Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Betrayal Of Joe Paterno
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,278

The Betrayal Of Joe Paterno

Jul 10, 2013, 10:17 PM

A very long read, but interesting.

http://www.framingpaterno.com/betrayal-joe-paterno-how-it-all-probably-happened

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paterno was a media patsy in all of this. When the media

Jul 11, 2013, 2:14 PM

found out Paterno was called in for Grand Jury testimony, the story became big time sports news. Media outlets made millions off his image and spinning it as a scandal. When that happened, the board of trustees ran for cover because they had a massive public image problem on their hands. So appalling how it was handled from top to bottom.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paterno was a media patsy in all of this. When the media

Jul 11, 2013, 4:12 PM

I agree. I don't know for certain if Paterno was guilt free or not, but neither do most of America who judge this man without even hearing his side. I hope he had no idea what Sandusky was doing, cause he stood for all that was good in college football. If he did cover for Sandusky knowing what he was doing, then it truly is a sad day. Only the Lord knows for sure, and either way he has already faced that judge.

Paterno definitely wasn't protecting anyone especially

Jul 12, 2013, 12:42 PM

Sandusky. Paterno & Sandusky were not close from what I understand, and Sandusky hadn't been on the coahing staff in years. Paterno, who witnessed nothing, even stated he pushed McQueary's (at times vague) recollection to the AD and the vice-president because he felt it didn't involve a current member of his staff, but he felt it sounded serious enough to be addressed.

Re: The Betrayal Of Joe Paterno

Jul 11, 2013, 2:27 PM

I quit reading this garbage as soon as the author described Sandusky bear-hugging a 12 year old from behind while in the shower as "technically [...] illegal" but "relatively minor."

Hey guys! Woah, Big Gulps, huh? All right! Welp, see ya later!

You left out sad and disgusting in your description...***

Jul 11, 2013, 3:01 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe Paterno betrayed Joe Paterno....

Jul 12, 2013, 12:48 PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Actually, Sandusky betrayed everyone

Jul 12, 2013, 2:33 PM

including his victims when he chose to "bear hug" (cough) a naked 10 year old boy in the Penn State showers.

The UVA job

Jul 12, 2013, 3:12 PM

So the reason that Sandusky balked at the UVA contract was because he was concerned that he couldn't bring his "charity" (aka access to young boys) to Charlottesville?

"Secondly, after speaking with Sandusky extensively about this topic, I am completely convinced that the reason that Sandusky didn’t get the job in the end had absolutely nothing to do with concerns he was a pedophile (He never signed the agreement he was handed because, at first, he was uncertain about whether a Second Mile chapter could be created in Charlottesville. The contract he was given did not include the specifics regarding the ability to continue being involved with the charity which he had anticipated. The delay this confusion caused ended up allowing for new circumstances to arise which dramatically altered the equation.)"

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,278
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic