Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACCN debut fiasco
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

The ACCN debut fiasco

Nov 19, 2019, 11:12 AM

Prior to the debut of ACCN, we were able to watch most conference football and basketball games through the ESPN app provided that you had a cable or satellite subscription to ESPN. Now games that are not on a network, ESPN, or ACCN channel are not available through the ESPN app. I have verified this with ESPN. In fact, they said that you cannot watch any ACCN or ACCNX games through the ESPN app.

In theory, these games are supposed to be available on ACCNX. How are we supposed to access ACCNX? I have emailed the ACC, but I have received no response.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACCN debut fiasco

Nov 19, 2019, 11:18 AM

I have watched all the ACCNX games on my smart tv this year with no problems!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

have you actually tried the ESPN app?

In theory, if you had, you'd know ACCNX is the streaming equivalent for ACCN on the ESPN app.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:22 AM

I cannot get any ACC games through the ESPN app. This is ESPN’s response.

“ACC Network and ACC Network Extra are currently unavailable within the ESPN App. Our team is working diligently with your TV provider to enable access. Please check back for updates, and in the meantime you can enjoy ACC Network on your TV. “

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 11:28 AM

what are you talking about? if you don't have ACC Network in your TV package, you won't get it. However, if you do, and you have the ESPN app, they're all active for you to watch.

I've found I've had to search for shows or games on the ESPN app lately because what they put on the front page is highlighted shows/games.

Quite simply, you're wrong.
ACCN and ACCNX games are available on the ESPN app. In fact, that's the only place to find the ACCNX games.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:25 AM

I cannot. What is your TV provider?

Nov 19, 2019, 11:25 AM

The issue is with whomever your ESPN provider is, they haven't agreed to some type of terms. When my PSVUE first got the ACCN I had a similar issue for maybe a week but have had no issues since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 11:34 AM

Thank you. Although ESPN said the problem was with the ACCN and not limited to a particular provider, I am following up with them.

Nov 19, 2019, 1:03 PM

ESPN knows it already. They just didn't do a good job with that statement. Each provider obviously has to work out stipulations for not only the live channel but also for streaming content. Call your provider and batch.

similar issue, provider/espn had not come to streaming terms

Nov 19, 2019, 2:00 PM

so when the network first launched I was getting an error that I could only watch on live tv. After a week or so it must have been worked out cause they all work now. Like the previous poster said, since it is now months later and this still isnt resolved, I would raise cain to both the provider and espn every day twice a day so much that every call operator knows you on a first name basis. Tell them you are going to cancel or post negatively on social media until the problem is resolved.

Nov 19, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACCN debut fiasco ]

I am trying to narrow down what the issue is and who to ##### to. Because I am trying to access thru the ESPN app, I thought that I would contact them first. Seemed logical to me. I was surprised that ESPN said it was a universal problem and not just U-verse. Believing ESPN, I made the post. I have shared TigerNet feedback to ESPN that contradicts their explanation to me. I am still waiting on a reply.

Nov 19, 2019, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACCN debut fiasco ]

Dish didn't add the streaming content until about a month after they added the channel. It was annoying but they finally worked out out. Your provider just needs to finish their agreement regarding streaming in the app. Hang in there and call your provider and rip em a new one.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:27 AM

This is not accurate. I have easily watched Clemson Basketball and Soccer games on the ESPN app which were ACCNX productions.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:36 AM

Who is your provider, so I can inform ESPN that the problem is not universal?

Nov 19, 2019, 11:29 AM

I have Youtube TV and have no problem watching football or basketball games shown on ACCN and ACCNX using the ESPN App.

What is your provider?

This seems like a provider issue and not an ESPN or ACCN issue.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:43 AM

I have U-verse and a friend with DirectTV who is having same problem, both AT&T. I thought that it might be just an At&T problem, but ESPN said it was universal to ACCN.

This helps. Who is your provider?

Thanks

Nov 19, 2019, 11:46 AM

His provider is Youtube TV, similar to the Playstation Vue I have. Both are streaming tv providers (Sling and Hulu live are others).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have DTV and have had zero issues***

Nov 19, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: The ACCN debut fiasco ]

Nov 19, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACCN debut fiasco ]

UVerse hasn't finalized everything for it to work yet with the ESPN app. Just get the UVerse app and stream through that via mobile.

Nov 19, 2019, 1:52 PM

I can watch the ACCN on the U-verse app, but there is no way to access ACCNX thru the U-verse app. But the U-verse app does have access to SEC+.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:52 AM

I’ve had no issues. I have dish.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:17 PM

I have Morris Broadband. I also have no issues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jvilletiger

Thanks to everyone.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:32 PM

I have provided most of the feedback to ESPN.

I keep reading about how awful the ACCN is.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:45 PM

I personally think it's been great. I have YouTube TV, so I get the ACCN and have had no issues with availability. I've found the network to have good analysts and programming. All of the technical stuff like picture quality and reception have been good as well.

For ACCNX programming, it is consistently available on the ESPN app as a result of my YouTube TV (as it is for every other provider who carries ACCN). I have had no issues with that either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I keep reading about how awful the ACCN is.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:51 PM

How do you get ACCNX if you have YouTube TV? TIA

Nov 19, 2019, 1:49 PM

it's not a separate channel, it's the live games and feeds within the ESPN app. For example, on Saturdays you'll have games on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, whatever is live on ESPNews, SEC, and ACC, then they'll be games saying SEC+ and ACCNX, basically stuff that didn't fit the regular channels.

ACCNX is ACC Network Extra, and is essentially

Nov 19, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep reading about how awful the ACCN is. ]

the ACCN games shown on the Watch ESPN app. Log into the ESPN app on your phone, computer, tablet, or through your TV app (I have the app through my Apple TV). ESPN will ask you to verify your provider, so you will log in there with your YouTube TV login credentials. That will open up ACCNX programming (as well as everything else on the ESPN app).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 19, 2019, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep reading about how awful the ACCN is. ]

Through the ESPN app on your phone/computer/tv. You have to put in your service provider name/password, in his case it’s his YouTube TV password. In my case it’s dish.

In the ESPN app there’s a “watch” button. Go there.

Nov 19, 2019, 1:16 PM

I got a message saying the ACCN Extra app was not a part of my Spectrum package, and I should contact Spectrum to get it. I did not, am not going to pay extra for it, my cable bill already just went up recently. I am sure it was just a random coincidence that this happened a month after the ACC Network was added.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have the same problem with Uverse

Nov 19, 2019, 1:56 PM

I get the same message that U-verse and ESPN app don’t “communicate.” I can stream via the U-verse app but it is limited to only the ACC network.

As mentioned previously, I get the message they they are “working” on this, so knowing ATT they may have it fixed in a couple of years!

Re: I have the same problem with Uverse

Nov 19, 2019, 7:12 PM

My ESPN app is working now. If you still have a problem, send a text to ESPN support at ?
(888) 549-3776?

Nov 19, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACCN debut fiasco ]

it's not a separate app, it's part of the ESPN app.

Nov 19, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACCN debut fiasco ]

One of my old bosses used to always tell everyone, "Don't bring me a problem unless you at least have a solution that you recommend to resolve that problem". I did not like that boss, but he was right about that. You probably never had a boss like that. :) Lucky you.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:08 PM

Hey Boss,

I didn’t bring the problem to you. Not sure how you found out about it. Go back to sleep.

IT’S FIXED.

THANKS FOR ALL WHO PROVIDED INFO TO CHALLENGE ESPN TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

Nov 19, 2019, 3:04 PM

I read everyone's comments, but I have same problem as you. I'm on Comcast, have ESPN app on TV and mobile, and have YouTube TV. And I can't access ACCNX. I've assumed it's Comcast since they don't carry ACCN.

Nov 19, 2019, 3:58 PM

Login to the app using your YouTube TV account information.

Nov 19, 2019, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACCN debut fiasco ]

correct, if you don't get ACCN as part of your TV package, it won't be available on the ESPN app.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic