Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the thing about freedom
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,577

Here's the thing about freedom

May 29, 2020, 5:27 PM

I posted this yesterday, but there's an end to freedom: your freedoms stop where someone else's nose begins.

Example #1 is this idiot, who made an unholy ruckus when told he had to wear a mask at CostCo, and had his shopping cart taken. He kept insisting he "lives in a free country."

Just one problem with that assertion. CostCo isn't public property. It's a private business. How they do business is, well, their business. If they want to insist that all customers must dress in drag while tap-dancing and singing I Feel Pretty at the top of their lungs, they can. It's just, their prospective customers then have the freedom to decide they in turn will do no such durn fool thing and take their business down the street to Sam's Club.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/costco-employee-swipes-the-shopping-cart-of-maskless-shopper-who-woke-up-in-a-free-country.html

This is exactly similar to what's going on with Twitter. Granted, Jack Dorsey is a pretty liberal guy, and I won't argue Twitter is probably - at the moment, anyhow - a fairly liberal enterprise, though with Elliott Management and Silver Lake trying to leverage Dorsey out who knows how long that's going to last. But again, as a private business, it's entirely their lookout what goes up on their platform and doesn't.

If Trump doesn't like it, he's free to choose another platform, just as Combative CostCo Idiot is perfectly free to take his bad self elsewhere as well.

Otherwise, put on the effing mask if you wanna shop at CostCo. It won't kill you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the thing about freedom

May 29, 2020, 5:31 PM

Durn it, this was supposed to be a P&R board response. Please zap this and move it.

Apologies.

Freedom without being responsible, is not

May 29, 2020, 5:39 PM

freedom at all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2020, 5:51 PM

Unfortunately the deal with Costco is completely true, private business is just that. However, and this is a big one, these “platforms” have “libel” protection from lawsuits if they perform as a neutral platform, a deal which they arranged with the government.

Just saying

May 29, 2020, 5:58 PM

LOL at "private business."

"If Trump doesn't like it, he's free to choose another platform, just as Combative CostCo Idiot is perfectly free to take his bad self elsewhere as well."

Remember the gay "wedding" cake thing? Remember them skipping all the places that would have loved to make their cake, just so they could force a particular "private business" to bend to their wishes? Try telling them they can just take their bad selves somewhere else. This is America.

“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” — Barack Obama, October 30, 2008

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 29, 2020, 6:49 PM

Perhaps Tnet should follow suit? Trump supporting mods could send this poast to the nether reaches of the delete pile. However, as such, they would respect free speech.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It all seems to do well enough with the free market

May 29, 2020, 8:15 PM

pulling the strings. If TNet wanted to censor out P&R or mindsets, they well enough could. Would they gain more donors and advertisers? Or is Even Steven the better draw? It kinda worked out for them well enough in the early Dabo days when they only modded out insults and personal stuff over pumper or dumper stances. STS on the other hand doubled down on a side and got a little sideways as a result.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you think of it like the town square, except private

May 29, 2020, 6:51 PM

you have a framework from which you can address the civil complaints. It is called a court room. If someone slanders or defames you in the public square, there are dozens of lawyers ready, willing and able to help you file a claim.

Calling for more censorship is not a great look, especially when you are the one they probably will censor first.

I have always said - "my rights end where yours begin". Very

May 29, 2020, 7:00 PM

similar to your comment. If everybody observed this one simple rule the world would be a better place. For ex, that's why I never smoked in a public place like a restaurant, even if they had a smoking section. My right to smoke ends where your right to breath clean air begins. Or when people park next to you with music blasting at a gazillion decibels... I'm sorry, that's rude as hel1. Your right to play music that loud ends where my right to be able to have a conversation begins.

And so on and so forth. That's why it seems sometimes like the world is full of a-holes. People only think about themselves and have no regard for others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

These companies are pretty much monopolies

May 29, 2020, 7:07 PM

Admit it or.not, but they are the new way everyone communicates. You can't go anywhere else that communicates with that many people. Unlike Costco.

I hate to say these words, but they need to be regulated or broken apart. They have too much power over our entire country.

You ban someone, you ban their freedom to communicate to the world.

These companies can away opinion and elections but what they allow and don't allow and who they ban and who they promote and who and what they censor.

If you aren't going to be fair, then it's time to do something about them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These companies are pretty much monopolies

May 29, 2020, 7:39 PM

if Tech companies leaned to the right this would have been dealt with a loooong time ago.
But since they are leftists, their censorship of opposing viewpoints is a feature, not a bug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Exactly. Trump was busy playing golf when Covid 19

May 29, 2020, 7:14 PM

Came out. But when twitter called him out for the compulsive liar that he is he jumped into action. I have no problem with the majority of conservatives but Trump is a cancer for this country. I was really hoping he would continue taking the hydroxycholoquin and let natural selection do it’s thing.

Re: Exactly. Trump was busy playing golf when Covid 19

May 29, 2020, 7:37 PM

my Mom has been prescribed hydroxychloroquine for years to treat arthritis.
strangely, no one was freaking out that she was KILLING HERSELF by taking POISON.
she's in her upper 80's so the fact that it may help against COVID is a plus.

That’s funny, because I remember him restricting travel

May 29, 2020, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Exactly. Trump was busy playing golf when Covid 19 ]

to better protect Americans, and the libtards called him racist and xenophobic, and also accused him of overreacting to the virus.

Of course, it didn’t take long for them to change their tune and say that he didn’t do enough to prevent the virus’s spread. Same drivel from the media and democrats. It doesn’t have to be fair, or make sense. It just has to fit the agenda of painting the president in a bad light.

Thankfully, Americans are tired of that crap and see through those tactics. That’s part of the reason why you will see him re-elected this November.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

How long did it take him to react to it

May 29, 2020, 7:59 PM

a month after the WHO and the rest of the world said it was a problem. Trump does nothing but lack accountability deflect blame and divide this country deeper and deeper. Leaders do NONE of those.

does your boyfriend know you’re on his computer??***

May 29, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to That’s funny, because I remember him restricting travel ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: That’s funny, because I remember him restricting travel

May 29, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to That’s funny, because I remember him restricting travel ]

POTD judge.....you are 1000% correct......Go Tigers!!!!

May 29, 2020, 9:21 PM

b2westfarm said:

POTD judge.....you are 1000% correct......Go Tigers!!!!

What TheRump called a travel ban from China wasn't a travel ban from China. It only banned Chinese Nationals from flying in to the US. So the returning US citizens, plus other foreigners traveling thru the US brought the virus to the US.

TheRump should have quarantined everyone coming from China and Italy.

But this was still b4 he told us that there were only 15 cases, and soon there would be none. Even though his admin, including 2 letters from Peter Navaro, was trying to tell him that the US needed to prepare. He did nothing and we were short of masks, other PPE and ventilators. While he and FoxFakeNews were knowingly lying to all of their viewers stating that the C-19 virus was a Democratic hoax.
TheRump caused the loss of roughly 36,000 lives, just trying to keep the stock mkt values up. What a narcissistic bass!

May 29, 2020, 10:10 PM

You can’t be a liberal without being a bonafide certified liar.......little buddy......Go Tigers!!!!

Calling for the death of a president. Nice.***

May 29, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Exactly. Trump was busy playing golf when Covid 19 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

May 29, 2020, 8:39 PM

Quozzell you seem to be a pretty smart guy when it comes to sports.......better stick with just the sports topics little buddy because it is very evident your political statements are very biased and not very accurate......might be time for TNet to start fact checking YOU.....Go Tigers!!!!!!

You've got a lot of "little buddies"... Check your pants.***

May 29, 2020, 10:18 PM

It costs a buck oh-five.***

May 30, 2020, 7:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,577
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic