Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 2 early pics... I'm not sold on them both being
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The 2 early pics... I'm not sold on them both being

Oct 21, 2019, 8:07 AM

that bad.

The first one , it looked like he threw it to the receiver (straight seam) , instead of the open spot (break left) - so maybe that was the design and he should have sailed it if he saw Rodgers was covered to live another day.

The second one is where I think was PI on #30 for Louis. Tee Higgins was in stride to go for the catch and caught a charge call (but this isn't Duke basketball) ..... sure looked like he was gonna be right there where he had a chance at the catch, except for the blocking foul (PI) .

Anyway.... E$ecPN is looking for anything to knock us, so that's all they had to work with.

Go Tigers
Roll Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 2 early pics... I'm not sold on them both being

Oct 21, 2019, 8:36 AM

The fact that he had check downs wide open on both of these throws is what makes them so bad. Travis was open underneath on the first one. Give him the ball in some space and see what happens. The second one ETN was wide open in the flat. We're in a good position on the field and were moving the ball. Dump it down to Travis and let him do his thing. Seems like TL is pressing too much for the home run. I'm not worried. He came out in second half and played lights out. For what it's worth this was my second trip to Louisville and I must say that the stadium renovations are pretty nice and overall Louisville fans were very cordial. Was a good trip.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

Here’s another way to look at it ...

Oct 21, 2019, 8:45 AM

The confidence TL has in Travis actually *catching* the ball is probably pretty low given prior experience.

TL doesn’t have near the arsenal of receiving choices he had last year with Renfrow, Feaster, and even occasionally Milan Richard.

As we know, Renfrow was unstoppable, and Feaster was an excellent receiver. Richard was only serviceable, but he was much better than what we have right now.

Re: Here’s another way to look at it ...

Oct 21, 2019, 8:54 AM

Not buying this one at all. While Renfrow is irreplaceable, Travis and Chalk are more than capable of catching an easy 6-8 yard dump down. Furthermore, I'm not buying that TL is going thru his progressions and saying, "hey, you know what, I'm gonna chunk it up into triple coverage because Travis can't catch..what the hell!"

TL4Heisman

Oct 21, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Here’s another way to look at it ... ]

There is one major flaw in your logic.

ETN had more receptions in 2018 than Feaster, 12 to 11.

Also Milan Richard had 6 catches last season.

Chalk already has 7 catches through only 7 games this season.

The idea of Richard and Feaster catching a lot of balls was always there, and people thought it would be successful if it happened, but it never became a reality.

Oct 21, 2019, 10:51 PM

I guess I would say ... how many easy catches has Travis dropped versus Feaster when gauging TL’s confidence level.

Feaster is a much more confident and accomplished receiver than Travis.

I’m not saying that TL might not have been wiser to throw to ETN instead of forcing the ball downfield.

In hindsight it’s absolutely true given the interception. But in the split second when the decision is made, level of confidence may have been a factor.

That’s all I’m saying.

Of course the real difference this year is that Renfrow plays for the Raiders now.

Pretty sure Chalk has more catches than Richars did last year.***

Oct 21, 2019, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Here’s another way to look at it ... ]

Yeah but that's in hindsight

Oct 21, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The 2 early pics... I'm not sold on them both being ]

I don't see throwing the ball up for Tee as a bad thing. I like the aggressiveness!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than it resulted in another INT in the stat line and

Oct 21, 2019, 4:28 PM

giving ESPN talking heads more ammo.

TL4Heisman

Were you OK with the one TL threw up to JR in the endzone?

Oct 21, 2019, 4:35 PM

I think Trevor has supreme confidence in his wide receivers. I say go after 'em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were you OK with the one TL threw up to JR in the endzone?

Oct 21, 2019, 5:05 PM

I haven't looked at that play in detail. If there were open check downs, then no, which was the point of this whole thread in the first place. TL is an elite talent with magic play making abilities...we've established that. On both of the aforementioned drives we were moving the ball and closing in on the endzone. I'd just like to see us sustain the drive instead of throwing bad picks. We do that sort of thing in the playoffs and we're deep doo doo.

TL4Heisman

I agree with this part for sure

Oct 21, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: The 2 early pics... I'm not sold on them both being ]

Trevor is pressing for the big play. He tends to focus downfield, when like you said, he has guys underneath and in the flat, or like a case on Saturday, he all sorts of room to run for a nice gain and first down.

I never played D1 quarterback, so it's easier saidctgan done, but gosh darn Trevor - stop looking for the homerun and use your check down guys. Nothing wrong with sustained, methodical drives.

Oct 21, 2019, 8:37 AM

The first one he either didn't see the S or Rodgers was suppose to cut underneath. The second was throwing into triple coverage. A poor decision imo. Either way he will learn from them. Ints are gonna happen when you have an arm like he does because he believes he can beat defenders with his throw. As long as he overcomes then and comes back and plays well like he did it's okay.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:30 PM

TL said he did not see safety. Amari did correct route as he is holding the safety in place by continuing his route. The second one he thought Higgins would go get it but he ran into defender. Bad thing was both plays had a check down wide open. I will take TL over any QB in college and half of the starters in the NFL.

Oct 21, 2019, 4:30 PM

Without question. TL is a special talent and will end up as the greatest QB to put the Orange pants on. Like I said, I'm not worried one bit. He can throw 50 INTs as long as we win and the way it looks....that's a foregone conclusion.

TL4Heisman

Oct 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

Poor decision on both throws, for the reasons others have stated. Throwing into double and triple coverage is not smart. If he starts making proper decisions he will be fine. And if he is fine we will win it all again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 1:57 PM

The second one was bad. He overthrew into double coverage. He had his checkdown WIDE open for a 15 yard gain.

Keep throwing it Trevor....

Oct 21, 2019, 2:35 PM

Hindsights 20/20 and there's always someone open on the replay.

It's not much different than a touchback and our D will get you the ball right back.

Send son....Send It !

And it was PI on the 2nd int, so....

The problem with the picks as well as the pass he threw

Oct 21, 2019, 2:44 PM

to Tee when he was ruled out on the sideline (not the TD) is that he had guys open, make that wide freakin open, underneath and instead of picking up the 8-15 sure yards, he forced the balls into traffic and made the plays a lot more difficult than they should have been. They were just poor decisions and hopefully, he'll learn simply to take what the defense gives him.

From the Ga Tech game and since, defenses are doing everything they can to take away the deep middle of the field. On Saturday, that resulted in a lot of guys wide open underneath that TL simply ignored. I also remember the one time he did throw it, he overthrew either Chalk or Allen early in the game.

These are very correctable. Just needs to be a bit more patient and know that a 10 play 75 yard TD drive is just as good as a 4 play 75 yard TD play drive.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic