Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Clowney Propaganda That is Going on.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

The Clowney Propaganda That is Going on.....

Aug 20, 2013, 7:18 AM

There is no question that Clowney is a great player, but they are taking his hype to a new level....The sports media is putting him on such a high pedestal that when he falls, it will be a hard fall...

Here is the reality of Clowney's hype as I see it:

Clowney's "unstoppable" activities in practice are the results of essentially having a "red jersey" on him...Does anyone think that Clowney's team mates are really getting after him or is he seeing very vanilla schemes? Any player that wants to stay on that team knows to protect Clowney....so of course he is going to look like a beast in practice......

If Carolina returns to their old ways and drops 3-4 games and is out of the SEC hunt, I suspect Clowney will develop some lingering injury that will keep him out for the rest of the year.....to protect himself for the NFL.

He is a great player, but there is a bit of a fraud being perpetuated on people right now....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: The Clowney Propaganda That is Going on.....

Aug 20, 2013, 7:25 AM

There is as much Clowney "propaganda" here on this board as anywhere else. The only "fraud" being committed is not admitting he is a great player and continuing to trash talk him for no reason other than he has had a lot of success against the Tigers. Had he come here, there would be just as much adulation for him in Clemson as there is in Columbia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How's the Cootlumbia Ballet?***

Aug 20, 2013, 7:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2013, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: The Clowney Propaganda That is Going on..... ]

I totally agree !!!!!!! Clowney is definitely a beast !!! Probably has much to do with other players being so intimidated by him (Scared)!!!! In order to beat a beast, you have to become a BEAST !!!!!!!!

Aug 20, 2013, 9:28 AM

per tigerstinch

I totally agree !!!!!!! Clowney is definitely a beast !!! Probably has much to do with other players being so intimidated by him (Scared)!!!! In order to beat a beast, you have to become a BEAST !!!!!!!!
^
Fully Agree with this !
Talk is cheap. The ONLY way to contain the guy is to
be better than he is if you're going head to head
against him, or for the opposition's coach to play the
perfect game plan to account for him. Speculation about
him "faking a season finishing injury IF......" or
somebody taking him out sometime in the season is basically
wishful thinking by those who will have to play against
him at some point. Just man up and beat him... PERIOD !

Aug 20, 2013, 8:05 AM

I predict by the 6th game he will be hurt.With all the hype he is getting somebody will take him out.

I would advocate my own approach of admitting he's a

Aug 20, 2013, 8:06 AM

great player and then not talking about him. The sheer number of posts on tigernet about how overrated he is just proves that he's not overrated and makes a bunch of y'all look like obsessed teens.

The Debate is somewhat forced upon us..Isn't it?

Aug 20, 2013, 9:16 AM

You can't read a mainstream sports media source that isn't pushing the issue..so of course it is a source of discussion....

You can choose to not participate......although I am glad you did..:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

He is unstoppable and will be until somebody STOPS him......

Aug 20, 2013, 8:47 AM

he single handedly won them 3 games last year......maybe more.

Until somebody steps up to the plate and stops him........it will continue.

Re: He is unstoppable and will be until somebody STOPS him......

Aug 20, 2013, 9:11 AM

The Hype around him is just that. Same as it was around
Tim Tebow once the national media had something about
him they could run with. He'll have several big games,
and he'll be contained a couple or three games like he
was last season. The media will do with that what they
want to, and have always done. They'll use it to their
advantage. The thing is, he made some statements this
summer that will make him either have to prove he's
"ALL THAT" or it will make him look like he's simply
a good / not great player. That will only be determined
when the lights come on and they blow the whistle to
start the games.

Aug 20, 2013, 9:04 AM

per The FIGHTINGDABOS
There is no question that Clowney is a great player, but they are taking his hype to a new level....The sports media is putting him on such a high pedestal that when he falls, it will be a hard fall...

Here is the reality of Clowney's hype as I see it:

Clowney's "unstoppable" activities in practice are the results of essentially having a "red jersey" on him...Does anyone think that Clowney's team mates are really getting after him or is he seeing very vanilla schemes? Any player that wants to stay on that team knows to protect Clowney....so of course he is going to look like a beast in practice......

If Carolina returns to their old ways and drops 3-4 games and is out of the SEC hunt, I suspect Clowney will develop some lingering injury that will keep him out for the rest of the year.....to protect himself for the NFL.

He is a great player, but there is a bit of a fraud being perpetuated on people right now....

I think you're onto something here ! Can not understand
why the rest of the country doesn't see something that's
as plain as day. I'd call this in to the press and let
them know ASAP !

Aug 20, 2013, 9:34 AM

I'm telling you, it's all part of that vast, right wing/communistic/Wall Street/evangelical/ESPN/SEC/New Black Panther/KKK/mainstream media/Dark Corner moonshiners/Swofford agenda/Martians for Hillary conspiracy to keep the brothers and sisters from Clemson down and in their place. It's not going to work though, because we have Dabo, and the force is with him!

Thanks for perpetuating ClowneyNet.org***

Aug 20, 2013, 9:36 AM

Re: This board is Clowney obsessed......

Aug 20, 2013, 11:53 AM

What if you read....

"The Tagy Boyd Propaganda That is Going on.....

There is no question that Boyd is a great player, but they are taking his hype to a new level....The sports media is putting him on such a high pedestal that when he falls, it will be a hard fall...

Here is the reality of Boyd's hype as I see it:

Boyd's "unstoppable" activities in practice are the results of essentially having a "red jersey" on him...Does anyone think that Boyd's team mates are really getting after him or is he seeing very vanilla schemes? Any player that wants to stay on that team knows to protect Boyd....so of course he is going to look like a beast in practice......

If Clemson returns to their old ways and drops 3-4 games and is out of the ACC hunt, I suspect Boyd will develop some lingering injury that will keep him out for the rest of the year.....to protect himself for the NFL.

He is a great player, but there is a bit of a fraud being perpetuated on people right now.... "

Let it rest....Clowney is going to be Clowney and doesn't impact Clemson until November....Perhaps this year he will not outshine Boyd as much during the game as he has for the past two years.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic