Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Clowney was a once in 10 year player?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

So Clowney was a once in 10 year player?

Feb 22, 2015, 1:07 PM

Yet Vic is crushing his numbers.

Go figure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what coots want you to think, but it never fully

Feb 22, 2015, 1:18 PM

materialized into it's full potential. Now that eSECpn has stopped building the guy up, the truth comes out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's what coots want you to think, but it never fully

Feb 22, 2015, 1:20 PM

Maybe they mean "has a good game once every ten years". Or "actually gives effort once every ten years'

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clowney will be deep-frying chicken for a living

Feb 22, 2015, 1:22 PM

in two years.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I recall some talking head on ESPiN actually making a point

Feb 22, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to That's what coots want you to think, but it never fully ]

.... that Clowney was the best DE in all football before his last year at USC ..... Including the NFL.

Now, I did not buy it then .... and it is not selling now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everything I predicted was going to take place Clown-wise....

Feb 22, 2015, 2:27 PM
image.jpg(168.8 K)

Is EXACTLY what has occurred!

He's a lazy, entitled, joke of a turd.
it is what it is.
poor conditioning by not playing & participating or giving a complete effort
(if any at times...), I'm sure in class, being coached & learning, then now in the NFL.

What a waste of god-given size & talent...
I guess it's better to look like you fit the mold of perfect & be über-flawed in character in reality (especially for ESPiN), than to be falsely dogged about size, strength & abilty while proving on the field & combine that you're hands down above the "best".

Great job Vic!!!
I knew you had it in you!

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

once in a 10 year player that is never going to play again***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:46 PM

Re: once in a 10 year player that is never going to play again***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:49 PM

He tackled that guy and his helmet popped off.
Don't question his greatness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I know it was "herd round the world"***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:51 PM

Re: So Clowney was a once in 10 year player?

Feb 22, 2015, 1:58 PM

Yea he was garbage in college

Feb 22, 2015, 2:00 PM

Are you sarcasming ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 22, 2015, 2:02 PM

Eye find iron in that errbody comparing Vic to clowney, but den talk about how bad the clown is ????????

Feb 22, 2015, 2:18 PM

One guy works his butt off and it shows and will show in the nfl. The other has all the talent given to him at birth but is lazy and it shows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2015, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: So Clowney was a once in 10 year player? ]

They're only compared in the sense that they're the rival schools' marquee defensive players over the past few years. There's not much about them that's similar otherwise other than that they're fast/athletic.

Feb 22, 2015, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: So Clowney was a once in 10 year player? ]

Sure was. Like a toy from dollar general. Good for 1 season then total trash

Clowney had the potential, but Vic has the heart

Feb 22, 2015, 2:27 PM

I don't blame the ESPN hype machine as much as I blame Clowney for not putting forth the proper effort. Coming out of high school there is no denying that he was an athletic freak. He was able to dominate in high school because he was bigger, faster, and stronger than his competition.

In college he had some good plays from time to time based on his athleticism, but if you were to look at his college career in games not versus our Tigers, his numbers look much more pedestrian. Of course, there's that tired excuse about how every team schemed against him and that he was double and triple teamed on every play, blah, blah, blah.

Unlike Clowney who has relied solely on his natural athleticism and size to make plays, Vic Beasley has put in the time and effort to sculpt his body into a finely tuned machine. What makes him so much more impressive IMO is that he wasn't even recruited as a DE. He played a few different positions at Adairsville High, but he was classified as an athlete during his recruitment. While he did have some experience playing DE in high school, it wasn't until his third year at Clemson following a redshirt year and a freshman year where he only played 16 snaps, primarily on special teams, that he finally found the position that he was destined to excel.

I remember him leading the team with 8 sacks despite playing in less than half of the defensive snaps and being in his first year at DE. We all know what kind of numbers he put up in his two years as a starter.

His production in college likely made him a first round pick. His 6'3" 246lb measurement moved him higher into the first round by proving all the critics wrong who had him pegged at closer to 6'1" 220 lbs. For all the analysts who questioned his strength, he put those concerns to bed by putting up more reps than any other defensive player at the combine.

Despite all of that, there were still people out there questioning him going into this morning saying that he added that extra weight for the combine, but his speed was going to suffer as a result. Well Vic has proven his doubters wrong yet again.

His combine performance should make him a top 10 lock based on his physical attributes alone. However, the fact that he faced the questions about his size and strength head on by adding size and strength in the seven weeks since the bowl game without diminishing his elite speed could possibly push him into the top 5.

Way to go Vic!!! You are by far the biggest winner of this year's combine.

Re: Clowney had the potential, but Vic has the heart

Feb 22, 2015, 2:32 PM

POTD

agreed, but so you know...

Feb 22, 2015, 2:35 PM

i was rooting for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed, but so you know...

Feb 22, 2015, 2:36 PM

The day is a long juan.

never say quit, there's some vic beasley in you...

Feb 22, 2015, 2:37 PM

no baptist

Re: Clowney had the potential, but Vic has the heart

Feb 22, 2015, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Clowney had the potential, but Vic has the heart ]

He really made the talking heads look like idiots.

He's a stud

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic