who were respectable at the time..................Same with UGA.

even more so with baylor

Nov 6, 2019, 12:00 PM

they talked up sched and so on..meanwhile baylor is undefeated..and has beaten two of their top 25..all the while aubrn and florida both with 2 loses are ahead of them..they make up the criteria as they go along for different teams

Re: even more so with baylor

Nov 6, 2019, 12:06 PM

You're right there is no objectivity and the fact that Oklahoma is ranked ahead of Baylor proves they factor in the "brand". Baylor beat the team Oklahoma lost to handily.

It looks like they are doing a 60-40 eye test/resume

Nov 6, 2019, 12:07 PM

LSU has the best resume, but OSU goes ahead, Penn State has the better resume, but Bama goes ahead.

Oregon has the better resume, but UGA goes ahead.

Eye test is crap.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic