Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spending our money
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 359

Spending our money

Jul 2, 2019, 9:15 AM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/22/trumps-family-trips-cost-taxpayers-nearly-as-much-in-a-month-as-obamas-cost-in-a-whole-year/#13dfadbc36e4

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

comrade, Obama was a creature of the swamp so he was

Jul 2, 2019, 9:31 AM

content to stay there for longer periods of time. Our dear orange leader must escape from time to time.

next question please

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: comrade, Obama was a creature of the swamp so he was

Jul 2, 2019, 11:10 AM

I doubt you were one of the ones criticizing Obama's travel costs, so I don't accuse you of hypocrisy here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

the cost associated with presidential travel is

Jul 2, 2019, 12:32 PM

a necessary evil. Also, I'd be interested to know how much Trump traveled before running for office. I bet he traveled even more often. Its a non-starter with me but I do appreciate the hypocrisy because it was an issue raised by many in the GOP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: comrade, Obama was a creature of the swamp so he was

Jul 2, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to comrade, Obama was a creature of the swamp so he was ]

Trump is part of the swamp too. He made it swampier with nepotism to top it all off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh I agree. just joking around with spoon

Jul 2, 2019, 12:33 PM

I do think he had a chance to avoid becoming part of the swamp but that quickly slipped away when he started appointing his cabinet.

Has Trump taken any vacations to Africa lately?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:28 AM

What year did they use as Obama's year?

askin4afriend

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/obama-africa-trip_n_3441510

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Trump taken any vacations to Africa lately?

Jul 2, 2019, 11:07 AM

Oh, Obama spends $12 million a year but Trump spends $120 million a year "but Obama went to Africa".

Why is every legitimate criticism of Trump rationalized away but "yeah but" sentences about something some other politician did?

Ya'll elected him because he was different.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump had elaborate taste when he was elected.

Jul 2, 2019, 3:49 PM

Not to mention that gov fund spent at his resort only cover the cost. All the profit goes to the treasury. However, I agree. Trump spends too much. I don't like all the spending any more than anyone else but most of Trump's spending goes back into America's economy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was simply questioning the numbers. If Obama

Jul 3, 2019, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Has Trump taken any vacations to Africa lately? ]

spent $100 million on one trip (to anywhere) - then how is his annual average only $12 million?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best part is he stays at his own places so he makes money off it***

Jul 2, 2019, 11:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so he is billing the us government?

Jul 2, 2019, 12:39 PM

Do you have some proof of this, or is this your own personal conjecture?

um, he is Hitler, dontyaknow***

Jul 2, 2019, 2:27 PM

Just after his election he promised to return all profits...

Jul 2, 2019, 3:52 PM [ in reply to so he is billing the us government? ]

related to government business from his businesses to the treasury. That includes Trump hotels when foreign dignitaries stay there and I believe it probably covers his stays in Florida.

Re: so he is billing the us government?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:32 PM [ in reply to so he is billing the us government? ]

Do you have some proof of this, or is this your own personal conjecture?

Every time Trump goes to one of his properties, the property charges for the accommodations of whoever travels with him including the Secret Service.

Here is a more in-depth article about the many ways Trump has profited personally from running for office to actually winning office. He's raking it in.

I know you support Trump, but if you read this article you'll at least understand some of the reason so many people don't like him. :)

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/all-the-ways-trump-cashes-in-on-the-u-s-presidency.html/

I'll say the same thing as i said when Obama was in office..

Jul 2, 2019, 2:40 PM

I don't care.

POTUS should travel as much as they see fit and we (government) should protect the POTUS and have the needed infrastructure for the POTUS to run the country wherever they are...as much as is needed.

POTUS no doubt is the toughest job in the world, and I don't have a problem with the POTUS playing golf every weekend. I sure as heck would.

The issue, of course, are the folks who railed against Obama for this, but turn a blind-eye to Trump.

That vacation to Africa when the Obama's took...

Jul 2, 2019, 6:10 PM

150 of their family and friends was the only complaint I ever made about Obama's travel. Golf, golf is for people who can't catch fish.

Re: That vacation to Africa when the Obama's took...

Jul 2, 2019, 9:50 PM

Just out of curiosity, what was this trip with 150 friends and family?

- Jonathan Swift

Jul 3, 2019, 7:26 AM

Never happened most likely.

Jul 3, 2019, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: That vacation to Africa when the Obama's took... ]

Never happened most likely.

this is even further amplified

Jul 2, 2019, 2:44 PM

when you consider that Palm Beach Florida is closer to DC than Kenya.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not sure Trump’s spending can be spun.

Jul 3, 2019, 10:54 AM

His biggest failing as a POTUS is the lack of dignity and respect with which he holds the office. Second to that is his failing from a spending perspective. He is no less “big government” than his predecessors at this point. A real shame and very disheartening. If you can’t balance the budget on 3.6% unemployment and no significant (and I say that not to diminish anyone’s efforts serving in conflict areas...just a function of the size of the operation) military engagements, I am at a loss as to when it will ever be done.

null

Replies: 21
| visibility 359
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic