Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting development at DV today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 5,945

Interesting development at DV today.

Apr 6, 2019, 11:07 PM

This year there will be increased security at all gates and there was new metal detectors in all the entrance areas that were part of an experiment today. No longer will there be parking along the Ave of Champions at the North end of the stadium. That entire area that once was premium parking will now be converted into a major entrance area for all on that end of the stadium. I expect a similar plan is in affect for the south stands as well. I didn’t go over on that side. It’s unfortunate that this has to happen but it’s the sign of the times I guess. The powers that be haven’t decided exactly what will happen in the East end zone as yet. We were told that, under no circumstances , would the hill entrance ever be changed. Apparently the new scoreboard will be a part of this change in the East end zone when it happens! Premium seating seems to be of major importance to everyone but I couldn’t find out just what was in the works. I really don’t think that anything has been decided as yet. Lots going on in Clemson Athletics. Be a part of it when you can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just hope larger scoreboard doesn’t affect the Greatest Team Entry in College FB!

Apr 6, 2019, 11:16 PM

If so, then I am more than fine with present & adequate size of replays on video screen!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just hope larger scoreboard doesn’t affect the Greatest Team Entry in College FB!

Apr 6, 2019, 11:27 PM

Let me tell you how that was described today Bill. The balloon release that was halted was a Clemson habit. The entrance into DV by the football team, touching the rock, is a Clemson tradition and will NOT be altered! That is one thing that everyone on tnet will agree with! This AD and his staff do a darn good job in my opinion. The Clemson Tigers are at the very top and I (and you) expect them to stay there. Support Clemson 100%

Re: Just hope larger scoreboard doesn’t affect the Greatest Team Entry in College FB!

Apr 6, 2019, 11:28 PM

110%

Re: Interesting development at DV today.

Apr 7, 2019, 6:12 AM

I really am surprised that cars were allowed to park in those locations for so long after 9/11. I wonder how many more people will end up being assigned to shuttle served parking spaces?

yeah, we've really dodged a bullet up until now huh?***

Apr 7, 2019, 3:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be surprised to see seating above the Hill....

Apr 7, 2019, 8:48 AM

in the next several years. It would be considered premium since the Tigers would run down the Hill directly beneath this seated location.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Don't be surprised to see seating above the Hill....

Apr 7, 2019, 12:38 PM

I believe they define premium seating as luxury box type of seating with a lounge area,restrooms etc. I think that the East end zone will eventually be that kind of addition without eliminating “the hill” Just a guess on my part however

It's not a sign of the times, it's a sign of the lawyers...

Apr 7, 2019, 1:07 PM

There has yet to be any kind of attack/act of terrorism at any sporting event on US soil...much less in MFing Clemson,SC for God's sake...There have been countless instances of these things happening at shopping malls, churches and movies theaters though and I have yet to see any of these "security" measures implemented there...For one simple reason...It is bad for business and it drives customers away...Change my mind

Re: It's not a sign of the times, it's a sign of the lawyers...

Apr 7, 2019, 1:47 PM

96 Olympics?

That was in a park, not an arena or auditorium...Are you

Apr 7, 2019, 2:46 PM

suggesting we enlarge our "security theater" to now include parks? Twenty plus years after the fact?

Re: That was in a park, not an arena or auditorium...Are you

Apr 7, 2019, 2:56 PM

Does the "security" prevent terrorism or is this all an illusion that is put in place by the State? Funny that all of these secure sites have never had bombs set off at the "Point of the Spear"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are more likely to die of heat exhaustion than ANY kind

Apr 7, 2019, 3:27 PM

of attack in the Valley, or ANYWHERE else in Clemson

Re: We are more likely to die of heat exhaustion than ANY kind

Apr 7, 2019, 3:40 PM

Drones are what scares me! An armed drone could easily wipe out any arena or stadium in minutes. I’m not sure how they are controlled. I suspect that they are not

Should we put a dome over the Valley...In the name of safety***

Apr 7, 2019, 3:42 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 5,945
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic