Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that thought NCSU should have run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Am I the only one that thought NCSU should have run

Oct 21, 2018, 10:28 PM

the 'double move' (I call it the stop-and-go route) a lot more? They tried that with Harmon early and just missed him for a TD. He had beaten A.J. and Finley overthrew him. But - he was wide-freaking open and probably would have scored. I never really saw them do that again, but I'm not that good at seeing that stuff. It was obvious to everyone that CBV had our D playing press coverage and stopping that quick-release stuff that Finley is famous for, but I did not see Dave Darn make an adjustment to burn our defenders using the double move. Did I just miss it? I re-watched most of the game, and I am still waiting to see it. Maybe our D was getting to Finley quicker this year than last year, so Dave Darn wasn't prepared to risk his QB by taking a little longer for those routes to open up. Of course, he did leave Finley in the game long after the game was over, and risked injury to him IMO. But - that's just Dave Darn at his finest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kept telling my nephew the same thing when he left Finley

Oct 22, 2018, 6:35 AM

in there so late in game after it was way over. Called him Bobby Petrino! LOL

You get him hurt while trying to make that game look a little more respectable and there goes your whole season and they have a good chance to still have a very respectable year even after losing so much last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats not their game

Oct 22, 2018, 7:52 AM

They keep Finley upright by getting the ball out quick. We were pressuring him and BV was sending blitzes from different spots. If they were relying on the slow developing double moves, Finley would’ve been eating a lot of dirt.

Re: Thats not their game

Oct 22, 2018, 8:34 AM

^^Was CBV able to determine by the NCSU alignment that they planned to run the double move so he could call a blitz? Because he does not blitz every play. I'm curious as to what CBV saw that tipped this off and prevented NCSU from using that tactic. I certainly could not tell anything even though there was much movement on D, so they might have been seeing something and knew what was coming. Our D plays on another level. Watching them is like trying to understand how Bobby Fischer played chess. I never could understand his logic as it was way too complicated.

You’re asking the wrong person

Oct 22, 2018, 8:45 AM

I’d imagine with 2 weeks to prepare he knew a lot of their tendencies in different situations so maybe he had a guess it was coming.

Re: Thats not their game

Oct 22, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Thats not their game ]

BV is always sending some sort of blitz. His game plan going into this was to contain Finley. Not saying that the slugo wouldn't have worked if used more often. Just that it would have been a low percentage play.

Re: Am I the only one that thought NCSU should have run

Oct 22, 2018, 8:51 AM

Only thing I thought they should have run was back to the bus.

First let me say I agree with you. I think the

Oct 22, 2018, 2:23 PM

Reason they went long so infrequently is they didn't have much time to throw. Plus our LB's played their hearts out this game as well. We were in Finley's head the entire game it seemed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic