Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Laughable Coot Promotional Messaging in new bldg..”7 straight Super Bowl Appearances by a Coot”!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Laughable Coot Promotional Messaging in new bldg..”7 straight Super Bowl Appearances by a Coot”!

Feb 5, 2019, 1:49 PM

Wow..how funny is that, that they’re playing on & up with a NFL Star once a Cootie.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's reaching hard

Feb 5, 2019, 2:45 PM

Saw that.

They can't point toward their W/L record, or their Bowl record, Conference Championships, etc...

Next thing you know they'll be taking credit for ND's and UF's National Championship coaches via Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's reaching hard

Feb 5, 2019, 3:20 PM

Reckless96 said:

Saw that.

Next thing you know they'll be taking credit for ND's and UF's National Championship coaches via Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier.

I thought they already did that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's reaching hard

Feb 6, 2019, 11:00 AM

At minimum they claim Hall of Fame Coaches, as if the accomplishments they had at CootieU had anything to do with why those coaches were ever considered by the HF.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unreal Coot Messaging in new bldg..”7 straight Super Bowl Appearances by a Coot”!

Feb 5, 2019, 3:20 PM

I liked the one that said "Steve Spurrier slept here (after passing out)."

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unreal Coot Messaging in new bldg..”7 straight Super Bowl Appearances by a Coot”!

Feb 5, 2019, 4:52 PM

Also the banner that said: "We will not be outworked"

You may have missed the small print underneath it that said: "But we will be outscored frequently."

Required by truth in advertising laws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should come with a disclaimer:

Feb 5, 2019, 4:10 PM

“If you’re lucky enough you can win championships in the NFL because you sure as heck won’t win them here!”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 5:05 PM

How many of those players were coached by Muschamp? Reasonable next question.

Re: Unreal?

Feb 5, 2019, 5:22 PM

Is that like not real but only one word? There's nothing real about coots but the smell of desperation and feathers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Laughable Coot Promotional Messaging in new bldg..”7 straight Super Bowl Appearances by a Coot”!

Feb 6, 2019, 12:41 AM

Did they count members of the grounds crew and concessions staff?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: Laughable Coot Promotional Messaging in new bldg..”7 straight Super Bowl Appearances by a Coot”!

Feb 6, 2019, 12:52 AM

They're the zen masters of spin . They've found their center .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 6, 2019, 4:33 AM

That sound you can hear is the scraping of the bottom of the barrel.

This is so funny, it comes across as being so desperate. But you've got to love those Coots for the entertainment they give us; they truly are the gift that keeps giving.

That sound... is scraping of the bottom of the barrel

Feb 6, 2019, 5:53 AM

Whew! I was afraid it was cookie crumbs in my laptop's fan blade!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 5:46 AM

I am surprised they don’t have signage claiming credit for Alabama’s national championships.

Feb 6, 2019, 8:48 AM

That is an odd stat to promote. Wonder how that compares to other colleges? What is the record for consecutive Super Bowls in which a college had a former player as a Super Bowl participant (not necessarily winner)? Are these stats even kept? I tried to Google it but didn't find much!

Feb 6, 2019, 10:26 AM

Actually came across this link from 2017. At that time, Clemson had 67 Super Bowl participants, putting them at 24th most all time. South Carolina had 35 participants at that time. Doesn't seem like something the Gamecocks need to be bragging about, but I guess they have to put something on the walls!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/list-of-colleges-that-produce-the-most-super-bowl-players-miami-hangs-on-to-no-1/

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic