Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris expects Tigers to continue to boast a top tier offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Morris expects Tigers to continue to boast a top tier offense

Jul 16, 2014, 11:35 AM

Morris expects Tigers to continue to boast a top tier offense

Clemson will be without the services of playmakers like Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins this season, but Chad Morris doesn't think his offense will miss a beat. What does he say about running the football? Will the quarterback still run the football in critical situations? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Morris expects Tigers to continue to boast a top tier offense

Jul 16, 2014, 11:53 AM

I like the explosive and agile running of Wayne Gallman. He showed that in the spring game

That's a relief

Jul 16, 2014, 11:55 AM

I was worried he would come out and say "Our offense will suck this year."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

is that why season tickets are sold before media days?***

Jul 16, 2014, 12:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a relief

Jul 16, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to That's a relief ]

Coaches that admits that, they are usually unemployed not long after. Da Chad is no idiot, and he won't give up his $108,333 dollars for a single game that easily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D "Notoriety"? Notorious? Famous for something bad?

Jul 16, 2014, 12:04 PM

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/notoriety

"Notoriety" is so often misused to mean "fame". It's right up there with "misnomer" (inaccurate name) being misused to mean "misconception".

(Grammar cop gets back into the patrol car.)

Re: D "Notoriety"? Notorious? Famous for something bad?

Jul 16, 2014, 12:48 PM

Did you read the page that you linked to?
"the condition of being famous or well-known especially for something bad"
Especially doesn't mean exclusively (hopefully I don't need to link to their definitions for you).
Heck, just look at the examples on the page to which you linked.
"He achieved instant fame and notoriety with the release of his film" and "His comment about the President has given him a notoriety that he enjoys very much"
Get off your grammar high horse before you fall off and bust your ####. Oh, wait, you already did. Does your butt hurt?

Click here to read Gabi's Story

Jul 16, 2014, 12:54 PM

Congratulations on a very fine piece of work of knocking razzhisazz off his short horse.

Jul 16, 2014, 1:51 PM

It's sad that you can't just make civil, adult points, but instead feel it's appropriate to post juvenile insults, including misspelling profane words. How old are you?

Jul 16, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: D "Notoriety"? Notorious? Famous for something bad? ]

I don't think you understand how to read dictionary definitions. The reason that Webster bothers to include "especially for something bad" in the definition is because THAT'S the connotation of that particular word choice, as opposed to the words "fame" or "publicity" which have no such negative connotation.

If you look at other dictionaries, you'll see that the definition is unambiguous. For example the Oxford Dictionary defines "notoriety" as follows:
The state of being famous or well known for some bad quality or deed.

Synonyms: infamy, disrepute, ill repute, bad name, dishonor, discredit

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/notoriety

Isn't it possible for you to make your point in a civil, adult manner without resorting to juvenile insults about butts and whatnot? How old are you?

STS not filling the void in your life anymore?***

Jul 17, 2014, 7:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: D "Notoriety"? Notorious? Famous for something bad? ]

Well said, TigWilly!

From the offensive perspective, with him as an offensive

Jul 16, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to D "Notoriety"? Notorious? Famous for something bad? ]

coach facing them, it seems apt. From a total team view it would seem technically wrong, but from his position I think he has the liberty to take EITHER view provided its not game day.

RB talent is fine. I want to hear Morris on OL & run game.***

Jul 16, 2014, 12:06 PM

I love morris but I don't understand his comment

Jul 16, 2014, 12:12 PM

When he said he wasnt expecting hot rod to get 1000 yds this past season. Maybe I'm just taking it the wrong way but shouldn't we always expect our starting rb to get a 1000 yds? I know this year will be a little different bc we have good depth at rb but last year I was definitely expecting hot rod to surpass 1000 yds bc he was our only proven rb at the time

Re: I love morris but I don't understand his comment

Jul 16, 2014, 12:29 PM

Before the season he might have been expecting Brooks and Dye to be healthy the whole season and take a larger role.

Point being last year people thought it would be a committee

Jul 16, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to I love morris but I don't understand his comment ]

just like everyone is now saying about this year, and it turned out to be wrong as one guy emerged so what we think in preseason means jack ####. Maybe one guy will emerge again, who knows.

he said Dye would have been the starter had he been healthy

Jul 16, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I love morris but I don't understand his comment ]

so perhaps he was thinking Dye would have 1000 yards. Brooks also was hurt a good bit and would have taken more carries away from Hot Rod.

CM will earn his paycheck this year.***

Jul 16, 2014, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sounds like a recruiting promise - hope he bulks up alot!

Jul 16, 2014, 2:43 PM

Promise made before Watson was injure 2 of last 3 times he played live- last HS game and 2nd live practice in spring! He really needs to bulk up a lot and not lose his agility - hard to do!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oops, this was reponse to the interview -"Watson will play

Jul 16, 2014, 3:29 PM

in Ga. game!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: oops, this was reponse to the interview -"Watson will play

Jul 16, 2014, 7:50 PM

Hello, Watson have already beginning to look like a mini Vic Beasley with his body frame. Works already in progress an growing.

LOL!! Recruiting promise?? No, reality.***

Jul 16, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a recruiting promise - hope he bulks up alot! ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 12:12 AM

His playcalling will be limited when it comes to running the ball. There's no way in hell he can call a QB option read with Stoudt in the back field. Tajh was different because kept defenders on their toes. DCs are gonna tell the end to take the dive everytime and have stoudt make plays with his legs. Running the ball? Good luck Coach. Lets let Stoudt do what he does best and throw the son of a ##### all over the field.

Jul 17, 2014, 6:58 AM

The option read is most effective when run under center not from the backfield. Think last year's AU team and who Morris got this scheme from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 3:01 AM

Morris's statement that Watson will play shows me that he saw his potential in spring practice. Stout has the upper hand on experience as well as game time. He also has the edge on knowing the schemes and the variables (audibles) for the play called. As far as the RB's, by committee may not be a bad thing. With the depth we have, it might make opposing DC's job a little tougher preparing his D for different RB's. Receivers have good speed and will make it easy for Stout as long as the O line does their job protecting the QB. Defense is probably the best we have had in years. Tajh and Sammy are gone, so let's show the pundits what it means to RELOAD and go get a bunch of wins !

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic