Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson releases list of secondary violations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Jul 29, 2011, 4:34 PM

As is its policy to do twice a year, Clemson announced its NCAA secondary rules violations on Friday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was riveting... things would be more interesting if...

Jul 29, 2011, 4:50 PM

Dabo would pee on something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: That would not be secondary at Clemson. His butt

Jul 29, 2011, 7:16 PM

would be gone. Only at South Carolina can you pull that stunt and bet away with it.

Re: That was riveting... things would be more interesting if...

Jul 30, 2011, 12:04 AM [ in reply to That was riveting... things would be more interesting if... ]

How's this for interesting?? Players taking a trip during spring break, staying in a room paid for by agents??? That is a very familiar story; ask Weslye Saunders how that worked out for him.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/clemson-hit-with-ncaa-violations

Jul 30, 2011, 1:13 AM

Southern pigskin didn't even get the facts right. Only two student athletes were there and they had to repay the prorated cost among 5 people. And it is COMPLETELY different from the Saunders incident. First, our players didnt lie about it. Plus they took the trip on their own tab, not an agents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2011, 10:56 AM

Truth is, the facts aren't even out there yet so no one really knows, just saying. Your coach overheard them talking about it according to the report so the players weren't exactly honest about it. The coach(es) would probably never had known about it otherwise. Weslye did lie to the SC coaches when asked but this is a different scenario. The Clemson coach heard them talking, so the truth was out; they couldn't lie even if they wanted to (not saying they would have lied but still). I'm just saying this sounds familiar. Trip to Miami, an agent is tied in somehow...could be something more than what is being reported, you never really know.

Jul 30, 2011, 11:15 AM

The difference is that the coach/university didn't try to hide it or lie about it. The players committed a violation but it was reported and not discovered by an investigation and covered up.

Aug 2, 2011, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: That was riveting... things would be more interesting if... ]

Except you do know because it was reported as a secondary violation and cleared by the NCAA. Not investigated as something more.

null

Re: Clemson releases list of secondary violations

Jul 29, 2011, 6:14 PM

And you thought the tax code was complicated.

Grammar Police???

Jul 29, 2011, 7:39 PM

I love the 5.33 mile drive from Pendleton costing just over $2 and having to donate to a charity. Some of those getting paid between HS and Clemson are concerning though.

The person that typed that report needs to use MS Word and turn on the grammar correction. The person that proofs that report should be fired.

PS - It's great living in Greensboro right now with all these Tarholes up in arms about their coach and AD. Good timing for our secondaries.

Re: Grammar Police???

Jul 29, 2011, 8:08 PM

"I love the 5.33 mile drive from Pendleton costing just over $2 and having to donate to a charity." -- Eliptical construction and lack of parallelism (and having to donate to a charity).

"Some of those getting paid between HS and Clemson are concerning though." -- improper use of vague reference pronoun ("those")

PS - should be lowercase and should include punctuation.

I kid, but pointing out grammar mistakes on a website is an invitation for scrutiny. Please go easy on us interweb users.

Nice... I'll give you a point, I should have studied harder!

Jul 30, 2011, 10:21 AM

I actually spent some time to avoid blatant mistakes... I could have put a comma after the $2 and using 'then'. That's not a conjunction though and then maybe it should have been a semi colon. Stoopid englese!

Holy Cow!!! Hope the extra $2 plus helps the NCAA feel

Jul 29, 2011, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Grammar Police??? ]

better. Also the extra $1/$2 they were mentioning. With all the blatant cases of violations from the peecocks, smurfs, THE Ohio State, just to name a few, I am surprised they have anyone left to deal with irrelevant 'violations' such as these.
I would think they have their hands full.

Re: Holy Cow!!! Hope the extra $2 plus helps the NCAA feel

Aug 2, 2011, 1:05 PM

I think we self report these things. They know it's chicken change compared to sec level infractions, so it's not much of a deal to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if they mailed the check for $2, and if so would the

Jul 30, 2011, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Grammar Police??? ]

cost of the postage stamp be deducted from the fine? Or if they hand delivered the $2 could they deduct the cost of gas from the fine? At $3.80 a gallon maybe they should send the bill to the NCAA. Or if the PSA walked the check to the charity could he then deduct a portion of his cost of his breakfast because of the calories burned while walking the check to the charity? I guess the PSA should use PayPal... but not on a University owned computer, because then he would be in violation of unlawful use of University electricity and would have to work 2 minutes and 8 seconds at the P-plant as comunity service to re-pay the Clemson's cost of electricity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry "community" service***

Jul 30, 2011, 9:12 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed the ACC office turned Dabo in for one of them

Jul 29, 2011, 10:02 PM

I wonder if they were too busy trying to bust our chops for splinters and let UNC slide by with a lumber yard.

Re: Clemson releases list of secondary violations

Jul 29, 2011, 11:13 PM

There is a toddler in the car, it's 110 degrees outside, and we have to call every NCAA official, the state congress, senate, Steve Spurrier, Obama, Clerk of Court, and "The Ohio State University" to ask permission to be a good Samaritan. Mean while after 3 days of phone calls the family just decides to walk. Are you kidding me? God is appalled!

STUPID IS..Re: Clemson releases list of secondary violations

Jul 30, 2011, 12:43 AM

This is a great example of why the NCAA reputation is in the sewer. They've thrown out ALL common sense.
Stupid Is as Stupid Does! But the NCAA would say, it depends on how you define, "Is".
sigh....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: STUPID IS..Re: Clemson releases list of secondary violations

Jul 30, 2011, 11:21 AM

The world has too many lawyers and that, my friends, is the problem.

Aug 2, 2011, 1:06 PM

I'm pretty sure there are way too many coots, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2011, 12:23 PM [ in reply to STUPID IS..Re: Clemson releases list of secondary violations ]

So now you guys don't have to fret about not being able to get half off at the whitney, you now have friends in tigertown who have you covered.

The way i see it, the players had to pay back the whitney so saying we didn't foot the bill is incorrect. USC also did not try to cover it up, we worked with the NCAA to get the problems resolved. It will be the same with Clemson, no big deal. only thing is maybe now i won't have to hear Whitney every time something is brought up because well this is the same situation new team.

Jul 31, 2011, 9:33 PM

Staying in a hotel for months at a drastically reduced rate and staying two nights with a former teamate I think are two vastly different things, but whatever makes you less nervous about your LOI and ongoing investigation.

Jul 31, 2011, 9:58 PM

It's back to the common sense thing again...2 days vs months...BIG Difference. That's been around for awhile though..."Strain a gnat, and swallow a camel"

Aug 2, 2011, 3:19 PM

Both had to pay back what they owed. Not much difference. remember what only $312 can do to you now a days. anyways yes Saunders Lied to Spurrier but he never played another down of football. interesting to see what comes of it if these guys do play. the NCAA is so dumb about how they handle stuff and how slow they are to respond

Aug 2, 2011, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: STUPID IS..Re: Clemson releases list of secondary violations ]

There probably some who are able to believe that. Sad, really! Wow! I'll bet the Easter Bunny is a favorite of yours, too.

Wonder if the $2.66 was figured as a round trip or if the

Jul 30, 2011, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson releases list of secondary violations ]

toddler had to walk to the repair shop in the heat after the visit ? Since it was reported as a violation , I assume we used good sense and went to get them before all those phone calls were actually made. Good for us!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder if the $2.66 was figured as a round trip or if the

Jul 30, 2011, 9:41 AM

It all could have been avoided if Mrs. Swinney had gone and picked them up and said she was driving them to their community service engagment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The one on 4/29...comments on the ACC and NCAA

Jul 31, 2011, 9:52 AM

1. The ACC turned us in? What?

2. The NCAA denied our wavier?

Look, the coach was at his alma mater after hours, during a booster club meeting where they retired his former jersey. I mean, COME ON. Don't they have ANY sense? The violation is for "visiting a school where there is a prospect during spring evaluation" but he didn't make any contace with players or even go view a practice or anything. The fact that the NCAA denied our wavier is very dumb.

Re: The one on 4/29...comments on the ACC and NCAA

Jul 31, 2011, 10:01 PM

Idiots...'simple as that'

Re: The one on 4/29...comments on the ACC and NCAA

Aug 2, 2011, 1:11 PM

Amen!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic