Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shaq Lawson Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Shaq Lawson Thoughts

Nov 18, 2015, 9:14 AM

It's great that we get some of our best players out of Georgia, Florida, etc. but it's especially satisfying to me to see that we have a home-grown guy out of Daniel High School who's a finalist for the Lombardi award. Just like Nuk Hopkins, we don't always have to go far from the tree to find top talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We own this state***

Nov 18, 2015, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

That talent that has come out of that school

Nov 18, 2015, 10:15 AM

has be crucial to our success. I'm originally from the Pee Dee where Dillon High School is a similar school that gives all of their talent to South Carolina and those kids either never materialize or transfer out, it's sad honestly.

Kwinton Smith, big time 4-star receiver - I have no idea where he is now. Joe Blue - Spurrier pulled his scholarship last second, DJ Park - taking longer than expected. Bryce King - transferred. I always wished those kids gave Clemson a serious look but I guess not.

We're very lucky to have Daniel literally in our backyard.

Re: That talent that has come out of that school

Nov 18, 2015, 10:21 AM

Can't forget Jarvis Jenkins Tiger77. I went to nearby Seneca high a rival of Daniel, good friends with Shaq. My boy is blessed beyond measures to see where he can from, to providing for his family is just an unbelievable story.

Re: That talent that has come out of that school

Nov 18, 2015, 10:38 AM [ in reply to That talent that has come out of that school ]

Agree with you on Dillon High School- they are really pushed to South Carolina there, but after the past few years I would say we aren't going to produce any Clemson caliber players (I went to high school there). Also, all of our "star" players are used to being treated basically as celebrities and being a main player their whole careers. They never had to really work and that hurts them in college. Rumor I heard was Kwinton Smith didn't attend classes half the time and just did his own thing.

Re: Shaq Lawson Thoughts

Nov 18, 2015, 10:25 AM

Deshawn Williams aka Big Nuk as well.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic