Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could

Dec 10, 2015, 2:37 PM

Make a bigger splash by stamping all bills spent in Miami. Could you imagine?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

^^^^^ new generation***

Dec 10, 2015, 2:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

No, I'm 48! I'm a man!***

Dec 10, 2015, 2:41 PM

WL

Checks out. He's a man, he's 40.***

Dec 11, 2015, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could

Dec 10, 2015, 2:41 PM

It's illegal to deface government property OP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yeah, I wouldn't do that.***

Dec 10, 2015, 2:42 PM

WL

Incorrect

Dec 10, 2015, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could ]

http://www.stampstampede.org/pages/legal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

New Generation

Dec 10, 2015, 3:15 PM

Another idea I saw was to carry the stamp and stamp all credit card receipts when you sign.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're worried about the Secret Service hassling you...

Dec 10, 2015, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Incorrect ]

you probably shouldn't stamp $2 dollar bills, since it is a well known fact that the $2 Jefferson is the preferred form of currency used by the Secret Service.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Dec 15, 2015, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could ]

Its illegal to deface to alter its value. So if adding a paw makes it worth more in trade, you may have a point...

the point is the $2 draws attention to every purchase

Dec 10, 2015, 2:42 PM

as most have never even see $2's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the ob in 2013 I paid the 1st mate on the fishing boat

Dec 10, 2015, 2:58 PM

We were on with $2 stamped bills. Guy asked me if I was counterfeiting the things cause I had so many.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

the strippers hated them

Dec 10, 2015, 3:18 PM

thought they were counterfeit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

The $2 bills definitely stand out, in a neat-but-somewhat-annoying way.

Dec 10, 2015, 3:18 PM [ in reply to the point is the $2 draws attention to every purchase ]

At least from a business owner's perspective.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What if we all started using Traveler's Checks!!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2015, 2:44 PM

It would be cool because they are convenient and safe, and when it took you 15 minutes to check out everywhere because the clerk had never seen one, you could explain to the people behind you our great Clemson tradition. We would be virtual ambassadors everywhere we shopped!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if we all started using Traveler's Checks!!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2015, 3:23 PM

Obed now that's funny. Jedi knight funny, no seriously I laughed ??.

Re: What if we all started using Traveler's Checks!!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2015, 6:18 PM [ in reply to What if we all started using Traveler's Checks!!!!!!! ]

Forgot to give you a thumbs up. But why didn't it give 100%

Dec 10, 2015, 2:48 PM

Anybody know where to buy orange ink and inkpad? Tiger Sports Shop has the stamp (which I already have), but not the ink.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HTH

Dec 10, 2015, 2:50 PM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=orange+inkpad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the record, I bought this inkpad. I don't know how long

Dec 15, 2015, 6:19 PM

it takes for the ink to dry, but it's been 5 hours and it isn't dry yet. I'm going with the printer. Painstaking to print 100 $2 bills, but at least the paw will look great.

Go with pigment stamp pad

Dec 15, 2015, 9:47 PM [ in reply to HTH ]

This takes longer to dry but it is permanent. Won't come off when it gets wet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could ]

You could get red and yellow inks and mix until you get the right color. Both of those are prime colors for printers, and should be available at Office Max or Office Depot.

Ding ding ding!

Dec 10, 2015, 3:05 PM

Print the tiger paw on the bills with a printer!

Here are 5 attempts with the printer.

Dec 10, 2015, 3:55 PM

The top one was first attempt. My printer doesn't have a small enough feed so I had to use an 8.5X11 sheet as a template. Where do you all usually place the paw on the bill?

Good job! Those $1s look real!***

Dec 10, 2015, 6:20 PM

Dec 15, 2015, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could ]

I got my orange ink pad at an office supply store.

Try Michael's Crafts and Staples (links)

Dec 15, 2015, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could ]

http://www.michaels.com/craft-smart-washable-ink-pad/M10116666.html?dwvar_M10116666_color=Royal%20Blue#q=ink+pads&prefn1=refinementColor&prefv1=Orange&start=1

and

http://www.staples.com/ink+pads+orange/directory_ink+pads+orange?

Dec 15, 2015, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The $2 Bills are a great tradition, but we could ]

Any good hobby shop. I got my last ink pad at Michael's

Paws stamped on millions of counterfeit $100's

Dec 10, 2015, 2:49 PM

would really make the largest impact and recieve media attention. Also we could engrave tiny paws on orange died pennies and spend all of our currency with them. No one would forget.

A Paw Press!

Dec 10, 2015, 2:56 PM

Insert pennies and press them into little paws.

WL

How 'bout you ONLY spend $2 bills, chief.***

Dec 10, 2015, 2:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

businesses hate $2 bills

Dec 10, 2015, 3:17 PM

there is not slot for them in the cash register. That is why we use them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I have the poor

Dec 10, 2015, 3:32 PM

I am still trying to get the stamp on quarters!

Strippers will go beserk over that!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just roll the quarters. Of course, when it slips out of the

Dec 11, 2015, 8:51 AM

string, she may not enjoy chasing the quarters all over the stage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

^^^^ probably WooHoos' & wants Black uniforms

Dec 10, 2015, 6:37 PM

don't #### with the $ 2 tradition

or you can sit home during the Holiday's like the coots

null

Re: ^^^^ probably WooHoos' & wants Black uniforms

Dec 11, 2015, 8:39 AM

Well, what have we here? A woohoo-phobic big mouth. No, I do not have any desire to see us in black uniforms. I do, however, think the woohoo has its place - mostly after a big score or defensive stop in a big game. I've probably joined in fewer than 10 times this season. To me, it's like using an F-bomb for emphasis. I'm not above doing it, but I think some do it too often.

As for the prospect of me staying home, not a chance, chief. I've been to all but two games - Syracuse and Miami - and will be at the next two. And I'll bet if you let the pawn shop hold the note to your single-wide, they'll give you enough spending money to hop on a greyhound with a pocket-full-o $2 bills.

The point of my post was not to discourage anyone from using $2 bills. They do stand out, and I've traveled to past Florida bowl games with them. But I'm going to drop some serious cash in Orlando, Miami, and West Palm Beach - and it sure as heck won't be all $2 bills. So, my good man, have fun in Miami, and watch out for the woohooers. They're out to get you!

WL

We could consider $3 bills to cover inflation.***

Dec 11, 2015, 8:53 AM

null

Are those the ones with Slick Willie on them?***

Dec 11, 2015, 10:25 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a TRADITION because it's the same thing every time.

Dec 11, 2015, 8:55 AM

$2 bills are unusual, don't have a "spot" in a cash drawer, and draw more attention. When we were in Louisville, I can't tell you the number of Cardinals who offered to buy $2 bills from us just so they could keep one.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: It's a TRADITION because it's the same thing every time.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:04 AM

Yes, I respect and love the tradition.

WL

All the Bills You Spend in Miami Should be $2 Bills

Dec 15, 2015, 6:22 PM

And You Would Then Achieve Your Goal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't be all, MT

Dec 15, 2015, 6:26 PM

But every transaction will contain at least 1 $2 bill. Some transactions (bar tabs, meals), all $2 bills.

It takes too many $2 bills,I'm taking a pocket full of $15's***

Dec 15, 2015, 10:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic