Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL

Aug 4, 2018, 10:00 AM

in the near future. Freshman lineman from Saluda left Wake's camp after 1st practice saying he wants to be closer to home. USuC was one of only a few offers -waiting to see. New strategy to let guys sign with other teams and take away scholarship numbers from them because they leave before 1st season?

He enrolled early too and used Wake's facilities for a semester for free.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA really screwed up here......***

Aug 4, 2018, 10:04 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCAA really screwed up here......***

Aug 4, 2018, 10:15 AM

Yeah, kinda looks like if a player has buyer's remorse he can change schools and this could get out of hand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL

Aug 4, 2018, 10:23 AM

There’s still the 25 initial counter limit. I think USC went over it with Belk, unless their nonqualifier doesn't count.

Aug 4, 2018, 10:35 AM

Numbers never count in the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL ]

Belk will count towards next years class.

By then he may weigh 500#

Aug 4, 2018, 10:51 AM

So he may count as 2 spots...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By then he may weigh 500#

Aug 4, 2018, 11:46 AM

Funniest thing I've read today, sir

Re: By then he may weigh 500#

Aug 4, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to By then he may weigh 500# ]

Well played! LOL

Unless he's granted a waiver by the NCAA to play this year.***

Aug 4, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL ]

Belk will count towards next years class.

How does that work? He's practicing with you guys this year, isn't he? (My presumption would be he's going to have to take a redshirt, because his "eligbility clock" began when he enrolled at Clemson.)

Aug 4, 2018, 3:30 PM

He has already been counted towards this years class at Clemson. Being a transfer he won't technically be part of this upcoming class but he will take one of the scholarships from it.

He does count, along with the other transfers

Aug 4, 2018, 4:59 PM

There’s a limit of 25 initial counters in an academic year. Transfers count the same as first time enrollees. Early enrollees or transfers that enroll in January can be counted in the current academic year (last year’s signees) or the next academic year (this year’s signees). Refer to the Division I manual, the pdf is free to download below. I believe USC went over and are not competent enough to recognize it yet.

https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4511-2017-2018-ncaa-division-i-manual-august-version-available-august-2017.aspx

Aug 4, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL ]

I don't know if you are saying next years class in 2019 or 2020 but he counts against the 2019 class. It doesn't matter all y'all did is free a spot up for Clemson and show us before it was too late he is a quiter. Gamecock fans a funny they bashed this kid and called him overrated, lazy, fat and everything under the sun and now he is a superstar waiting to happen. I find it funny because he chose Clemson over y'all then he quit on his coaches and teammates lying about family being sick and this is the guy y;all think is going to help you? Goodluck with that.

Aug 4, 2018, 3:38 PM

TigerAidan said:

I don't know if you are saying next years class in 2019 or 2020 but he counts against the 2019 class. It doesn't matter all y'all did is free a spot up for Clemson and show us before it was too late he is a quiter. Gamecock fans a funny they bashed this kid and called him overrated, lazy, fat and everything under the sun and now he is a superstar waiting to happen. I find it funny because he chose Clemson over y'all then he quit on his coaches and teammates lying about family being sick and this is the guy y;all think is going to help you? Goodluck with that.

He will take a scholarship from the 2019 class. You guys won't be able to get his spot back from this years class because he signed and enrolled, you only get the spot back on the 85 man roster.

I never bashed the kid, I wanted him during his recruitment and was disappointed when he committed to Clemson. I don't know about his work ethic but he did come in a bit swelled up so he will need to prove something before I anoint him anything.

We don’t need his spot back

Aug 4, 2018, 5:04 PM

Because of the last three smallish recruiting classes and the number of early enrollees, we could sign more than 30 in Dec/Jan. The 85 cap is our limit.

That’s not how it works

Aug 4, 2018, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Muscoot gets another transfer DL ]

If he goes on scholarship now, he counts toward the 2018-2019 academic year limit of 25. The only way he can count as 2019-2020 is to delay receiving the scholarship (in January, he can count vs 2018-2019 OR 2019-2020).

Re: That’s not how it works

Aug 5, 2018, 9:52 AM

He is not a recruit, he is a transfer. He is already counted towards Clemson's 2018 class so he can't be part of USC's class as well. When Ty'son Williams transferred here from UNC last August he counted towards our 2018 class numbers since our 2017 class was full.

We had one player from this years class that did not qualify but since he signed a LOI his spot can't be used by someone else, which I think is a really bad NCAA rule. But, if he goes to community college and qualifies for January enrollment he can count towards the 2018 class, if not the spot is lost. But even if we had an opening Belk could not take it since he was already a part of your class.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic