Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My responce from WSB-TV Atlanta for cutting the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

My responce from WSB-TV Atlanta for cutting the game

Oct 8, 2013, 9:53 AM

Thank you for your email regarding the Clemson game on Saturday evening. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. The decision to switch to a different game was made by the network and is beyond our control. We will share your thoughts with them as well.

Thank you for viewing Channel 2 WSB-TV and www.wsbtv.com.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2013 6:41 PM
To: WSB-TV Talk2Us (CMG-Atlanta)
Subject: Clemson

To cut to the point, ya'll fricken suck for cuttin the game. Go ahead blame it on the network. Pass it along that they suck too. Can't wait for Fox to kick espns ###.

Sent from my iPad

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My responce from WSB-TV Atlanta for cutting the game

Oct 8, 2013, 9:54 AM

You'll be waiting at least 14 more years for Fox to take over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd call BS on that one.

Oct 8, 2013, 9:59 AM

The station here in Columbia (WOLO) didn't switch to another game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....how was the play?"

SC affiliates were given the whole game.

Oct 8, 2013, 10:21 AM

Surprisingly the Augusta affiliate showed the entire game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC affiliates were given the whole game.

Oct 8, 2013, 10:24 AM

they were in Indiana too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2023, 5:28 AM

Funny that Indiana channels covered, but not those in Georgia. I know, maybe the network needs a map.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2013, 11:00 AM

yeah I was shocked too. But I wasnt going to rock the boat. the one thing I am going to do here is get a link as a backup in case they do that again

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2013, 1:16 PM

Good idea. I looked for one, but had no luck. Had I planned better, I might have found one, but I didn't have adequate time to find one. I'm certainly not as savvy as many/most when it comes to finding the right links and getting hooked into one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2013, 3:20 PM [ in reply to SC affiliates were given the whole game. ]

The ones here in Charlotte didn't cut away, either. Saw the whole game to the end.

Re: I'd call BS on that one.

Oct 8, 2013, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I'd call BS on that one. ]

The one, the only one, our game was on did switch after the 3rd quarter. There is no BS to call. Glad your area didn't switch, but that doesn't mean that it didn't elsewhere. I live in middle Georgia, by the way, and there are quite a few Clemson fans in this state.

They switched away in Raleigh area as well ... no warning,

Oct 8, 2013, 12:16 PM

no announcement, no nothing ... jus go to commercial and "poof" never come back to our game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They switched away in Raleigh area as well ... no warning,

Oct 8, 2013, 1:17 PM

Same here.

I would have threatened to kill his dog, just to make it seem more serious.

Oct 8, 2013, 10:10 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They swtiched off in KY too***

Oct 8, 2013, 10:43 AM

Re: My responce from WSB-TV Atlanta for cutting the game

Oct 8, 2013, 10:44 AM

I live in Augusta and couldn't get it on Dish. Ended up streaming it and it was cut. Angry doesn't begin to describe it

Cut it off in TN too.***

Oct 8, 2013, 11:32 AM

Keep the pressure on. Atlanta's about to become Tigertown.

Oct 8, 2013, 12:09 PM

GT and the Falcons suck and THUGA is imploding.

After the FSU game, Atlanta will embrace the Tigers as their team.

Re: Keep the pressure on. Atlanta's about to become Tigertown.

Oct 8, 2013, 1:23 PM

Do we really want that? They do have a really rotten reputations being ugay homers, sometime GT homers, and terribly biased and unreliable. Not really something to hang one's hat on.

That's complete BS

Oct 8, 2013, 1:50 PM

The local station gets multiple satellite feeds from each network and shows the one they want..... Unless the game is blacked out.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: That's complete BS

Oct 8, 2013, 2:13 PM

I am sure they had some intern in the studio that didn't know their ### from a hat and they flipped the nob and went back to watching the crothclickers suck it. I only regret not telling them they need to hire some decent looking news anchors while I was at it. Looks like i will either find tix for FSU or i will be watching the same channel that night.

The network does not control this... the affiliate does.

Oct 8, 2013, 2:00 PM

I was in Greenville Saturday and we missed the first few minutes of the game while the broadcast stayed on the UNC / Va. Tech game that was all but over with 1:30 left and the Holes down 17. However, when I got back home to Columbia, the local affiliate WOLO had cut away and my DVR copy had the game in its entirety - start to finish.

It turns out that the Greenville ABC station is broadcast out of Asheville, which being a NC affiliate is obviously going to stick with an NC team until the end and not cut away. I didn't see the end of the broadcast there but it sounds like they stuck with it until it was 0:00.

So we have three different ABC affiliates, all doing their own thing as they see fit according to their market.

Definitely a BS response from the Atlanta station.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Atlanta is a day trip..... You've no excuse

Oct 8, 2013, 4:15 PM

Not to go to games..... I drive 5.5 hours each way and make most home games

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic