Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Clemson recognizing playoff appearance inside Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Clemson recognizing playoff appearance inside Death Valley

Sep 6, 2016, 2:43 PM

Photo: Clemson recognizing playoff appearance inside Death Valley

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they have that in Columbia? Oh that's right

Sep 6, 2016, 3:26 PM

They have that ACC Champion banner from 1969 or whatever year that is.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Do they have that in Columbia? Oh that's right

Sep 6, 2016, 11:52 PM

No, they have a got beat by Citadel banner.

Re: Do they have that in Columbia? Oh that's right

Sep 7, 2016, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Do they have that in Columbia? Oh that's right ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess they don't expect the playoffs to last beyond 2099

Sep 6, 2016, 3:36 PM

that logo just isn't very adaptable to the changing times.

That was never the plan - global

Sep 8, 2016, 12:24 PM

warming is gonna kill us all.

null

The coots are going to try to bust through the banner of

Sep 6, 2016, 3:58 PM

The ole ball coach as they come through the smoke for homecoming. The students have used chicken beaks to poke through the banner each week to make it weak enough for the football team to get through, the plan is for it to make a boom sound.

I doubt they get through it but it will make a great excuse for another loss. Boom might or might not be available for high school coaching jobs later in the season. TBA at a later date.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: FB Update: Photo: Clemson recognizing playoff appearance inside Death Valley

Sep 6, 2016, 4:10 PM

so, no one can wear the number 2016 ever again without permission?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome, but they should take credit for making the

Sep 6, 2016, 6:05 PM

championship game and not just the playoff. Should put runner-up. Also, twenty years from now people are going to think it was the 2016 team and not the 2015 team. Oh well, its better than nothing and its a heck of a lot better than South Carolina's 1969 ACC Championship sign.

That's the logo for the Natty. The Semifinals are the bowl logos (pics)

Sep 6, 2016, 9:05 PM
IMG_6201.PNG(34.6 K)
IMG_6202.JPG(865.7 K)

That's why we wore different jersey patches in each game.

I'm a huge fan of the logo. Simple and really needs no explanation once the Playoff has been around for a few years

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They may not be finished. They will probably add the

Sep 6, 2016, 9:13 PM

"Playoff" lettering as well.

Re: That's the logo for the Natty. The Semifinals are the bowl logos (pics)

Sep 6, 2016, 10:35 PM [ in reply to That's the logo for the Natty. The Semifinals are the bowl logos (pics) ]
image.png(34.4 K)

This is actually the Natty logo.

I don't like this move

Sep 6, 2016, 11:26 PM

I'm just not a fan of runner-up trophies which is what that will be to me. Getting there is great, but it's not stadium worthy. That's just me though.

Go Tigers!!!

If we're going to go that far

Sep 7, 2016, 2:58 AM

Maybe we should stop celebrating conference championships unless we also win the natty.

Understandable, but would feel the same way about a Final Four banner in LJC?

Sep 7, 2016, 3:03 AM [ in reply to I don't like this move ]

Every school that is lucky enough to make it hangs Final Four banners for basketball.

We visibly recognize Division titles in football, as do most schools - win or lose the title game. That's basically a runner-up 'trophy.'

I think this speaks more to the 2015 season as a whole, which is undoubtedly 'stadium worthy.'

The 2015 team went 14-1, including an ACC Championship and an appearance in the CFP with an Orange Bowl Semifinal win to get us to the the National Championship Game.

To me, it commemorates the accomplishments of the winningest senior class in school history, and their journey culminating in the pinnacle of college football postseason events. No, it ended in less than ideal fashion, but the 2015 version of the Clemson Tigers did what 126 other teams couldn't do. Most wins in a single Clemson season including two postseason wins and our first Heisman finalist. Putting up a sign that includes all of the accomplishments and memories that team brought to the Clemson Family deserves to be displayed, but without the need to list them individually.

I don't see it as a runner-up trophy. It's much more meaningful than that. The College Football Playoff is what every team strives for these days, like it or not. You can't win the Natty without reaching the playoff. It's a height that only few teams have reached and only few teams will reach. It takes much more to win a Natl Title these days.

Not hating on you, bud. Just thinking about when I have kids and bring them to Clemson games and can enthusiastically reminisce about the best Tigers team of my lifetime because what we enjoyed last year is more than what alumni/fans of other schools cannot/maybe will not ever be able to experience.

Keep this one simple. The 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS display will be a nice addition (but this one represents the team that laid the groundwork for Clemson taking the "next step" to an elite program!)

Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

play off banner > 5th place rings.***

Sep 7, 2016, 5:13 AM

Re: play off banner > 5th place rings.***

Sep 7, 2016, 5:56 AM

Bent zero, amen. This feels way too close to celebrating fifth place rings. Guess we have to let that Coot point go now as we will hear the response "y'all have your runner up icon on the stadium". I'm in NO way discounting the effort it took to get to the playoffs and natty, but this has an uncomfortable feel to it.

Second in the country is a little different than

Sep 7, 2016, 8:45 AM

5th in your conference...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Second in the country is a little different than

Sep 8, 2016, 12:06 PM

Neither one is first.

This whole participation trophy bashing is lame.

Sep 7, 2016, 8:25 AM [ in reply to I don't like this move ]

When my boys were young, they often got participation trophy/ribbon/plaque/stuff.

Not one time did anyone ever present it as anything BUT a sign that a young person learned how to bust their ###, participate, be a part of a team, and learn to compete. The coach (often me) never said "this is just as good as winning the championship". By the time they were proably 8-10, they (and most kids) weren't interested in getting this type award anymore, which is fine and the way it should be and the process stopped.

When we did win, they got a trophy that said "champion"...that's very different, and no one confused the two. Folks who bash participation trophies I find are confused by the two different things.

So the fact we are putting an emblem up recognizing winning a playoff game and making the National Championship...unless it says "we won/are just as good as Alabama anyway", why the hell not?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I agree. It's like GT with all their bowl appearances

Sep 7, 2016, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I don't like this move ]

plastered everywhere. It's silly. UGA has one... the 1980 Natl championship flag. I like that. There's a simple confidence to it.

Looks nice.***

Sep 8, 2016, 12:54 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic