Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GREAT look for Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 633

GREAT look for Florida

May 26, 2020, 12:05 PM

I know all of you posters here that are literally wishing/hoping for death and destruction to befall your countrymen won't like this one bit, but only 7 deaths reported in the state today.

We're all happy about this, correct?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course we're all happy with good news.

May 26, 2020, 12:08 PM

But there's also this (warning autoplay video with audio, stupid news site): https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/researchers-find-covid-coronavirus-in-florida-wastewater/67-877e2d53-bac4-417e-ad7d-d301d8c7f9cc

As doctors are learning how to more effectively treat patients the death rate should continue to lower as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Of course we're all happy with good news.

May 26, 2020, 12:41 PM

Danggit, now I have to stop swimming in cesspools I guess.

Re: GREAT look for Georgia

May 26, 2020, 12:14 PM

Honest mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one wants people to die***

May 26, 2020, 12:47 PM

I believe that.

May 26, 2020, 1:09 PM

I also believe those who don't like trump including reporters and news services would like to inflate the covid numbers to further their political position.

De Blasio randomly added 3700 deaths to the tally one day. This is all documented in news reports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that.

May 26, 2020, 1:30 PM

Trump effed up the response to the virus and continues to lie about testing and treatment even now.

Any number of people dying from Covid really won't affect that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt that.

May 26, 2020, 5:17 PM

Is sending COVID positive people BACK into nursing considered "effing up"? Asking for a friend.

Or is is sending a COVID positive 20 year old into a nursing home full of geriatrics , where he is then videotaped beating a 75 year old veteran considered "effing up"? (Asking for another friend).

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/20-year-old-beating-suspect-was-moved-to-nursing-home-because-he-has-covid-19-says-father

It would help to have national leadership

May 26, 2020, 7:31 PM

And a coherent strategy. Instead every state, county and city is trying to figure this out on their own with mixed success.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

definitely a one size fits all is the best solution

May 26, 2020, 7:42 PM

Moore county officials have no clue about Moore County NC. We need the Federal Government to step in and tell us what to do. Our State needs more Federal Funding especially if we are going to keep business shut down until it is safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would help to have national leadership

May 26, 2020, 7:46 PM [ in reply to It would help to have national leadership ]

Don't agree. Monopolistic solutions from a single source rarely work out when dealing with highly diverse populace and geographies.

As you stated above sending patients to geriatric homes isn’t wise

May 26, 2020, 9:35 PM

Why not make that a national policy?

I’m not suggesting a forced national law, but rather suggested guidance. But something like the green/yellow/red guidance seems wise and a good benchmark for local folks to use as a starting base policy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also said before that happened that he would

May 26, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to I believe that. ]

start including presumed coronavirus deaths in the data. So it’s not like he was trying to pull something over on anyone, he was very clear about what was happening. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the methodology, but that was made very clear beforehand.

Today's death count, as of noon, is what you're reporting to us?***

May 26, 2020, 1:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Today's death count, as of noon, is what you're reporting to us?***

May 26, 2020, 5:13 PM

It's 5:00 PM and the number is 7. You're happy right?

May 26, 2020, 6:33 PM

7 dead people? There's a cause for happiness if I've ever heard one. Where is this hour-by-hour death counter that you're basing this on?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

May 26, 2020, 7:11 PM

Man, have a little faith and let the sunshine in. It's OK.

Right here. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

May 26, 2020, 10:35 PM

Trust, but verify. That's my motto. Stole it from Ronald Reagan who stole it from the Russians.

- Jonathan Swift

That’s great news. But why single out only Florida?***

May 26, 2020, 7:35 PM

Re: That’s great news. But why single out only Florida?***

May 26, 2020, 7:38 PM

Texas only had 6!

Re: That’s great news. But why single out only Florida?***

May 26, 2020, 7:40 PM

scratch that.. 16 :(. Still much better, but not single digits like Florida.

Re: GREAT look for Florida

May 26, 2020, 8:57 PM

Florida, Texas, and LA owe a lot of their cases to the fleeing New Yorkers. I won’t be surprised if the coming economic problems hit NYC worse than others. Can’t imagine many people wanting to move there now. Population density and public transportation have really hurt them.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/16/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-moving-leaving.html

May 26, 2020, 11:28 PM

secgrowa said:

I know all of you posters here that are literally wishing/hoping for death and destruction to befall your countrymen won't like this one bit, but only 7 deaths reported in the state today.

And your a piece of #### for saying that. No one on here wants anyone to die. But your 'conservative media masters' have tought you that #### like that is true. Shame, shame, shame.

You're to much of a coward to look for the truth, you hide up Trump and Rush Limbaughs ###, and wipe with the Daily Caller.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 10:01 AM

Felix2® said:

secgrowa said:

And your a piece of #### for saying that. No one on here wants anyone to die. But your 'conservative media masters' have tought you that #### like that is true. Shame, shame, shame.

You're to much of a coward to look for the truth, you hide up Trump and Rush Limbaughs ###, and wipe with the Daily Caller.

WOW! SOMEBODY sure is sore and defensive. Can't you just be happy for the improvement? "the lady doth protest too much methinks" (LOL). And your ad hominem attacks don't make you seem like you are a member of the "highly educated" D party that you like to rave about. They make you seem like a bitter, angry, basement-dwelling troll. EMBRACE THE GOOD NEWS!

and it's "TOO much of..." not "to much of..." (LOL "educated Democrat")

Replies: 23
| visibility 633
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic